Thread: Memorial and Scholarship fund for Fallen Soldiers' Families

Memorial and Scholarship fund for Fallen Soldiers' Families

The 1st Battalion, 67th Armor Regt. Death Dealers have returned from OIF 05-07. Our accomplishments range from training Iraqi Security Forces; to help rebuild areas of Babil and Karbala Provinces; to battling a virulent insurgency. These victories came at a heavy cost. Seventeen Death Dealers gave the ultimate sacrifice this past year, joining their four commrades who fell in OIF 1 in 2003.
    We are creating an educational fund for the over 20 children of our fallen. The fund will be a USAA Uniform Gift to Minors Acct. The fund will grow until the child's 18th birthday, at which point it will become available for their use. We hope to raise $50,000 to aide our deceased brothers' children. If you would like to make a donation to this worthy cause, please contact CPT Brett Medsker, adjutant, 1-67AR at brett.medsker@hood.army.mil or phone (254) 287-0794. Please make any checks payable to: 1-67AR Battalion Memorial and Scholarship Fund and send to CPT Brett Medsker, 1-67AR BN, BLDG 31004, 73rd St, Ft.Hood, TX. 76544

THANK YOU ALL IN ADVANCE
    SSG Brisbane
    US Army
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Re: Memorial and Scholarship fund

I guess soldiers dying for their country isnt a worthy cause to donate...Thanks anyways..
    R.I.P 502

Just cause we didn't respond does not mean we didn't contribute
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Eh no worries...
    R.I.P 502

Skadi

I posted it as a Blog on myspace with a bulletin since I can't donate right now

hmm i guess ppl dying is not a good enough charity to give to...Fuck it i hope this country gets invaded and you guys have to deal with that..Maybe then you will care about soldiers families.
    R.I.P 502

hey dude its not that no one cares, I would love to donate but right now I have 4 kids and barely a pot to piss in.....I donate whenever I can and right now im struggling. sorry

its not that but honestly i could care less about some one gettin their head shaved...Maybe me seeing ppl die right next to me makes me care less if someone dont have hair.
    R.I.P 502

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brizz
    hmm i guess ppl dying is not a good enough charity to give to...Fuck it i hope this country gets invaded and you guys have to deal with that..Maybe then you will care about soldiers families.
    And this attitude towards people is just as bad. Like Siobhan said, just because people dont respond to your thread doesn't mean that a donation wasn't made, nor do they have to provide an explanation as to why they didn't or can't donate to the fund.

I'm sure you are well aware that there are plenty of charities and funds out there for the families of fallen soldiers.

As far as this country being invaded and us having to deal with that, where the hell do you think you and other's will be called to? you really think that if the war came to US Soil that us civilians would be on our own?

Dont get me wrong Jon, you and countless other's are held to the highest regard for the sacrifices you have made and the service that you are providing, but your attitude has really gone to shit and you're the only person in the service that has made so many negative comments that i've seen or heard, ever.

Be proud of who you are, the job you're doing. Not everyone is going to agree with this war or any other war, but to hear a soldier speak that way about his country is disturbing and heartbreaking.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

I know for a fact that no donations have been made from this club..Yes my attitude is getting bad when i see some BS about shaving a head and ppl care more about that then these guys taht protect their country. I know for a fact that i personally have given many many things to this club and its members charities. And i ask and NOTHING...So tell me how you feel when you keep filling something that will never do the same for you..

Yes my attitude has gone to shit..But i wouldnt expect anyone to understand how i feel.
    R.I.P 502

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

I apologize. The address is sitting on my computer desk at home. Yeah, I've procrastinated, but also have a coupla bills sitting in my backpack ready to be mailed and haven't been by the Post Office. Before heading there tonight, I'll be sure to write out my donation check and send it as well.

You are right to be disheartened.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Maybe you should drop by my place this evening and give me a swift kick in the patootie to get me to haul my rear-end out to the Post Office with that check. Brizz> <me
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brizz
    I know for a fact that i personally have given many many things to this club and its members charities. And i ask and NOTHING...So tell me how you feel when you keep filling something that will never do the same for you..
    you're taking a good thing and personalizing it. If you donate time or money to a charity it should be because you want to do it, because you feel strongly about supporting the cause, not because later on down the line you'll post up your own charity and expect other's to contribute.

be upset that people aren't donating to a worthy cause, that's fine and i agree with being upset over that, but dont post up hateful comments of the country that you're sworn to protect because of it.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Perhaps setting up a Paypal account might persuade people to do this?

It's much easier to do a few mouse clicks when you're bored at work, than to mail a check. I can tell you that R2SL gets hundreds of donations, and the vast majority are electronic, followed by credit cards at the event. Cash and checks are pretty rare for people to give us in person, let alone mail. It happens, but let's just say allowing people to pay via their computer has really helped the cause. Just a thought.

I edited your title, too.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Re: Memorial and Scholarship fund for Fallen Soldiers' Families

So lemme me get this straight... My post gets deleted out, because I call a spade a spade, but the posts stay where Yusuke's efforts are purposefully diminished and insulted?

"Nice Work" to the Mod/Admin that thought that one up.

Oh well.... It still doesn't change the fact that success will be met, where success is deserved, and sediment will always find it's rightful home as well.

Carry on.
    Last edited by ~Barn~; Mon Mar 19th, 2007 at 04:02 PM.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson