Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

The Colorado Sportbike Club is officially registered for this years St. Patrick's Day parade.

We do have a limit to how many bikes we're allowed to have, but I'm hoping that this year (weather permitting), we'll max that number out. Last year we had a lot of interest, but only 8 bikes show up. That was probably due to the early meeting time that we'd scheduled. As it turns out, as long as you get to the staging area before the parade starts (around 9:30), you should be fine (you don't have to meet the nutcases at 8AM on a cold spring morning )

Full details can be found on the Calendar Page of the website: http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/calendar.html

Hope to see you there!

I'm in!

One thing - you mentioned trailering the bike as a possibility, however the parade requires insurance - I take this to mean race bikes are out of the question, or is there a special provision maybe for this? I know some of the vehicles they have in the parade are not exactly street-legal, so I thought I'd throw this out there for our track-only posse.

Me and gigglestick are in. let us know what we have to do........
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

ill be there unless its snowing but i dont think that will happen

I'll be there only if it snows....
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    ... the parade requires insurance - I take this to mean race bikes are out of the question, or is there a special provision maybe for this?
    It comes down to a liability issue for the parade committee. If you can prove that the bike is insured (race bike or not), then it can be ridden in the parade. Last year, Will was going to bring his race bike - he only has it insured against theft, but has an insurance card to show the judges.

I'm in... let em know if there is help needed with organizing.

Hey- I'll save the space for the "pretty" bikes but I'd love to help and organize or even be the photographer if your in need of one! I've got both a digtal and 35mm. Let me know.
    FF

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire
    Hey- I'll save the space for the "pretty" bikes but I'd love to help and organize or even be the photographer if your in need of one! I've got both a digtal and 35mm. Let me know.
    FF
    Bah, get in there and ride with us! Doesn't have to be pretty, though it'd be nice if we could get through this one without the bike carnage of last year (4 bikes lost, counting the one that didn't even make it there, primarily due to stunt damage) - it made harleys look good... for shame...

Well..... If there is space, I'd love to ride, but I'd be happy to be the photo-taker if nothing else. If I can get the yellow paint off the pipe and gas cap. (The previous owner had a thing for yellow paint and tape- I spent hours removing yellow duck tape!!!) So any ideas on removing unwanted paint let me know.
    FF

johns hopkins university slaving through my premed studies
    darn insurance! i plan to regester the bike in europe and insurance is not a must to register there, and i really find it quite pointless to require it here. i understand they, the parade folk, are just covering their own butts, though.
    "If you're not a Democrat by the time you're 20, you have no heart. If you're not a Republican by the time you're 30, you have no brain." Winston Churchill.

NESBA #113!
    Italian chick on a bike. always looking for riding partners! ( ride year-round) (sway-the chick from gone in 60 secounds-the nickname just stuck)

I sounds like fun! I'll have to decide weather sitting in traffic is worth the cool part of being in a parade!

-al
    CSBA #410 CO chapter officer
    RC51 (the faster scratched up one)
    hozerking.blogspot.com

Without pain, without sacrifice, we would have nothing.
    -Tyler Durden (Fight Club)

Quote Originally Posted by sway
    darn insurance! i plan to regester the bike in europe and insurance is not a must to register there, and i really find it quite pointless to require it here. i understand they, the parade folk, are just covering their own butts, though.

If you are moving to Las Vegas, as you stated in another post, why would you register your bike in Europe?

Also, you wouldn't think of it as pointless to require liability insurance if you have ever been hit by an uninsured motorist. It's there to protect you from others and vice versa.
    Motorcycle Roadracing Association #29
    President

MSF
    Rider Coach

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Bob, I'm interested in joining the parade.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I'm in!
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Put me in Bob, PLEEEEZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZE..........

Chris

Count me in....

Board Newbie
    Count me in

(if the weather permits, of course)

I don't feel like i could accurately represent myself if it's too cold
    "Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Can I just walk along with you guys?
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Better yet, roll and slid Barn? Just messin..

Quote Originally Posted by -Barn-
    Can I just walk along with you guys?
    I don't know - I don't want you going faster than us!

But if you're serious, there's no reason why not. Heck, you could even put on some rollerblades & skitch if you wanted.

Count me and the R1 in.

If anyone is "bikeless," I should have the old Viffer (Custom 87 VFR700 Interceptor) completed by then.

As long as there's no wheelies, stoppies, or stunts performed by the rider, I'd consider a lend for the parade. I've spent too much (believe me way too much) time on getting this dinosaur back together to have it munched.

Burnouts are fine...It's getting new tires this summer anyway!

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketmanVFR
    Count me and the R1 in.

If anyone is "bikeless," I should have the old Viffer (Custom 87 VFR700 Interceptor) completed by then.

As long as there's no wheelies, stoppies, or stunts performed by the rider, I'd consider a lend for the parade. I've spent too much (believe me way too much) time on getting this dinosaur back together to have it munched.

Burnouts are fine...It's getting new tires this summer anyway!

I'd totally twist the Viffer, Mr. Rocketman!! And if behaving is the only catch, consider me an AlterBoy for the day! =)
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

Barn,

We've never formally met, but from what I hear, I should be afraid...VERY afraid

Yea, my friend, no stoppies...IV'E SEEN THE FILM

No problem... It needs some TLC between now and then to include a paint job. It just got a new composite body, tank, and a custom solo one piece tail section and exhaust.

You'll probably get the same questions I did when I first got it like, "WTF is that thing?", and "They made sportbikes back then?"

Paint, tune, lube, turn signals, and a thorough wash and she'll be roadworthy...at least enough to parade-ride without grenading

Hit me back on E-mail when you gat a chance. BTW, what city do you reside in?

See ya,

-Mark