Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Return to Miller Motorsports Park

Return to Miller Motorsports Park

NESBA is once again teaming up with Apex track days to offer a weekend of riding in Tooele, UT, at www.MillerMotorsportsPark.com.

A handful of guys from this forum went last year, and they'll tell you, and everybody knows, that the track is world class.

The dates this year for NESBA are Aug 19 and 20, which is a Sunday and Monday. Apex is teaming up with NESBA on Sunday, and Apex is also holding their own track day on Saturday the 18th on the East track if you're interested in only weekend days. Sunday and Monday will be the Outer track, as the AMA runs.

I'm posting this WELL in advance, because the more people we can get, the better the group discount we can get (starting with 10 people). The basic price (before discount) is $205 for Sunday the 19th, and $180 for the second day (with purchase of first day). Details can be found at http://www.nesba.com/info/trackevents.aspx

For track junkies, this is a great way to get some time on a world class track. Racers can hang in the Advanced group for full race pace, and weekend crazy types like myself hang out in the Intermediate group.

For people new to track riding, a group like NESBA is great, because the control riders are racers themselves, and they come out not only to have a good time, but to help others learn how to be fast and safe on the track. These skills transfer over also to street riding. If you have a question, ask your control rider. They'll follow you along and give tips and pointers and advice, not only on riding style and technique, but bike setup and mechanical issues as well. They do this not just for the Beginner group, but for all 3 riding levels.

Anyway, I'll keep a growing list of people who are committed to go, and if you're a 'maybe', then just reply to the thread, and we'll keep in touch as the months expire.

1. Sank
    2. konichd
    3. *KEN*
    4. Shortcake
    5. RYBO
    6. PK-R1
    Last edited by sank; Mon Jul 30th, 2007 at 08:13 PM. Reason: update list of people

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Re: Return to Miller Motorsports Park

This event was AWESOME last year! One-on-One instruction and a world-class facility.

*KEN* we going to this again or what? Terra?

Our memberships are still good right Sank?
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I'm hoping that if we purchase the track day before the 1 year membership expires, we're good. It does happen to be the case that the track day itself is after the membership expires...but we'll see what the website will enforce when the time comes.

I'll also be looking to get the membership fee waived again like last year (in the form of a track day credit = membership fee), but it's too far out yet to know those details.

Glad to see you enjoyed it last year!

I don't care, I'm in for this for sure. This was the best track experience ever! I looked on thier website earlier this year with KEN and we didn't see Miller listed, did this just get setup?

Let me know if our membership is good or if we have to renew. As long as they come to Miller year after year I'm going.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Oops, typo by me. I had said "Full track, as AMA runs" when in fact it's the outer course. I updated the top post to clarify. Thanks RYBO for pointing this out.

Have you heard if they'll waive our membership renewal Sank?

No news at this time. I'll post when I hear anything, but it may be a month or two before they figure it out.

Board Newbie

Keep me updated! that sounds Like a great plan!!!! On the apriliaforum as mudman as well.

Damn wish I could go!! I'm leaving town at the end of may and won't be back for a few years
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    Damn wish I could go!! I'm leaving town at the end of may and won't be back for a few years
    Come to Racing 2 Save Lives...First weekend in may, same track and it's a tax write off!

racing2savelives.org

(sorry sank)

Grrr

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik
    For a few years ??? Where ya going and what cha doing there ?

Cool Re: Return to Miller Motorsports Park

Ok, I finally heard back about our Colorado deal this year:

As a matter of history, NESBA has a strict policy of only allowing NESBA members to ride at NESBA events. It was a decision at the inception of the club to be strict about this. But, in an effort to get more people to Miller, if your name is on my list, you get a $75 discount off the weekend price (which, in effect, waives the $75 membership fee).

The weekend rate at Miller is $205 for Sunday + $180 for Monday
    http://www.nesba.com/info/trackevents.aspx

And yes, we will need to rewew our memberships for this event; I just tried to sign up using my existing membership from last year, and received this error message:
    Membership Required - Your membership expires before this event occurs.
    You will need to renew your membership to sign up for this event.
    If you renew your membership on http://www.nesba.com now, it won't take effect until the day that your old membership expires...and there's always a chance that next year the event will happen early enough that we won't have to renew again...heh heh...

The instructions are to renew your membership and purchase Sunday online nowish (that's $205 + $75), and when we get to the Tooele, purchase Monday at the heavily discounted rate of $105.

You guys know how sweet of a track Miller is (especially if you just got back from Racing2SaveLives!), so let's get planning! Who has a bike trailer with extra room?

I'm hoping we can get 20 people on the list this year! I'm going to try to also throw in a T-shirt or something if we get 20 people, but no promises there. I would bet that if we show enough interest in NESBA from Colorado, they'll bring track days to the new tracks that are being talked about East of Denver.
    Last edited by sank; Tue May 22nd, 2007 at 10:48 AM.

Site Admin

Sank,

Do you know if NESBA is combining with APEX again this year for this event?

S

I haven't heard anything about APEX, but that doesn't mean they are or they aren't. So, I dunno.

Count DK and *KEN* as "in" for this event! "Ebony" and I are going to put a hurtin' on that track!

Not just Miller...

Another NESBA track that is "nearby" is Heartland Park, KS. Here are some good words from a friend:

Another track we ride that you might consider is Heartland Park in Topeka, KS. This is truly a world class facility - great surface, great layout, cool elevation change. It is only about 8 hours east of Denver on I-70 - an easy drive for sure.

HPT is home of Sports Car Club of America. The track is owned by the City of Topeka. It has always been an impressive facility. The drag strip draws from all over the country. The road course was kind of neglected and fell into disrepair. Two years ago Ray Irwin took the track over. Ray, the city & the state pumped a ton of money into the facility.

It really shows. The road course was repaved, they built new garages, a new tech shed & a club house just for the road course. I feel like the facility equals some of the great tracks in the central part of the country - as good as Barber without the landscaping, as good as Miller without the mountains, as good as Road America without the length.

We hope to make HPT the NESBA mid-central region "home track". Check out their website.
    It's one of the benefits of being a NESBA member! The weekends for Heartland are June 9/10 and July 28/29, which are both Sat/Sun events.

Pretty sweet...

Oh yeah, read the first post. :- )
    They have Saturday, we have Monday, and we share Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Sank,

Do you know if NESBA is combining with APEX again this year for this event?

S

Site Admin

oops, missed that......Thank you!

so do we get a bigger discount for more people or does the price stay the same? Just wondering
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

They're telling me that the price stays the same. The only thing I can try to do for more people at the moment is throw in a NESBA T-shirt or $5 or something pretty insignificant.

Go Alan and become "one of us."

Re: Not just Miller...

Have you heard why they don't run at Hastings, Nebraska?

It's only 6ish hours away.

Quote Originally Posted by sank View Post
    Another NESBA track that is "nearby" is Heartland Park, KS. Here are some good words from a friend:

It's one of the benefits of being a NESBA member! The weekends for Heartland are June 9/10 and July 28/29, which are both Sat/Sun events.

Pretty sweet...
    2003 GSX-R750 Angry Marmot Motorsports #256
    Voted "Best Smelling Exhaust" May 2006

Throw me down as a definite maybe!!!