Thread: PMP rental explanation

PMP rental explanation

Hello to everyone,

I will try and explain the scheduling. We are booking time 1 month ahead of time. Since we are basically (Yes, I know there are 2 others) the only track in Colorado offering individual track rentals for cars the car folks need track time as well. I am mandated by the City of Pueblo to make room for everyone and Lord knows I cannot control the weather. Many of the "cars only" dates were scheduled as far back as November 2006. When setting the 2007 schedule, I put in 1 Friday each month for Bikes Only or booked an MRA day. Glenn, being the great President he is and with his future insight, jumped in last year and booked dates so the MRA club would have track dates. He saw what the enormous problem track time would be for 2007 and in 2006 set dates for 2007. If you belong to the MRA please check with him about what plans the MRA for their exclusive dates, if your not- Join the MRA. I do not want to sound like an advertisement for the MRA BUT and there always is---- the MRA club has the memberhsip numbers and the management to get you on the track. The membership numbers can support exclusive days. All Sat/Sunday dates were taken by November 2006. Fridays are almost all gone for 2007.

The next "Bikes Only" Friday is April 25, When car clubs have a Sat/Sun event, they reserve the Friday before with an exclusive for "cars only".

It is my belief, we will be booking track time 2-3 months ahead when we get into April. So, look ahead and book time now for 2 or 3 months from now.

In April I only have 4 days. Which 3 are cars/bike days. Sessions will be ran. No Fridays.

In May I only have 3 days available, but 2 bikes only Fridays (May 4 and May 25). Bikes Only twilight ride begins May 14 (Monday) and is every other Monday night. IF we get the numbers (10 or more) bikes on Mondays I can schedule more Monday nights. . Last year we did not get a lot of demand for Monday nights so we went to every other Monday in 2007. That can change. I have 3 days available for exclusive rentals. 1 Monday and 2 Tuesdays. If 15 bike riders got together and booked an exclusive you would have more days. If one of you want to spearhead this just call me and I will explain how it works.

In June I have 7 days for individual track time and Bikes only Friday on June 22.

Please note: My cell rings approximately 60-70 times a days requesting track time. Many customers are as disappointed as you. I share with them the same message: BOOK NOW FOR 3 MONTHS FROM NOW. The schedule changes 6-8 times PER DAY.

I do plan on running bike/car days in sessions which most customers complain about but there is no other alternative. When I run sessions some customers do not feel they "get their moneys worth" so I should reduce the track rental fee which NO it won't happen. Who can ride or drive for 8 hours straight anyway. I could write a book on some of the justifications people have for reducing the fee to them.

In my heart of hearts I wish another road course would open up so all the folks in Colorado would have track time.

All said, I am dancing as fast as I accommodate everyone.

Ene

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: PMP rental explanation

Ene,

I just want to say thanks for all that you do. Your job is especially challenging this year and that you take the time to come here and explain what is going on to us is greatly appreciated.

Hope you are having an outstanding spring.

Scott