Thread: Problems with my JSD TRE...

Problems with my JSD TRE...

Alright, I'll try and make this short. I haven't received any help from other boards or anyone else so I'm getting frusterated

I installed a switchable TRE on my gix and it's not working. I cannot tell one bit of difference with it on/off. The unit itself is okay - been tested.
    So the only thing that is affecting it, I think, is my aftermarket clutch lever.

It doesn't depress the clutch switch as I pull the clutch in. Therefore, the switch is always out. Does that make sense I don't have to pull my clutch in to start the bike either.

So my question is...how can I fix this so the JSD TRE works? If anyone knows anything about this or has any ideas please, please help.
    DOIN THE DAMN THANG!
    Holla at ya kid!

Ummm, did you trying turning the switch on?? J/K bro. You honestly can't tell a big differance when you install them. If if is working properally than when you pull in your clutch lever your rpms should drop a little, or maybe rise a little. Damn now I forgot, but I am 90% sure that if you are in neutral and pull the clutch in your rpms should drop by about 300, and the other 10% is that they should rise by 300. Hope this helps a little.

On a side note, havn't seen you in a while. We should meet up some time and ride and then maybe grab a few brews.

*EDIT* I just reread your post again and you are asking about your clutch not the TRE. My fault. Thats weird because on the gixxers you have to engage the clutch to start the bike, so it should not start unless it is engaged, but if it does than that would mean that your clutch is engaged all the time. I wish I knew bro, but if you are even back in town let me know and we can take a look at it.
    Let's Ride!!