Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 sunday IMI

Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Re: 3/25 sunday IMI

Hehehe.... track was soooooo muddy when we first got there......

Last edited by Slo; Sun Mar 25th, 2007 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299
    Vehicle 1, haha, again, that was awesome riding on the bandit!!!
    Thanx Slo1299… ...I love that Bandit man. As long as I keep her front settled and under control she does well. Can’t wait to get on the track again and work on the right hand turns, still feeling less confident than in the left turns.

D.
    636 '04
    DRZ400SM '08
    EXC 520 '02

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Nice to meet you newcomers today. Sorry to see the carnage but glad everyone walked away ok. Definitely the worst day for drops that I've seen out there this year and it was by far the busiest day I've seen too.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Goodtimes Nice meetin ya guys. Paul hey no problem bud if you need anything let me know.
    Jay hope your boy is ok he looked pretty efed off when I left.
    Big thankyou to the guy on the kawi tard for runing off and going down in the mud instead of making me a speed bump. My bike is alright mostly just mud a bent shifter and a little grindage on the case and slider and my spool got bent took some color off my leathers.
    I forsure think it was a little to busy for how small it was out there. I'm to slow for those tards they rip that shit looks hella fun.
    I've got some pics. I'll post umm in a bit
    Last edited by N1KSS1KS1x; Sun Mar 25th, 2007 at 07:38 PM.

Some of those tard riders are national guys or ex AMA roadracers.
    MRA #retired

I thought it was very cool for that couple of guys from the dirt bike trailor to help out with cleaning/sweeping the track in the AM. Even though they weren't there to ride the track they still helped us out. 2-wheel'd people always help each other out in the end, that's what makes it so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurch
    Some of those tard riders are national guys or ex AMA roadracers.
    And some are just 'tards

Damn I wish I could have made it out there. the last time is was there I crashed and a buddy highsided.

Next time I will go out there and meet all you guys.

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

good times today! thanks everyone for the tips they helped me do everything but catch those motards! later
    Last edited by SixnChange; Sun Mar 25th, 2007 at 10:32 PM.
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

Quote Originally Posted by tobin
    good times today! thanks everyone for the tips they helped me do everything but catch those damn motards! later
    You did very good out there, don't worry about the motards, they will help motivate you in the future.

We definitely need to run sessions next practice. Mixing skill levels like we did today is asking for trouble. We will have to seperate our little bikes from the big fast street bikes.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Quote Originally Posted by krod
    We definitely need to run sessions next practice. Mixing skill levels like we did today is asking for trouble. We will have to seperate our little bikes from the big fast street bikes.
    I have the smallest bike!!!! Tards suck.
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

Thanks to everyone that came out today, helped me a lot! let's do it again soon. and those pics are sweet

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauliep
    Good times friends. Big thank you to Mark for helping me with getting my bike on the road. Made it home fine without any oil dripping. Thank you Nick and Bassil for riding home with me.

Here's the pics from my camera
    http://picasaweb.google.com/skidrock7/IMI
    sweet many thanks to the photographer!
    Last edited by SixnChange; Mon Mar 26th, 2007 at 09:33 AM.
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

When we going to see the pics you got jay?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

http://picasaweb.google.com/Slo1299/032507IMI

My camera is not that good and I'm not a good photographer but heres a few..... I might have a couple of short vids later in the week when I get to it.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Mar 26th, 2007 at 09:08 AM.

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by krod
    We definitely need to run sessions next practice. Mixing skill levels like we did today is asking for trouble.
    With as many bikes a there were out there yesterday, I agree. We also had a lot of people new to track riding and it sounded like a few of them were a little freaked out by what seemed like close passes. With more experience, they'll realize that if they just ride their line, there's nothing to worry about and that having people go by you within inches is just part of the track experience.

Personally, I only saw one screwup when someone on a tard was clearly thinking he was going to take Bueller on the inside in the righthander at the end of the back straight. I was thinking "bad idea" because he was way too tight on the entry to carry enough speed to get around Bueller. He realized he wasn't going to make it, locked it up, rode off into the dirt and dumped it. In a crowd, that could have been quite ugly.

But, it would be a lot safer to split the sessions by skill level to a) let the inexperienced get their skills built up and b) let the faster guys have more fun. It would also allow some on-track teaching for the inexperienced like I wanted to do yesterday with my brother in law, going slower and showing him lines, body positioning, etc. I would love to see a session or two where the experienced guys pair up with less experienced track riders and teach them how to get better. The experienced guy could lead for several laps to demonstrate things, then switch positions for a few laps to observe and then when they call us in to let the karts out, a post-ride debrief would take place. Seems to me that this would be a good thing to do for a few sessions in the morning.

I sense a little frustration building on both sides and I'd rather we all worked together to become better riders rather than start bitching about each other. How about it?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell
    I sense a little frustration building on both sides and I'd rather we all worked together to become better riders rather than start bitching about each other. How about it?

Dirk
    BRILLIANT! (said in my best Guinness commercial voice)

Good thoughts!!!!

Also a huge thanks to Woody (not sure if he comes on CSC) for taking the time to show me a few things out there @ IMI, RYBO, I listened to what you said before and it helped out comparing to the last time I went there.

I still have so much to learn..... hand cramps were getting me in the AM but later in the afternoon, I was starting to relax on the bike and the hands were doing much better.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Glad it was working for you!

Looking forward to getting out there again sometime soon

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell
    I just drove out there to see how bad it was and it is extremely muddy on the dirt road. I had to wash the caked-on mud off the Saturn when I got home. It might dry out a bit if it doesn't rain any more tonight but I suspect it will still be quite messy early in the morning. I'll probably stick to the streets tomorrow.

Dirk
    Exactly why I decided to pass. Glad everyone who went had a good time.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

The mentor lap idea is great. Along with seperating into skill levels. Gives more time to discuss laps riden and what's going to be tried on the next time out. I think a lot of progress would be made not to mention a lot safer too.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6