Thread: tightening a throtle on a F4I

tightening a throtle on a F4I

How do you tighten the throtle response on a 2001 CBR600F4I? I cant figure it out. Anyone help?
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Do you have play in your throttle cable? Can you turn your throttle a little bit and the engine doesnt speed up? Or are you looking for a carburation type problem? For play in the cable there is an adjuster right up by the grip. All you do is loosen the locknut turn the adjuster and then re tighten the locknut. Just make sure that the engine doesnt speed up when you turn the bars from side to side. My cable had a whole buch of play in it when i picked up my bike, so that was the first thing i did when i got it home.If you need help with it let me know.If you are looking at a carburation problem I have the shop manual for it but Honda fuel injection is normally pretty good.

No he just has a bit of play in his throtle. He wants to take out the play.
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Go for the little adjuster. its right where the cable comes out of the twist grip.

is it about a 2" black metal piece with a 10mm nut looking thing on the part nearst the hand grip? can you take a pic? i messed with this and it did not tighten nor loosen the throtle. Am i in the ball park?

Yeah you twist the long hex-sided black metal thing, and use the nut as a lock-nut.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

You are in the ball park.I could take some pics and e mail them to you if you want.

So.... Did it work?