Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - CSC entry sponsored by TK-Faster!

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - sign up here! - club entry sponsored by TK Motorsports!

Sorry Tommy, "Tentative" is only an option for the club co-founders, specifically because they both live out of state (well one of em does, the other just works out of state).

If you want to commit to the parade, that's fine, otherwise I can put you on the alternates list, but there's no garantee that you'll get the shirt size you want.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - sign up here! - club entry sponsored by TK Motorspo

HEH, I was actually going to ask to be added to the alternates list, then I saw the other "tentative" folks. Put me down as commited. Maybe I should be commited? hmmm :-/

~tommy

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Sorry Tommy, "Tentative" is only an option for the club co-founders, specifically because they both live out of state (well one of em does, the other just works out of state).

If you want to commit to the parade, that's fine, otherwise I can put you on the alternates list, but there's no garantee that you'll get the shirt size you want.
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - sign up here! - club entry sponsored by TK Motorsports!

Count me in....XL thanks....!

Im in, sign me up

Jorge xl

Thanks
    2002 cbr 954RR
    2006 Heritage Softail Classic
    2001 yzf 250
    1996 Smokin Joes cbr 600 (sold) damm I loved that bike
    Suzuki GSXR 600 (track)
    2003 R6 (track) (sold)

Thumbs up Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - sign up here! - club entry sponsored by TK Motorsports!

I'll be there. XL

Bob, change mine to XXL.
    You must be fast, 'cuz I was haulin' ass when I passed you.

Wade
    '01 TL1000S

Another version for TL is "sounds like Thunder - fast like Lightning"
    Imagine it was said by a Hardley rider!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nissn1 View Post
    theres no soul in R1's only r-soles

Bob, please add me to the list and the shirt size would be large or XL for over the gear.

Thanks,
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Still room for 4 more bikes!
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
    R.I.P. 502

Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - sign up here! - club entry sponsored by TK Motorspo

I'll ride, but I don't do stunts and I don't have any shitty tires to burn.
    XXL and maybe a L for the wife
    2000 gsxr 750

Quote Originally Posted by ChefQ
    I'll ride, but I don't do stunts and I don't have any shitty tires to burn.
    XXL and maybe a L for the wife
    Rode in last year's and found that the back o' the pack was a place for the "save my tires" crowd. Even though it will be cool weather overheating is an issue. Last year, one of the bikes blew out coolant.

Perhaps the support truck can carry a few basic repair items/ramp?

xxl for over gear

hey hey hey its me again can i add an xl for the wife thanks oops forgot about her lol no one tell her

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pilot
    Rode in last year's and found that the back o' the pack was a place for the "save my tires" crowd. Even though it will be cool weather overheating is an issue. Last year, one of the bikes blew out coolant.

Perhaps the support truck can carry a few basic repair items/ramp?
    I'll bring some tools and a ramp, but understand that we will not stop in the parade to load up a broken bike - if one dies, it will have to be moved out of the way onto a side street and wait to get rescued until the end. We'll also likely have kids in the back for the parade so we can put some stuff in there but it will be limited.

Tell you what... I will bring the trailer down. It's huge, and we can lock plenty of gear and other random crap in it during the parade itself - and I can haul 2 bikes in there plus 2 in the bed if necessary.

Some "be nice to your bike" parade tips:
    - Burnouts in rapid succession eat up clutches like crazy. If you do one, give your bike some time to cool back down. We've had people crack multiple plates in one defining moment of fury forgetting that one.
    - Likewise, if you're gonna do a burn out, do not hold the clutch lever partially in and rev the piss out of your bike. The friction caused by the plates not engaging will burn up the clutch rapidly.
    - Batteries do not charge at idle - they drain. Your generator does not put out enough juice at idle RPM to overcome the drain of lights and other things (especially on fuel injected bikes), so it's a good idea to rev the bike regularly - plus the crowd likes it.

Please do not go crazy with the stunts!! It's hit or miss but some of the parade marshals really dislike that stuff. Cops don't care (much). In the past we've been asked not to do any. Unless you are highly experienced, highly safe, always in positive control, and in full safety gear, don't even go there (and I only know a couple riders that might fit that category). We will be in a group of 30 motorcyles with kids in the group, not to mention be surrounded by thousands of people. Just one screw-up can kill someone, and even hinting that you might be out of control is enough to leave a real bad impression and get all of us kicked out.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Mrs. rforsythe Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Do we know how many kids will ge going?

I am asking because I was going to get some candy for the kids to throw during the parade so they have something to do (those that are riding in the truck with Ralph and I).

(I am guessing there will be only a few in the truck with us?)

Bob do we know if there is a theme like last years Mardi Gras theme?

Amos Bronson Alcott

I think I need some EngineIce, any one wanna help? I've never worked on my bike before...

If I get stuck in traffic, my engine will climb into 220,230, even 240 once, the dummy light came on and I finally pulled out of traffic, and it cooled down..

Last summer it was getting hot when I was stuck in traffic in the mountains....I had to turn it off everytime traffic would stop for a minute or two....

I've been told by a member Engine Ice could help....

Does your fan come on?
    You might want to take this to "Bike Tech"
    Last edited by Bueller; Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 at 06:17 PM.

If there is a slot open I can ride, don't worry about a shirt...
    I thought the Parade Marshalls told us stunting was a no no…
    Last edited by Snowman; Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 at 06:32 PM.

MRA Racer No.427

If there is still a slot that remains in the line-up I am there! I don't need a t-shirt (i know that the count for the larger sizes XXL dwindle fast).
    --saving the tread on my Avons--
    bus_henry
    "its boxy, its fast..."

iba#14410 -- 1kss, bbg, 50cc, 2kss, 3kss and b2b_insanity completed -- it has been 4 years.
    UPDATE bbg_insanity will run somewhere btwn APR-JUN 09

Quote Originally Posted by 89ninjaguy
    Fri Mar 2nd, 2007, 06:21 PM
    xxl for over gear
    if you want to participate, you must sign-up before noon on Thursday, March 1st
    I'll see what I can do though.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Please do not go crazy with the stunts!!
    Stunting is NOT ALLOWED, sorry.
    As much as the crowd loves it, we've been instructed not to for (the parade committee's) insurance purposes. We might be able to get away with stoppies, but temperature/sunshine may limit available traction to do so. On the other hand, I don't think they consider burnouts as stunts. Just be careful if you do - there are tiny bits of rubber that are flying off your rear wheel... if you're pointed the wrong way, these can go into the crowd and potentially hurt someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy D
    Do we know how many kids will ge going?
    As far as I know, only 3, Siate will be riding his dirtbike, and Yoda's kid will be on the back with him, so it looks like it's only your nephew will be in the back of the truck.

I am asking because I was going to get some candy for the kids to throw during the parade so they have something to do (those that are riding in the truck with Ralph and I).
    Throwing things from a vehicle are not allowed (you're supposed to have someone walking alongside your entry handing stuff out ), but I've seen others do it, so what the heck - if they tell us to stop, we'll stop.

Bob do we know if there is a theme like last years Mardi Gras theme?
    The theme for this year is "Irish Roots & Cowboy Boots"... whatever that means!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman
    If there is a slot open I can ride, don't worry about a shirt...
    I've added you to the list. I should be able to get you shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by towneh
    If there is still a slot that remains in the line-up I am there! I don't need a t-shirt (i know that the count for the larger sizes XXL dwindle fast).
    Same thing I said to Snowmain applies to you.
    Last edited by Spiderman; Sun Mar 4th, 2007 at 01:41 PM.
    R.I.P. 502

Re: 2007 St. Patty's Day Parade - CSC entry sponsored by TK Motorsports!

hey anyone know where we are meeting for the parade thanks i should have bike fixed by then 2 weeks

Man, I wadded my WR today, pretty good!! Anti-freeze leaking from somewhere and not the radiator and a ton of other crap. I'm only really worried about the anit-freeze leak. See what I see tomorrow, my back hurts too much now!! It was still WAY better than watching TV!!!!! I don't wanna ride my R1 in the parade. Way too high a gear. Parts is parts!!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

Quote Originally Posted by 89ninjaguy
    hey anyone know where we are meeting for the parade thanks i should have bike fixed by then 2 weeks
    I will send out the info to all the registered participants once I get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kim-n-Dean
    Man, I wadded my WR today, pretty good!! Anti-freeze leaking from somewhere and not the radiator and a ton of other crap. I'm only really worried about the anit-freeze leak. See what I see tomorrow, my back hurts too much now!! It was still WAY better than watching TV!!!!! I don't wanna ride my R1 in the parade. Way too high a gear. Parts is parts!!!!
    Dean, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. I hope Kim's leg is ok!
    R.I.P. 502

Dean, I'm sure you'll get it figured out. I hope Kim's leg is ok!
    No worries here. Parts is parts, unless the leak is something fatal.

I should probably point out Kim's crash and mine were seperate. She crashed and was back at the truck. I rode some more and was heading back to call it a day and crashed, hard, 20 feet from my truck... I'z got's skilz!!!
    Kim & Dean
    60th Anniversary R6 - '16 R1M

hey bob my other daughter was wondering if she could ride in the back of the truck. i understand if the answer is no and i already told her it was too late and not to get her hopes up at all.
    R.I.P. mom i will always love you