Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: my experience at fay myers

AKA "Devaclis"

Re: my experience at fay myers

Yeah, we were in there on Saturday and I talked to one of the parts guys. The had no womens leather pants but could order them. My problem is we do not know what size or style we want. so, if we order a pair, they do not fit or just do not feel right, we need to order a different size/style. This could take months before finding the right ones.

I would rather be able to walk into a well stocked shop, have her try on a pair and buy them.

BTW: The parts guy (Can't remember name) said they would most likely never get any kind of real selection of womens gear outside textile stuff. Parts manager concurred.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

That's funny. Every time I've gone into Fay Myers, The atmosphere seems like it changes once you enter the store. I have had sales people come up to me and ask me if I need help, and sometimes I go in and I get zero help. I have had very little help in the parts department as well. Weird.
    So many mods, So little money.

Board Newbie

Okay so first off I really dont like Fay at ALL!! They treat girls like they are stupid and in reality they have no idea what they are sayin. So i went to Fay today to pick up a bike that my friend just bought because I have a license and he doesnt, anyways...once I got out of the car the sales guy tells me that I couldnt ride in the rain (fyi..i ride in the rain, quite often infact, we do live in COLORADO!!) and that I would "be really pist at myself if i dumped it"!! Besides that i ask him what all I have to do to break it in correctly b/c my bike wasnt new when I got it and he tells me the tires are slick cause suzuki has slick tires factory..OMG like really NO way?!! ...so im already in a bad mood. He takes my license to get a copy and he comes back and says his manager wont let me ride the bike off the lot or take it at all.....all in all FAY SUCKS!! i wouldnt ever buy anything from there or tell anyone else to go there for anything!!

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianaNV View Post
    They treat girls like they are stupid and in reality they have no idea what they are sayin.
    And yet they sponsor women (not girls) that road race......
    It is what it is

Quote Originally Posted by SicilianaNV View Post
    ...once I got out of the car the sales guy tells me that I couldnt ride in the rain (fyi..i ride in the rain, quite often infact, we do live in COLORADO!!) and that I would "be really pist at myself if i dumped it"!! Besides

he tells me the tires are slick cause suzuki has slick tires factory..

his manager wont let me ride the bike off the lot or take it at all.....
    Not saying you would have dumped it, but for once, I have seen this as a legitimate good "show of concern" from a dealership. Hopefully you can see the positive side of this and not be so pissed. I don't think it had anything to do with being a girl.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

There is 2 reasons ill will go back to fay. In the gear section, there is a little asian girl that works there. She is super nice, and helped me and a few friends out with everything. Also FAY gives out a military discount!!!
    Damn near no one else does this these days.

Tyrel
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    There is 2 reasons ill will go back to fay. In the gear section, there is a little asian girl that works there. She is super nice, and helped me and a few friends out with everything.
    Tyrel
    Haha, yellow fever!!!

Just messing with you man.

Lots of hot chicks work at Fay, from the greeters to parts all kinds of booty out there!!

I have to agree with the vibe in the parts area changing each time I have gone there, sometimes even seeming like they rather you not be there, but I have worked with Gary there in sales and he is great to deal with.

Board Newbie

Thumbs up Re: my experience at fay myers

My most recent, and final experience at F@y Myer$, was when the General Manager authorized a part from my bike to be placed on a used bike they had on the floor. I bought an exhaust system for my bike and, after removing my stock system, he had his crew place part of my stcok exhaust on a bike on his sales floor. I finally had to get the cops and an attorney in the mix to get my part!!!

Quote to me from the G.M.'s e-mail to me

As for the parts I took your pipe off and put it on Randy's old bike as I explained at the time. I must now get Randy's old parts to do the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by It's Okay View Post
    My most recent, and final experience at F@y Myer$, was when the General Manager authorized a part from my bike to be placed on a used bike they had on the floor. I bought an exhaust system for my bike and, after removing my stock system, he had his crew place part of my stcok exhaust on a bike on his sales floor. I finally had to get the cops and an attorney in the mix to get my part!!!

Quote to me from the G.M.'s e-mail to me

As for the parts I took your pipe off and put it on Randy's old bike as I explained at the time. I must now get Randy's old parts to do the switch.
    Thats very strange since they usually give you the old part after the service is done.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

I agree with the atmosphere situation when in parts. I have had a great experience with Bob in parts have ordered a whole slew of gear from him and he has given me the usual 10 % which is nice.

Board Newbie

That's exactly my point!!! They took both my EPROM AND midpipe and put them on a used bike on their floor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brizz View Post
    Thats very strange since they usually give you the old part after the service is done.