Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Thread: Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Hey Bob,

Massivnie blagodarnost za zamachatalni raz!!!

That said again... perhaps you can clarify something for me. How was the placement in the parade procession of the CSC determined? First come first servered?

If so - might I recommend RSVP'ing immediately for next year? Being 2004 --- you will likley be looking at an even larger mass participating --- mostly political candidates.... State, county, local, even presidential candidate representatives will likely be there clogging up the procession. Hell - I theoretically would be one of them if it wasn't for the fact I'd be more inclined to ride.

I'm just saying - if there's a way to get into Row 1 instead of Row 3 - it might be prudent to see what can be done. Earlier visiblity means better visibility to the public (I heard someone tell me over 1/2 the crowd was gone by the time we were finally moving). AND we have the argument on our side that we sure as hell have a more attractive group of people among us than those Hog riders... we should be in front of them AT LEAST.

ALSO... I don't know if you'd be interested - but some other good PR for the club might be Western Welcome Week down in Littleton. It has turned into a fairly large attendance event annually. Just a thought.

Vance
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Vance
    How was the placement in the parade procession of the CSC determined? First come first servered?
    I'm not entirely sure. It may very well be. If that's the case, when I get the letter for next year's parade, I'll turn right around and mail it in along with the check.

I did speak to the parade comittee chairperson, and made mention of it being a rather early staging time last year (we were in the 1st division, and had an 8 am staging time, with earlier pre-staging meetings - ie: 6:30 at Starbucks - at 30 degrees F - which hurt our turnout). She may have taken that comment as meaning I wanted us to appear later in the parade - not sure - I'll check with her, though, and make sure it doesn't happen again. Since the parade started later this year, we could have afforded to be in an earlier division.

It definately sucked not being on TV (I taped the parade), and seeing the crowds that were there while the TV was covering it, it's obvious that more than 1/2 of them left by the time we got going.

Can you PM me with more info about the Western Welcome Week in Littleton? Thanks.

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Thanks again Bob for setting all of it up!

I'm also interested in watching the video when you guys pick a time/place.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

After the parade on a 999

Had a great time, but burnt to a crisp.

Sorry I didn't stick around after the parade. I went to Erico and road the 999. What a fantastic bike!!!!!! Anyone have a spare $18K???

When ARE we going to see all the pics that were taken from that day???

I'm excited to see what all came out... and maybe get some vid-clips posted too if time/space on the hosting server permits.

Vance
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

I'm excited to see what all came out... and maybe get some vid-clips posted too if time/space on the hosting server permits.

Vance
    I dunno about the pics, I didn't take any. As for the video, I am the hosting server so there will be space. I still cannot locate the power adapter for my camcorder, so I'll have to borrow Bob's to actually get the video onto my computer. I think we were gonna sit down beforehand tho and watch it. The past week has kinda put a damper on travel plans, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe

Vance
    I dunno about the pics, I didn't take any. As for the video, I am the hosting server so there will be space. I still cannot locate the power adapter for my camcorder, so I'll have to borrow Bob's to actually get the video onto my computer. I think we were gonna sit down beforehand tho and watch it. The past week has kinda put a damper on travel plans, ya know?
    I have a few photos from before the parade, but they're not uploaded to the website yet. I think MileHighGSXR took a bunch. I was going to wait for him to give me the CD with them. I guess with the storm last week, a lot of things got put on hold. I'll post here when the pictures are up on the website.

Ralph, lemme know when you want to get together and review the tape.

Yeah I guess that snow did sort of get in the way of a lot of stuff last week.

Well - I do look forward to seeing all the pics captured that day... and if the opportunity permits - to scope out the vid.

Vance

Hey I did get some shots off that are pretty cool, but I missed all the trick stuff cause I was draged away. I see what I can do about getting them to Bob.
    Foxfire :P

BUMP

Have any pics or vid been processed for posting yet?
    Not that I'm antsy or anything... but looking outside my window - there's only a 1ft x 1ft square patch of snow remaining from the blizzard down here... and that's only there because it's in perpetual shade.

Hell - if its a matter of getting actual photos scanned it - I'll volunteer to do it and burn it to a CD and get it to Spiderman or whoever can post them.

Vance

The main holdup was that I lost the power adapter to my camcorder. Bob and I watched the tape and I have his adapter now, so I'm in the process of editing the video down to something presentable and shorter.

Patience, young padewan.

When are we going to see these pics and video Ralphy boy???

Just thought I would ask too, cause I know your not work'n!!
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

I don't have the pics. Video forthcoming shortly.

And what'choo talkin bout willis? I KNOW you ain't workin!

I have the pics (at least the ones from my camera & Jim's). I was waiting for the video, and if anybody else had photos.

Foxfire, can you get them to me?

Vance/Dyscofool, do you have any more besides the ones you posted here?

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    I don't have the pics. Video forthcoming shortly.

And what'choo talkin bout willis? I KNOW you ain't workin!
    Shiznit, and you know dis!
    I am just a paper push'n monkey with motorcycle's on the brain! I should have ridd'n my scooter to work this morning!! I feel like I'm trapped in the office when it's beautiful outside... Oh, how I miss the good times of .COM life, just taking off in the middle of the day and doing a 360 burnout in the middle of the street with my MR2... Then getting into a renal car and burning the friggn tires off the damn thing... Anyway back to real life, sorry for the memories! (Ralph knows what I'm talk'n 'bout)
    Travis
    AKA T-BONE

"Ya, that was me passing you with a 600! Don't be embarrassed!!"

yeah I miss that rental car... *sigh* good times...

I posted what pics I had- Forgot my good flash card that day... DOH!
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Pic's are here (finally).

We're still waiting on the video... Ralph? :P

Speaking of pics....nice choice 8/25 for pic of the week!

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Biker
    Speaking of pics....nice choice 8/25 for pic of the week!
    A big "Thank You" to Vance for submitting it!

Click here to see the photo of the week.