Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Denver's 41st Annual St. Patrick's Day Parade - PICS ARE IN!

JMetz...I'll take either you or Spidey up on it.

I was gonna travel light (no tank bag), but now I can bring my water, etc.

Thanks!!! It's very much appreciated.

BTW, is it gonna be a friigin nightmare to get to the staging area? How much time shoudl we alot ourselves to get there and be ready?

Thanks!
    Mark
    '99 YZFR-1
    '87 VFR700F2

"I just want to go and be obscene in private with my friends." - Richard Neville (Australian journalist)

"I'm the boss...need the info..." -Dr. Evil

Hey Barbara- the pic of my passenger ummm, didn't show up on the camera. Keep tryin' A friend took some pics of us so I'll post one on here soon for Jmetz. Email me for larger versions- like if you want a pic of that Tbird in the background there...
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    Where's the traffic? The reports? Highs, the lows, the reports of scortched inner thighs???

Well as for myself - sunburn, dehydration, deep fried reproductive organs, and gut wrenching hunger aside - I had a freaking blast!

It was nice to have met all of you who made it out and be permitted to ride with you.

I'm excited to see all the pics that came from the event. I have a few myself thanks to the surprise presence at the parade... and since it was probably my favorite moment (just barely ahead of another I won't mention here) of the entire event - I'll post one for fun:

That - for reference - would be my 3 year old daughter Angelica who ran out to see me as we rounded the turn by Union Station.

Thanks again all. I look forward to riding with you as much as possilbe in the near future.

Vance
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

It was good to finally meet you too Vance, more riding is mandatory this year. For the most part everyone seemed to have a good time once we got rolling.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    So where's the rest of the pictures?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

OK, so WB2 decided to stop broadcasting before we got on the air...big deal!

I had a great time meeting a bunch of "new to me" people. I'm looking forward to this season when we can ride faster than 7mph!
    Mark
    '99 YZFR-1
    '87 VFR700F2

"I just want to go and be obscene in private with my friends." - Richard Neville (Australian journalist)

Nice job all. I didnt get to participate but many people were very impressed. I understand there was a few rollin stoppies that made for some ooooooo's and ahhhhhhh's. Im sad I couldnt go.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Somewhere in the south suburbia of sprawl.
    DrEvil - you made it to 7? Dammit. I suddenly feel cheated.
    ...Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Current Ride: 2005 Ducati ST3

Loopty
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueDevil
    I understand there was a few rollin stoppies that made for some ooooooo's and ahhhhhhh's.
    Damn, where was I when all of this was taking place? By about halfway thru the parade the SV was stalling everytime I got the rear off the ground, but it was all much fun. I got a kick out of pulling wheelies thru intersections with all kinds of cops watching.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

DAMN!!! I cant tell U how bad I would love to have rode a nice wheelie in front of some Popo's. I learned to get the R1 up at approx 10 mph (Throttle only). Just right for a parade situation.
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Loopty
    Unfortunately room was VERY limited so we were forced to do real short wheelies/stoppies. We were riding 3-deep and the road wasn't blocked off well, so there were always people standing right there... We just had to stop and let some room accumulate in front of us so we could do a quick wheelie/stoppie combo. It was a nice feeling though busting out in front of the cops though.
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

It was great to finally meet a lot of you I had not seen before! The stuntfest was cool too.

Next year we gotta ride two deep so there is more room to mess around... plus we can take up even more room that way.

A big thanks to all of you! My kids had a blast thanks to Mike and Barbara!
    It was good to meet you all (the ones I hadn't yet) and was a great time. Looking forward to more riding and hanging out in the near future.

Thanks again all for making my kids feel like part of the crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz
    It was good to meet you all (the ones I hadn't yet) and was a great time. Looking forward to more riding and hanging out in the near future.

So how did your bike get home anyway? you can't tell me you let barn twist the gixx after a pitcher of irish black tea...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    Quote Originally Posted by Jmetz

So how did your bike get home anyway? you can't tell me you let barn twist the gixx after a pitcher of irish black tea...
    Barn didn't drink the whole pitcher himself, but he did pay for it

BTW Ralph, your burger arrived about 30 seconds after you left - it was delicious!

Loopty

Next year we gotta ride two deep so there is more room to mess around... plus we can take up even more room that way.
    I'm all for that! Spidey, did your lady-friend get some good footage?
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    BTW Ralph, your burger arrived about 30 seconds after you left - it was delicious!
    Yeah I got your message... Still tho, 45 minutes for an f'in burger is ridiculous. Would have probably taken her another 15 to put it in a box!

I may need your power cord (we won't know how the vid turned out unless I can find mine or borrow that one), I'll let you know. gonna do some more digging around and see if I can make it appear.

I may need your power cord (we won't know how the vid turned out unless I can find mine or borrow that one), I'll let you know. gonna do some more digging around and see if I can make it appear.
    No prob - lemme know. Maybe we could get a few people together and watch it at someone's house. I know both Tania & I would like to see it.

Keep us informed. I, for one, would love to see it! We have some room at my house. Not a BIG screen, but a 36"...
    Mark
    '99 YZFR-1
    '87 VFR700F2

It was good to put some faces to the people on this board. Other than the long wait, it was a blast. I wanted to stick around to grab some grub, but couldn't wait any longer and decided to go pick some up on my own. I didn't eat breakfast so I was starving.

For those of you that dropped out during the parade and didn't show back up, I hope everything turned out okay! I never was quite sure.. the girl on the SV dumped her bike? (sorry.. I didn't meet you so I don't know your name.)

Anyhow, if anyone has a bunch of photos from the event and doesn't have a place to put them, let me know, and can put them on my photo gallery for you to share.

Apparently the only people that remembered to actually decorate/dress for St. Patricks Day were the women in the group. Good thinking!
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

Yeah I got your message... Still tho, 45 minutes for an f'in burger is ridiculous. Would have probably taken her another 15 to put it in a box!

If you don't have any luck in finding it, depending on what type of plug it has into the camcorder, you can probably pick-up a universal one at Radio Shack for $10-15 in which the voltage and plugs are interchangeable which is something nice to have around.
    2002 Honda CBR600F4i
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T
    1976 Datsun 280Z
    http://devnulled.com
    http://spooled.net

Quote Originally Posted by brandon
    If you don't have any luck in finding it, depending on what type of plug it has into the camcorder, you can probably pick-up a universal one at Radio Shack for $10-15 in which the voltage and plugs are interchangeable which is something nice to have around.
    Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately Sony has done a nice job of making a very non-universal (i.e. expensive) connector. go sony.

I know that cord is around here somewhere, I just haven't destroyed my place enough to locate it yet apparently.

Bob, let's get together. We can pick out some of the choicier moments in the video (and whoever else wants to watch it), then I'll borrow your cable for a little while and edit it into something consumable for the site.

Thanks To Bob!!!

I wanted to thank Bob for organizing the entire Parade, as well all the other crap he does for the club. Getting all these bikes in one place must be like herding cats. You rock Bob!

p.s. DyscoFool, wow, even I am contemplating not riding to work today. What am I saying? Of course I am going to go sliding, uh I mean riding, my male pride won't have it any other way! Good luck!! Keep the studded sides down!!

Good luck to you, too, Joe. Us Tough Guys gotta carry the torch for all things manly... and stupid
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.