Thread: Commuting pants

Commuting pants

In the summer I ride my VFR to work as much as I can, need to find a good pair of pants I can use for commuting. I would like to find an overpant type so I could just pull them off when I get to work. Of course waterproof and reasonably priced would be great too... Asking a lot, I know... Anybody have any recommendations?

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Commuting pants

aerostich dariens...I have a roadcrafter suit and it's really one of the best peices of gear I've ever owned. I commuted over 20K miles in it last year in temps from the mid 80s to below the 20s....rain, hail etc. Used on on a VFR even....

Anyways, can't say enough good stuff about their gear.

www.aerostich.com

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

Big-J had these nice overpants that he would wear ontop of his jeans and such. They were Cordura maybe. Not sure who made them.

Anyway, he might be willing to part with them, since I know he was having a going-out-of business sale a week or 2 ago. Hit him up, maybe.
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

+1 on the aerostitch. i know several people (including myself) who've been through nasty accidents on them and came away without more than a couple minor scratches.
    Jeff Black
    Littleton, CO

Currently bikeless, but will be BMW shopping again come springtime.

+2 Areostitch

Quote Originally Posted by ~Barn~ View Post
    Big-J had these nice overpants that he would wear ontop of his jeans and such. They were Cordura maybe. Not sure who made them.

Anyway, he might be willing to part with them, since I know he was having a going-out-of business sale a week or 2 ago. Hit him up, maybe.
    The ones he has on his for sale ad? Sounds like what I'm looking for, but a bit small...I'm more like 6'3" and 240...may be a bit snug. I'll check out the Aerostich.

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by chadincolo View Post
    The ones he has on his for sale ad? Sounds like what I'm looking for, but a bit small...I'm more like 6'3" and 240...may be a bit snug. I'll check out the Aerostich.

Be sure the check their sale page...they often have VERY good deals in that area.

This is a great question! I've been trying to find something, too, for my commute as the highway is my preferred option. I've chanced it way too often in all gear, except thick jeans and/or leather pants.

It's a pain changing out every ride in, though.

Something less pricey would be better. Maybe the Bohn adventure pants underneath is an option?

http://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/products.php?id=17

Only wish manufacturers would have something for us girls I've never been a fan of skirts and change into them on occassion, but it still is a hassle to commute and change when your CO is dress casual
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

Firstgear offers a Sport Touring overpant in leather that are pretty reasonable. They also have a textile overpant as well, both of which have 2 way full length zippers on the legs for easy on/off. Call us at 303-216-2400, the usual CSC discounts apply!
    Thanks, Jim
    TFOG Wheelsports, LLC
    www.tfogracing.com
    303-216-2400

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "undocumented pharmacist"

Fair price and waterproof? Check out the JoeRocket AlterEgos. My favorite by far. Waterproof liner is removable. Two sections on the thighs are also removable to expose a breathable fabric on those warmer days.

http://www.derbycycles.com/cgi-bin/e...x.cgi?pid=3430

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    This is a great question! I've been trying to find something, too, for my commute as the highway is my preferred option. I've chanced it way too often in all gear, except thick jeans and/or leather pants.

It's a pain changing out every ride in, though.

Something less pricey would be better. Maybe the Bohn adventure pants underneath is an option?

http://www.bohnarmor.com/catalog/products.php?id=17

Only wish manufacturers would have something for us girls I've never been a fan of skirts and change into them on occassion, but it still is a hassle to commute and change when your CO is dress casual
    Girl, let me know if you ever come across some for us gals. I"ve been thinking about this for the last couple weeks so would be VERY interested if anybody comes across Pee-Wee commuter pants.

Suki - do you have anything like this that you are selling in the midst of the other gear?
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

Site Admin

For sure you gals should check out the aerostich sale page, small sizes pop up there all the time for really reasonable money.