Thread: powder coating shop

powder coating shop

does anyone know of a quality powder coating shop in denver or littleton?

Re: powder coating shop

Quote Originally Posted by hooch
    does anyone know of a quality powder coating shop in denver or littleton?
    Try-
    Denver Bumper Works Inc
    830 Wyandot St, Denver, CO 80204
    Phone: (303) 623-3610

They did my frame and wheels.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

thanks!

Hey Jim...how much did they charge you per wheel?

Re: ...

Quote Originally Posted by IQ
    Hey Jim...how much did they charge you per wheel?

Don't remember exactly....but I think was around $50-$75 per wheel. That's having them strip and then powdercoat. Keep in mind that you would have to bring the wheels to them with the tires, rotors, and bearings removed. So you'll also need to buy new bearings and have someone remove and then mount and balance your tires afterwards.

If your looking to get this done, I suggest having Bryan Schumacher do it for you. He can do your tires and bearings for you. His # is 303-669-3179
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

hey, when you did you frame, how long did it take to take apart the bike to send the frame in? this would be my first dismantle and i am just curious about what i am looking at.

hey, when you did you frame, how long did it take to take apart the bike to send the frame in? this would be my first dismantle and i am just curious about what i am looking at.

I did over the course of a few nights after work. I would say that if I did it at one time, I could do it in about 4 hours.
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

I know Jim said 4 hours, personally I'd give yourself a good saturday to do it if it's your first time, that way you have time to make sure you remember where all those bolts go once you get the frame back. Take pics, videotape it, or whatever. One thing I'm doing while I restore a '70 pickup I have is to use those small shipping labels with the strings - I just tag the parts as I remove them with where they go or whatever I should know about them. I also have some ziplock bags for small parts and a big marker.

I know it sounds like overkill, but getting it all back together is not the time (though it always happens this way) to find those 6 remaining bolts, wondering if they went to something useful or not. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    I know Jim said 4 hours, personally I'd give yourself a good saturday to do it if it's your first time, that way you have time to make sure you remember where all those bolts go once you get the frame back. Take pics, videotape it, or whatever. One thing I'm doing while I restore a '70 pickup I have is to use those small shipping labels with the strings - I just tag the parts as I remove them with where they go or whatever I should know about them. I also have some ziplock bags for small parts and a big marker.

I know it sounds like overkill, but getting it all back together is not the time (though it always happens this way) to find those 6 remaining bolts, wondering if they went to something useful or not. :mrgreen:

I took pics while I took it apart, and bagged all the nuts and bolts seperately in labeled zip lock bags. Also, I would suggest that you get the shop manual for your bike if you don't already have it. If you can borrow someone else's bike that is the same as yours when you put it back together, it would also help.

President

MSF
    Rider Coach