Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

If you're interested, and if you haven't already done so
    Please send me your email address so I can build a mailing list & forward details as they become available.

So far we have about 20 people that have expressed an interest.

Send your name & email address to CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com with a subject of "Parade" (or something like that).

Thanks

You got mine spidy right?
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Quote Originally Posted by ckl5899
    You got mine spidy right?
    Yeah, I got yours Chad.

Hey Spidey,

So what is the gig for this year? Do we ride in formation? Triple file, quad file? Do we carry banners between the bikes and hope we dont ditch on local TV?? I have never participated, but would like to know a little about the past events.
    I wonder if my boss <John Elway>, would mind if we used the Crush's Cheerleader squad.... they could parade down the streets with us and we could give them umbrella's for when we are stopped!!

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Well, last year Spidey carried the banner on his bike (he has it rigged up with these poles that go between his legs or something... ) but if he's wheelieing down the street this year that could get messy. Not sure how to handle that.

As for formation, I think we tried that last year. It worked very briefly but everyone was goofing around so it seemed safer to spread out. However we tightened up once the TV cameras came into view.

Cheerleaders, huh...

I think we were 3-up at the beginning, but spread out when we got to the cameras, more like 4 or 5 up.

I'm actually looking for a volunteer to carry the banner. The rig I've got to hold it rests between the mirrors and fairing, and is held in place by some cord. The tubes are PVC and aren't very heavy. Of course, whoever carries this must be at the front of the procession. Here's a picture to give you an idea (click on the thumbnail to enlarge):

Chris, if you're serious about the Crush's Chearleaders, then they could carry the banner, right?

I don't know if there will be any wheelieing (I suppose only if it's safe to do so - last year there weren't many places where we could have, except maybe on the final stretch before the cameras - but we would have had to pass the groups in front on either side in order to do so). I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Lets not get the hopes up, but I will see what I can do....I have to find a connection between us and the Crush....

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

So, uh ... where and when are we meeting up for this? I assume the staging point will be at or near the same place as last year (when you know for sure, put a map up on how to get there from all sides of town since a couple people had issues with inner-city navigation last time), but are we meeting up at a starbucks or something beforehand?

Might I suggest we NOT meet up at the one on 6th/lincoln, while convenient I guess there is another one across the street and basically out of view where people may mistakenly show up. We could even meet up at The Market (15th/Larimer St - right by the Auraria Campus), it's bike friendly there and the coffee is better.

Actually, it's a completely different route from last year - starting from Coors Field. The staging area is in the Coors Field parking lot - that's where we'll ultimately be meeting. There currently aren't any plans to meet up beforehand and ride to the staging area together. Feel free to plan this.

I'll be emailing the details about the staging area shortly (I'm not sure if I've received all of them yet, I'll have to double check).

Ok, then the Market's definitely a good place to meet, since it's a scant few blocks down from CF. (Ok maybe a little more, but it's still real close)

I'd say anyone who wants to meet before going to the staging area, meet there a half hour beforehand to get down with the latte. Get your coffee on. Drink the shizzle, my nizzle. Err, sumthin...

I'll wait for more info from you on when we're actually staging up for this thing.

Oh, I got $5 on the first person who can blow their tire up from burnouts mid-parade...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Oh, I got $5 on the first person who can blow their tire up from burnouts mid-parade...
    Oh? And who might that be? Or are you offering $5 to the first person to do it?!?

Ralph, I got an idea - if the reporter jumps on the back of your bike again, and you REALLY want to do a burnout with her on it, we'll just get someone else to go head-to-head with you so you can do head-to-head burnouts - there'd be less chance of the reporter getting whiplash again!

So where might the meeting place be this year? Downtown? Outskirts? Im comming from Aurora at tower and Hampdon, anyone wana meet somewhere around there?
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Oh? And who might that be? Or are you offering $5 to the first person to do it?!?
    Yep! $5 to the first person to pop their tire in the parade from a burnout. $5 and a beverage to anyone who does it while they're on TV...

Ralph, I got an idea - if the reporter jumps on the back of your bike again, and you REALLY want to do a burnout with her on it, we'll just get someone else to go head-to-head with you so you can do head-to-head burnouts - there'd be less chance of the reporter getting whiplash again!
    SWEET!!! bwahahahaha

Where's that cheerleader team when you need 'em...

Quote Originally Posted by ckl5899
    So where might the meeting place be this year? Downtown? Outskirts? Im comming from Aurora at tower and Hampdon, anyone wana meet somewhere around there?
    I think everyone can navigate to someplace more central prolly, but if you want to meet some people out in BFE go for it.

The Market is downtown at 15th/Larimer. I.e. right by Pepsi Center. I assume you know where Coors Field is by now...

I'm one of the BFE'ers. I'm in Parker and wouldn't mind riding in w/ anyone in the area. Travelling North on Parker Road, I'd hit Aurora, eventually.

If anyones interested in meeting up & then riding to 15/Market. Let me know. I'm always up for caffeine.

...$5.00 and a beer? for a new $160.00 tire?
    Mark
    '99 YZFR-1
    '87 VFR700F2

"I just want to go and be obscene in private with my friends." - Richard Neville (Australian journalist)

"I'm the boss...need the info..." -Dr. Evil

Quote Originally Posted by DrEvilR1
    ...$5.00 and a beer? for a new $160.00 tire?
    I didn't say it was a fair trade ... but after cracked clutch plates, blown starters, dead batteries, and siezed brakes, not to mention the wanton disrespect of many rear tires at last year's parade, I just figured I'd toss out a friendly wager since someone's gonna break something anyway. The temptation to stunt to thousands of people and a TV crew can be overwhelming... At least this way you get $5 and beer more than you would have anyway.

If anyone in the South wants to meet up at the Starbucks and then proceed downtown let me know. If a group is formed from this we will come up with a time and maybe breakfast before hand.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

Hey Spidey,

Do we have a good head count yet? Again, for the "Wheelie Poppers", I will play the caboose and bring up the rear, <shovel, bucket and all for sweeping up parts>. Aint no way I am going to get stupid on local TV....

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    So I guess no one cares if we do wheelies/stoppies/burnout's? I'd love to do some stuff for the cameras, as long as I don't find myself getting a ticket for it!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

There are 22 people "confirmed" (which means we still have room for a few more ).
    I just got the details about the parade - due to the new location and times, we have a later assembly time than last year
    We are in the Third Division, and our Assembly time at the staging area is 10:00 AM
    There are more specific details that I will be emailing to everyone that's expressed an interest.

If you've been thinking about attending but haven't committed yet (because you thought it might be too early or too cold), this later staging time is great news. Of course, if it turns out to be icy or snowing (really bad) the morning of the parade, we might only have Dyscofool to represent us!

If you're interested and haven't already done so, please email me at CoSportbikeClub@hotmail.com with a subject of "Parade". This will allow me to email you our division number and more details. Here are the people who have expressed an interest, but have yet to email me:
    - Gigglestick
    - Foxfire
    - Hozerking
    - Feeder

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    So I guess no one cares if we do wheelies/stoppies/burnout's? I'd love to do some stuff for the cameras, as long as I don't find myself getting a ticket for it!
    Nah, the cops don't mind and the crowd loves it. Just be careful!

However ... once you leave the end of the parade, you're on street laws again - I ended last year and was turning down 11th doing something I prolly should not have and a DPD officer didn't give me a friendly look about it...

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Oh yeah baby, nuttin' like free stunt time on public roads in front of crowds. Spidey, Hanna- you guys ready for the "wheelie boot-camp" yet? It's always cooler when there's more than one stunter going off...
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    Oh yeah baby, nuttin' like free stunt time on public roads in front of crowds. Spidey, Hanna- you guys ready for the "wheelie boot-camp" yet? It's always cooler when there's more than one stunter going off...
    Soooo ready - but I'll be in Telluride Thu-Sun, so no time to practice...I guess I'll just ride with the banner, smile sweetly and just do a burnout or two....

But next year.....
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

sooooo...how many people you got signed up for this gig? Weather permitting (meaning not snowing) I'm down. Is it the 15th?