Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Re: 3/25 sunday IMI

Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    I have no signals in mine, but really ould rather not remove them unless needed. I think taping the glass to ease cleanup is enough, and all I would ask anyone to do, if that. What about all the other breakable bits too? Should we tape all our signals, head and brakelights, and bodywork, replace the coolant, and put the AMA-legal catch-pan w/diaper to prevent any soiling of the track? Doesn't that go against the "run what ya brung" theme of IMI? That's, honestly, one of the reasons I like doing that instead of a normal track, and why I'm hesitant to go to a big one. You show up, you ride, you go home. Little or no prep. My street bike IS my track bike. Hence, my attitude of not wanting to wad the f#cking thing!
    Frank,

I think the point here is to come to some reasonable conclusion about INCREASING the safety of riding at IMI. We haven't had to have this discussion before because it's not been that popular of a place to ride. Last september when you were there you had about 12 bikes....this year we've probably had as many as 30 and it's really starting to get dangerous. There is a huge variance in the skill level out there and one of the major problems that is being encountered is that inexperienced track riders are using their mirrors to eye up what's behind them. In doing this they change line and become unpredictable. There is an easy solution....tape up the mirrors.

All of your other listed mods are great ideas too. There is no reason you can't feel free to go ahead and make them.

I'm guilty of leaving the mirrors on my street bike when I ride to IMI...I don't use them, but I'll be taping or removing in the future because I agree with the premise of the rule. It is flat out dangerous to use the mirrors on the track. PERIOD.

on another note....scariest thing I've ever dodged on the track is a broken chain as it came zipping off of a modern vintage GTO bike in front of me....it had a certain missle like quality that I'm glad I didn't get in the way of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller
    You've passed some one
    Oh, funny. Well, at least Ralph thinks so. And you know I have passed someone, since I have passed you. Sure, you were sitting still, but a pass is a pass.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser