Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

Here is the list of participants as it currently stands. If your name is on this list and you can't make it, please let me know ASAP, ''cuz we still have a few people on a waiting list. Thanks.

1. Spiderman
    2. rforsythe
    3. gixxerjarhead
    4. Dyscofool
    5. MileHighGSXR
    6. hoopty
    7. surfinspacegirl
    8. Chris Coston
    9. Barn
    10. DrEvilR1
    11. Marcus Doyle
    12. David Campbell
    13. Larry Cadwell
    14. Floyd Wilcox
    15. S56GSXR1000
    16. *B*
    17. Paul Bruns
    18. Brandon Harper
    19. IQ
    20. Monica
    21. Andrew
    22. Joe
    23. Jason Menzor
    24. Wil929
    25. Paul Anderson
    26. Ken Perron
    27. Cheyni Webster
    28. Tim Takala
    29. Barbara
    30. Jim Vance

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    WOOOOOOOO
    FREAKING
    HOOOOOOOOO

I will be polished and ready to ride... slowly... in procession.

Vance
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Hey spidey, tell Will to charge up his battery this time...

Should I pack jumper cables just in case? :P

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Hey spidey, tell Will to charge up his battery this time...

Should I pack jumper cables just in case? :P
    The Will on the list is a different Will from last year (he had a 900RR).

To everybody that's participating...

BRING WATER!!!!!!

It is going to be a long slow procession, and you will eventually get thirsty. Bring water, Gatorade or whatever you like to re-hydrate yourself with.

Hey, is anyone driving a truck down to the staging area (with bike on back, obviously)? It'd be good if we could leave jackets etc. in it while we're parading.....

apologies if I'm repeating, but I didn't see an answer to this earlier..
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    Hey, isn't your house close to downtown?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by surfinspacegirl
    Hey, is anyone driving a truck down to the staging area (with bike on back, obviously)? It'd be good if we could leave jackets etc. in it while we're parading.....
    I'm planning on trucking my bike to the parade, and was thinking the same thing. If I do in fact bring my truck, people are more than welcome to throw their stuff in it for safekeeping.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I'm planning on trucking my bike to the parade, and was thinking the same thing. If I do in fact bring my truck, people are more than welcome to throw their stuff in it for safekeeping.
    So is that a confirmation on the gear storage, red leader?

And when did you get a truck? Last time I checked, a couple months ago you were looking for one to haul the spidermobile to the shop in...

Hey, let's do a prestage ride tomorrow night!!! We'll get everyone who is participating together around 8ish, and run the route say at about 50mph! Then we can determine who places where....

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coston
    Hey, let's do a prestage ride tomorrow night!!! We'll get everyone who is participating together around 8ish, and run the route say at about 50mph! Then we can determine who places where....

Chris
    Parade Qualifying Laps? hahahaha sweet!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopty
    Hey, isn't your house close to downtown?
    Nah, I'm not biting :P
    "Life is not a journey unto the grave with the intention of arriving safely in one pretty and well preserved piece, but rather
    to skid across the line broadside, thoroughly used up, worn out and leaking oil, shouting GERONIMO!"

-
    SV650S/SV650 Superbike/R6/1150GS/Tuono R

And when did you get a truck? Last time I checked, a couple months ago you were looking for one to haul the spidermobile to the shop in...
    I got me a pickemup truck on February 1st. I found a good deal on a '97 Dodge Dakota. 85K miles, V6, 4x4, auto, air, pretty much fully loaded, w/bed liner & topper for $8000.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I got me a pickemup truck on February 1st. I found a good deal on a '97 Dodge Dakota. 85K miles, V6, 4x4, auto, air, pretty much fully loaded, w/bed liner & topper for $8000.
    Ohhhh that's right. The one I didn't see at the ladies gear night.

Dumb question perhaps, but do you guys normally wear much gear during the parade? I guess I've seen too many nasty pictures on other message boards of mangled limbs, etc, from even low speed crashes, so I always wear gear unless I'm just riding around the parking lot or something. I figured I'd be sporting my normal minimum.. light riding jacket, gloves, and lid.

I also have a hydrated backpack which I was thinking of taking... and a boombox to throw on my shoulders to blast some Fat Boys. Okay.. so I'm kidding about the boombox..

- Brandon
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

Well, first things first...

Brandon, this is one of the *only* times you will ever see me say this, because I am a gear whore. However I'm not planning anything exotic except gloves and sunglasses, and a funky hat. I would be surprised if you left first gear more than once during this whole deal. If your bike is torquey like mine you might shift into 2nd just to give the throttle control a break, but it's your call. Last year if I recall correctly we had one or two people with lids on, but they removed them less than halfway through.

I guess you can always hang it off the bike if you need to, if you move *real* quick at one of the spots where the parade will likely stop for a sec.

Now, onto other issues... Perhaps I won't be bringing my digital camcorder to this thing after all! For the life of me I cannot find the charging cord for this thing and the battery doesn't have enough charge to last 15 min right now. It's a little disconcerting since I always keep my video/camera gear in one place, and I have literally ripped my house/garage/basement apart looking for it. Plus I remember seeing it a month ago... Now I have a huge mess and nothing to show for it.

So either someone else needs to bring one, or I need to borrow a charging adapter that will fit a Sony digital camcorder (mine is model TRV-103) Friday afternoon sometime. Or if someone has one (or two) of those infolithium batteries ('bout 1"x3") they can bring saturday all charged up, that'll work too.

Sweet.....suntan lotion, shirts, hats.........anyone want to BBQ after the parade let me know. With my bike, my seat will be cooking anything and everything.....arse included.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

OOOOOOOKAY, after reading the Post's article on the parade I think it is safe to assume that they are going to put us between the "Klingon Club" and Jimmy Buffet's "Parrot Head Association". Not even a mention of us...

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

You mean I could have marched with the Parrotheads??? sonofa...

BTW- I'll be going with "normals" downtown. They will be holding my stuff See youse guys at the start. Any word yet on steel plates along the route? Those Klingons better have eye protection.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    Dumb question perhaps, but do you guys normally wear much gear during the parade?
    Brandon, actually, that's a really good question - I'm sure a lot of people are asking the same thing. Like Ralph said, it's pretty slow going (stop and go), so it's not such a big deal - I didn't wear my helmet last year (and I'm probably a bigger gear whore than Ralph is). I did wear my jacket (without the liner) & gloves, but they got to be too warm after a while and eventually come off (this year I'm bringing my summer gloves). As far as helmets are concerned, I just checked the TV Coverage video we got from last year's parade, and of the 7 bikes, there were only 3 helmets worn, and 2 were by passengers.

Or if someone has one (or two) of those infolithium batteries ('bout 1"x3") they can bring saturday all charged up, that'll work too.
    Ralph, I have an older ('98 ) Sony camcorder with 2 infolithium batteries (2 hour & 4 hour). I'll get you the model #'s later today to see if they'll work.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Klingons??

Hang on - should I come with my Bat'leth strapped to my back?

I'll kick some geek butt if they mess with us or even oogle our rides the wrong way! I took second place at the MileHiCon bat'leth compeition in October! I can hold my own!
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Quote Originally Posted by Vance
    Klingons??

Hang on - should I come with my Bat'leth strapped to my back?

I'll kick some geek butt if they mess with us or even oogle our rides the wrong way! I took second place at the MileHiCon bat'leth compeition in October! I can hold my own!
    We now return to our regularly scheduled non-geek thread...

I am sooo fuggin pissed i can not go AGAIN!!!! Everyone bitches about war but they all love there freedom!!!!! Fuggin tree huggers
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

I'll be driving down as Barnaby will be riding my bike. So anyone is welcome to store stuff in my vehicle.