Thread: Cuz got a bike

Cuz got a bike

yup yup proud of him for making that move. He got a 2005 ninja with 4500mi for 5500 I think. My concern was that the bike was too much for him being that it's been a long time since he last rode or ever rode a bike like that.

The reason I say was is because as I was showing him how to ride he dumbed the bike and broke his clavicle. Damn I feel/felt guilty about it. For what it's worth I did everything to the best of my ability to ensure that he rides well. Got him familiar with it in a parking lot and then progressed to bigger things from there.

So after riding around he's picking it up quick and we're both hungry after practicing for hours we take the bikes to grab something to eat. Upon leaving he gave it too much throttle and the gravel didn't help much and wiped out going only 15mph.

He's optimistic about riding again and I'm helping him put his bike back together so hopefully soon we can all go for a ride with him. Problem is that it could be a while before I'm willing to take him back out on the roads again. But he'll get there later better then never.
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

1948-2011 - R.I.P. Lifetime Supporter Scruff Dog's Avatar

Re: Cuz got a bike

How old is he?
    2004 Aprilia RSVR Factory
    2005 Yamaha R1
    2001 Corvette Z06

If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

How about him taking an MSF class?

MSF classes?

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Motorcycle Safety Foundation

Great into riders course on small bikes. Graduate from the beginners class, show up with the cert card and $1 to get your license motorcycle endorsed from the DMV

Check out

www.t3rg.com

Thanks RYBO

Quote Originally Posted by Scruff Dog
    How old is he?
    He must be a FOG, otherwise why would it be in this forum.

DIS-MEMBERED
    (Banned)

all you old bastards need to give it up!

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by pig pen
    all you old bastards need to give it up!
    I'll hang it up the minute you can even stay in my mirrors....
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Yeah pigfucker. Cycle Monkey has a suzuki so he owns the streets AND the racetrack. Whatchew know bout a gixxer one thou?
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Yea I have to agree on this. I'm not a long time rider and I do believe that experience is where it's at, but the MSF course does help a ton. I really would put him in that direction. Even if he has his license, he should still take the course for knowledge sake. 21 year old MALE, with testosterone and a bike, with no learning curve equals "fucked". He needs some fine tuning and an "adult" to show him the ways of the world. Just my .02.
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 64BonneLass
    He needs some fine tuning and an "adult" to show him the ways of the world. Just my .02.
    "adult"? you saying Bassil Duwaik isn't an adult? Because I have it on good authority that his Ducati can go over 150, and that he always posts later to check on the people who eat shit behind him. Sounds pretty adult and responsible to me.
    Though I would like to know why the hell Bassil or his 21 year old "cuz" has anything to do with the FOG section.
    Last edited by Mel; Mon Mar 19th, 2007 at 05:22 PM.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

who is this Pig Shit ? Sounds like a little bitch who doesn't even own a bike, So PigShit go jump on your tricycle and piss off!!
    BMW 87 k100rs, 2000 BMW R1100s
    90 Ducati 750 sport, 73 Ducati Condor
    Kaw 03 300klx, 97 Gixxer 600 trackbike

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

PigPen? Just another figment of someone's wild imagination just like Kite was. This person has one of two goals in mind: 1. just another pot stirrer...gets his jollies out of watching people getting all riled up. Oh, and I know of where I speak on that one. My son does the same thing in his own lil group of friends online. He laughs and talks about how he can get everyone all foaming at the mouth with how he can "shit-talk". It's actually quite funny. 2. Another way for this person (not pigpen, but the person using the pigpen psuedonym) to find out how the "group mentality" works. See how we all tick when someone who is "different" gets introduced to the group and how that person is accepted/denied. IMO, just ignore him and he'll go away. Feed into his words (and that's all they are is words) and he'll keep stirring.

Edit: Oh yeah, and sometimes I'm a bit slow on the uptake and state the obvious before getting the joke. Huh?
    Last edited by mtnairlover; Tue Mar 20th, 2007 at 02:04 PM.
    ...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways