Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New paint scheme - not sure I like it - opinions / advise?

New paint scheme - not sure I like it - opinions / advise?

New paint scheme - not sure I like it - opinions / advise?

You can pretty much tell from the pix what changed. I was thinking of moving the white up to the next crease in the fairing, might look better...

Here is the before pic -

And the after pic -

Thanks!

Not bad, now do some decals. It will be sweet then.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

have fun keeping those rims WHITE!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

Yikes , .that looks horrible...you wanted an opinion. The yeelow and whit dont really click, they have nothing to bring them together,,,to make em flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mille-Ryan
    Yikes , .that looks horrible...you wanted an opinion. The yeelow and whit dont really click, they have nothing to bring them together,,,to make em flow.
    i agree. yellow and black flow much better... unless you have more white on it and just a little bit of yellow...
    ...i mean, sure maybe 4 inches isn't much to them, but it sure as hell is alot to me!

i dont know... maybe you can stick some decals on to make it flow 'mo better' , though, I'm not a big fan of too much decals...

Sorry, I don't like it either. I think with the black it looks much better.

Maybe if you added some flames or some other stuff on top of the white it would look "ok".

Try photoshopping before painting next time, though.
    Green '99 ZX-6R
    "Yeah, crazy girls are the best in bed. They're also the most likely to bite off your weiner."

Sorry man, I have to agree and say the yellow and white don't really flow together. I think it would be sweet if you painted the yellow parts black.
    Bulldog's Motto: F*ck around and I'm going to bite you!!!

I'm with you guys. I think there are too many little things that are black and so the whilte just does not work.

I was thinking of maybe going all white and getting some really light yellow color flames from tape works - thoughts on that?

Thanks for the input.

Quote Originally Posted by Briz Himself
    Not bad, now do some decals. It will be sweet then.
    I was thinking might help it out some, brake up the solid-ness of the 2 colors.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMit
    I'm with you guys. I think there are too many little things that are black and so the whilte just does not work.

I was thinking of maybe going all white and getting some really light yellow color flames from tape works - thoughts on that?

Thanks for the input.
    i think that might work. you might want to rethink about the YELLOW flames tho. maybe a different color....

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover

I actually tried to do that but I have nada PS skills....

Quote Originally Posted by AznMaleGiggalo

Thanks for the input.
    i think that might work. you might want to rethink about the YELLOW flames tho. maybe a different color....
    I was looking at your RC-51 and from others I've been looking at and it semms that the sccent color is usually black, as was mine originally. So I might need to rethink the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by AznMaleGiggalo

Thanks for the input.
    Agreed - suggest red or Black flames.
    '02 GSXR1000

yea, i think black flames on white would look really good.

Quote Originally Posted by BenDover

I actually tried to do that but I have nada PS skills....
    I'm sure there are a few people here that could help you out with that.
    Green '99 ZX-6R
    "Yeah, crazy girls are the best in bed. They're also the most likely to bite off your weiner."

The white doesn't blend well into the yellow, no matter where you put it. I suggest putting a black strip, starting at the foremost point of the seat (on the tank) and underneath it (the seat), which runs towards the front of the bike, possibly tapering a bit, running along the bottom of the yellow, to act as a border between it and the white - I think it would create a line with the seat and act as a border between the yellow and white.

The white rims are really throwing me off. Other than that it doesn't look horrible, but it's not a head turner either.

Contrasting colors will give it dimension.

All that brightness is screaming at my eyes, it just kinda blends into one object with no form.

ahh haaa. how about if you also did the upper in white, same lines, then the back wheel yellow, so as to contrast the colors.Maybe a sticker here or there strategicly placed .

Quote Originally Posted by Mille-Ryan
    ahh haaa. how about if you also did the upper in white, same lines, then the back wheel yellow, so as to contrast the colors.Maybe a sticker here or there strategicly placed .
    That sounds cool.... I think the biggest thing I dont like about it is all the little peices of black everywhere like the screws for the plastics and what not. And the overall theme just doesn'r seem to do anything for me and anyone else for that matter...... :P

removed pic

removed pic

Senior Member Yearly Supporter green_zx7r's Avatar
    How about an all white ZX6R? You can also bling it too! :P

Never seen a pure white one before. Guess it'll be a pain in the arse to clean, but still, kinda cool eh?
    Yusuke (U-skay)
    2002 WSBK Eric Bostrom Monza Wild Card Replica ZX-7R
    2006 Track prepped ZX-6R

Always and forever will be a Kawasaki rider.