Thread: Ride pace and safety...

Ride pace and safety...

After almost getting taken out (crashed into) by someone early on one of the first rides of the season i would like to say somthing.

Ride at what ever speed you want but don't fucking push it. I don't want to be taken out in a crash and I really want everyone to be safe and have fun this summer. Pass safe with cars and bikes.

Chris -

Re: Ride pace and safty.

What is safty? Is it like Safety?
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Re: Ride pace and safety...

Too fast for me...

(and i did the edit before i saw your post)

Its cool i had your point i was just being a prick as usual....LOL
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

You mean the canyons aren't a race track? j/k
    Be Safe out there!
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

This comes up quit a bit every year, and I think the constant reminder is ride whatever pace you feel most comfortable with. A couple weeks ago I was on a very "spirited" ride and they wanted to go much faster then I did. I just nestled in at the back of the pack and caught up with them a minute after they arrived at the next stop.

Don't worry about what everyone thinks about your speed. I don't think anyone on this board has ever thought "God that guy is slow, he's got no business on this ride." But I have HEARD people say, "That guy rides out of control and I don't ever want to ride with him again."

You'll look like more of an asshole if you are riding like a jackass trying to keep up with everyone than you will if they've got to wait for you for one minute at the next turn off.

I can't speak for everyone else, but you'll really piss me off if I've got to cut short my ride because you stuffed yourself trying to keep up and now we've all got to play EMT, or witness.

Ride your own ride, wether it's 50mph or 100 mph, just have some fun and wear your gear and don't be "that guy".
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh
    This comes up quit a bit every year, and I think the constant reminder is ride whatever pace you feel most comfortable with. A couple weeks ago I was on a very "spirited" ride and they wanted to go much faster then I did. I just nestled in at the back of the pack and caught up with them a minute after they arrived at the next stop.

Don't worry about what everyone thinks about your speed. I don't think anyone on this board has ever thought "God that guy is slow, he's got no business on this ride." But I have HEARD people say, "That guy rides out of control and I don't ever want to ride with him again."

You'll look like more of an asshole if you are riding like a jackass trying to keep up with everyone than you will if they've got to wait for you for one minute at the next turn off.

I can't speak for everyone else, but you'll really piss me off if I've got to cut short my ride because you stuffed yourself trying to keep up and now we've all got to play EMT, or witness.

Ride your own ride, wether it's 50mph or 100 mph, just have some fun and wear your gear and don't be "that guy".
    Well said.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

oh chris don't be a baby. dodging bikes makes it more fun!