Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 sunday IMI

Re: 3/25 sunday IMI

Yep Sorry my typing skills suck.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Thanks to all who came over and said hi it was a fun day....I was on the old orange & black CBR900RR & my buddy was on the yellow & black R1.....plus or other friends were on a big Black TL1000 and a little red Duc 748. Anyways had fun look forward to seeing you all again....

Take Care,
    Joe
    What Does Not Kill You Makes You Stronger!!!

2006 CBR1000RR
    2001 GSXR 750 track

Member Yearly Supporter TommyTheKid's Avatar

What do you guys use to get your lap times?

~tommy
    ~~TommyTheKid~~
    BLUE 2005 Suzuki DL-650 V-Strom
    - my first bike - 2006-08-21
    YELLOW 2006 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II - for snowboarding season - 2006-03-18
    ... so, yea, I have some debt

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Lap timer.....expensive stopwatch that works off of an infrared beacon...

check 'em out

http://axismoto.com/ReceiverTimers.asp

most ninja's have a lap timer/stopwatch on them now
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Quote Originally Posted by silkboxr
    Thanks to all who came over and said hi it was a fun day....I was on the old orange & black CBR900RR & my buddy was on the yellow & black R1.....plus or other friends were on a big Black TL1000 and a little red Duc 748. Anyways had fun look forward to seeing you all again....

Take Care,
    Joe
    Joe, was nice meeting you guys out there. See you guys out there again soon.
    Last edited by Slo; Tue Mar 27th, 2007 at 08:44 AM.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    my mirrors are mine bitchs and no ones taken them away from me...

P.s. if they gotta go they gotta go, It's a small track taking about a min to complet. Speaking of which did anyone get their times around the track? I'm sure if everyone notes their times now and at the end of the year we'll see a big improvment on them
    I will brake your fuckin' mirrors off then.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Wow, over $200 just to see that I am slow, maybe not

~tommy

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO
    Lap timer.....expensive stopwatch that works off of an infrared beacon...

check 'em out

http://axismoto.com/ReceiverTimers.asp
    ~~TommyTheKid~~

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Be more than happy to stand at the side with a stopwatch for you for a couple laps....

Quote Originally Posted by silkboxr

Take Care,
    Joe
    It was good watching you guys do your thang, it also helped to follow you (for the few seconds i could)

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO
    I think KROD meant 58 and 54...

I'm pretty quick around it and have managed 1:05 on a sportbike...It takes practice and skill to keep it under 1:10.
    I seem to remember doing a 1:10.5's on my second track day ever (9/18/06) out there, when Terra was running 1:04's, and Pilot was running 1:10.5's in his Lotus. I remember Mike running close to Terra's times until........ Luckily, both the guys that went down that day were unhurt and the bikes had minimal damage. Fun day though!

I second that I might tape my mirrors next time out, but won't remove them unless the track specifies it. I don't remember having anyone complain about me looking in them. I used them wisely. Key word being wisely.
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

Quote Originally Posted by TommyTheKid
    Wow, over $200 just to see that I am slow, maybe not

~tommy
    Hell, we'd be happy to tell you you're slow for free!
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Mirrors have no place on ANY track, even IMI. You crash, guess whats the first fuckin' peice to bust off and skip across the track in that path of another rider. Take 2 seconds and remove your mirrors, out of respect for your fellow riders and everyone's safety.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I was thinking about the stopwatch thing, I was interested to know *how* slow I was (especially in comparison with everyone else). My TKC-80's are starting to wear out pretty bad, and I have some Metzeler Tourance's in mind look out!

~tommy

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    Hell, we'd be happy to tell you you're slow for free!
    ~~TommyTheKid~~

Quote Originally Posted by konichd
    Mirrors have no place on ANY track, even IMI. You crash, guess whats the first fuckin' peice to bust off and skip across the track in that path of another rider. Take 2 seconds and remove your mirrors, out of respect for your fellow riders and everyone's safety.
    If it's decided that we prep the bikes for IMI (somewhat defeating the "run what ya brung" premise), then I'll tape things. 'Till then, I MIGHT tape the mirrors. Vote?

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

No other track allows mirrors, why should we have mirrors at IMI? Just because they have minimal safety standards, that doesn't mean you can't go above and beyond the minimum.

I honestly don't think taping is even enough. TAKE THEM OFF!

David-

I agree with what your saying regarding track safety. Ultimately, is it the mirror "skipping across the track" or those riders eyeballing those behind them in their mirrors that really makes things dangerous? Just as you mentioned about the mirror going across the track, aren't there other parts that could easily skip across the track like clutch levers, brake levers, plastics, etc.?

Additionally, just as a polite FYI, taking the mirrors off a K5-K7 GSXR is no 2 second process. Keep in mind, the turn signals are also located in the mirror assembly. The instrument cluster has to be removed in order to separate the wire leads going to the turn signals and the wire routed out of the fairing assembly to remove the entire assembly. Not a huge deal, but it won't be done in the time other bikes can be done.

I would think taping the mirrors with painters tape would be a good start for these setups, but as someone still in the learning process with track days and such I would really like to hear everyone else's take on this.

Thanks,
    Randy
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I think taping the mirrors is fine if removing them is a huge hassle. On my SV650, it takes me two minutes to take off the mirrors and put in some zip ties. For me the big problem with mirrors is I start to set up someone for, say, an outside pass and they look in the mirror and move outside to let me go inside. It is the overtaking riders responsibility to pass safely. As long as the overtakee stays smooth and on line, the overtaker should have no problem.

The worse bike parts I have seen skipping down the track during a crash was the carburator assembly. The worst I have had to avoid skipping down the track was the person who just fell off. Taping the mirrors has one more advantage - less broken glass to sweep up.
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

I will be picking up painters tape tomorrow after work and will bring it to IMI this weekend for others to use as well.....

No other track allows mirrors, why should we have mirrors at IMI? Just because they have minimal safety standards, that doesn't mean you can't go above and beyond the minimum.

I honestly don't think taping is even enough. TAKE THEM OFF!
    I have no signals in mine, but really ould rather not remove them unless needed. I think taping the glass to ease cleanup is enough, and all I would ask anyone to do, if that. What about all the other breakable bits too? Should we tape all our signals, head and brakelights, and bodywork, replace the coolant, and put the AMA-legal catch-pan w/diaper to prevent any soiling of the track? Doesn't that go against the "run what ya brung" theme of IMI? That's, honestly, one of the reasons I like doing that instead of a normal track, and why I'm hesitant to go to a big one. You show up, you ride, you go home. Little or no prep. My street bike IS my track bike. Hence, my attitude of not wanting to wad the f#cking thing!

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

I should have my bar end mirrors pretty soon hopefully and will replace my mirror/blinker with a greggs plate/blinker so the bar-ends will be no problem taking off at anytime.

Better yet, maybe later in the year will have a track bike and a truck/trailor to lug it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299
    I should have my bar end mirrors pretty soon hopefully and will replace my mirror/blinker with a greggs plate/blinker so the bar-ends will be no problem taking off at anytime.

Better yet, maybe later in the year will have a track bike and a truck/trailor to lug it around.
    I had bar-ends.....and after a while as the rubber deteriorated, they totally sucked and flopped all over the place. Plus, WAY easier to get hit by a car, and more dangerous lane-splitting like I did in CA. Wish it was legal here.....

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Tokin' SortaTalian

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

Thumbs up Re: 3/25 sunday IMI

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY
    lane-splitting like I did in CA. Wish it was legal here.....
    o ya! rush hour on a motorcycle? no such thing.

i'm just now cleaning the IMI mud off my bike..
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

Quote Originally Posted by Filo
    For me the big problem with mirrors is I start to set up someone for, say, an outside pass ..
    You've passed some one