Thread: IMI Tomorrow Afternoon April 11

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

IMI Tomorrow Afternoon April 11

I'm thinking of heading out to IMI tomorrow afternoon to do some riding. Tron636 is also planning to come out around 4-ish. Anyone else interested?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

Re: IMI Tomorrow Afternoon April 11

ya I might go if we go around 4

303-888-9939
    word
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

Where are you meeting up?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Weather is too iffy, and a high of 53 isn't very inspiring. Not this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassil Duwaik View Post
    Where are you meeting up?
    IMI would be my suggestion.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Anyone of you leaving out of aurora or along the way?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    Weather is too iffy, and a high of 53 isn't very inspiring. Not this time.
    Yeah, I'm going to head out around lunchtime so I should get plenty of time in before the clouds roll in. If I didn't live 15 minutes away and had to wait until after work, I'd be less optimistic.

If you've still got that Red Lobster card next time we cross paths out there, I'll take it off your hands.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

If you go earlier (12:00) I might meet you there, weather dependant. 4:00 is too late for me 'cause of kids/school.
    Dan

'00 R1

Quote Originally Posted by dgoldan View Post
    If you go earlier (12:00) I might meet you there, weather dependant. 4:00 is too late for me 'cause of kids/school.
    Yeah, I'm figuring on getting out there between 12 and 1.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

damn wish I could go...I hope you assholes get snowed in

It turned out pretty nice today. Tobin came by and after a little work on body positioning was doing some good riding! Jay dropped by but was in the cage, much to his chagrin. Also met a non-CSCer (Derek) on a CBR. I expect he'll be showing up on the board soon. I was there from noon until about 6:30 and it was pretty quiet most of the day. Definitely a change of pace from the weekend madness!

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Glad you had a good time. I'm thinking of heading out there sunday come hell or high water.

ya it was so mellow out there, turned to be a damgood day tho. o and we almost ran over a doughnutting 8 year old in a gokart
    he was talking about some gokart race this sunday, so saturday is the day to go

hope it's dry!
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

I forgot to mention that a couple of people from a paving company were out doing some measurements of the track during the afternoon so it looks like the resurfacing is going to happen next month. The guy at the track didn't know the specific date when the work would begin.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Yeah the guy at the track mentioned May was the month of repaving. But also mentioned the track shouldn't be closed for more than a week.

Pretty nice day yesterday, would have been better on two wheels though.

Sunday, there is a Cart race so no go for that day unless the races end early in the afternoon. I will be there Saturday if its dried out by that time. If anyone is interested in going, I should be out there by 9am so you can call me and see what the conditions are.

303-557-8013
    Jay

Thanks for the heads up, looks like it's canyon carving for me

Thumbs up Re: IMI Tomorrow Afternoon April 11

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Yeah the guy at the track mentioned May was the month of repaving. But also mentioned the track shouldn't be closed for more than a week.

Pretty nice day yesterday, would have been better on two wheels though.

Sunday, there is a Cart race so no go for that day unless the races end early in the afternoon. I will be there Saturday if its dried out by that time. If anyone is interested in going, I should be out there by 9am so you can call me and see what the conditions are.

303-557-8013
    Jay

Good time at IMI today, glad to get a knee down it's waaaay more stable in the turns with that third point! Also thanks for picking up those pants/sliders at PerfCycle for me guys

amazing what a race track will do to tires..
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word