Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PMP Track Day INFO- CSC EXCLUSIVE!!!

Re: PMP Track Day INFO- CSC EXCLUSIVE!!!

So, who wants to lend me a bike to ride? Anyone? Anyone?
    1989 Honda Hawk,2005 crf250x supermoto

It is better to communicate good information than to offer misinformation in the name of good communication. Alastair B Fraser

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    Oh forsure, I understand that and its al hella of a good thing.
    I didnt know Gene but knew about it from following the mra for years just didnt come on here cause I didnt have a bike.
    Let me ask you this Would I be better off spending more money and doing a race school with Ricky. I wanna go to the star school but I can't make the may deadline. I feel I would learn more about riding or is the instuction about the same but with more saftey stuff covered?

I will try and save Scott some headache on this one.

Ricky's and Mark's Schools and the Star School are all very good. I am actually trying to get to the Star school this year. The PMP class is focused on the requirements of PMP, however with that said many of the same topics and drills are covered. It really is going to depend on what level of track riding experience you have. My class is focused more on street riders making the transition while Mark and Ricky focus more on the "finer points", not to say that Mark or Ricky can't/won't focus on the transition, just to say they have a lot of experience at high level's of racing and can help a rider/racer get much much faster.

With all that said you won't go wrong with any class that is offered in the region

Joe

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Re: CSC exclusive track day Sign UP

I think the requirement to be a club supporter is right in line, if you can't give a bit to ensure that this is not a financial burden on the few then you don't need to be part of an exclusive club event. Quit the bitchin' and pony up $15 bucks, and if you are hesitant because of that paltry sum then I doubt will even know your missing.

Haha blunt, but well said.

Just to claify, hopefully, and to help out Scott and Joe. What these 2 great guys are doing is:

1. Give the opportunity to riders to come out, enjoy an entire day 8am-4pm (gates will open at 7:00am) riding the 2.2 mile road course at a fee which many who have contacted me are drooling over. I am forwarding all calls to Scott regarding the day and all inquiries about the safety class to Joe.

2 For those wondering about "WHY" a safety class. Well first of all as Scott said we lost a great rider, friend and man last never when an accident occurred. Second, at PMP we have had a number of "newbies" go to the bike shop, buy a bike, drive directly to PMP and want to ride with the rest of you WITHOUT any instruction, proper gear, cannot answer even the basic questions about their bike, Have absolutely no idea what words like "hot pit lane", "flagging", "holding a line", or "passing" means. NO WAY, NO HOW. PMP respects the rider who invests beyond buying a bike. In a joint decision with our insurance carrier the decision was made that a "Basic Safety class" become mandatory for open track day riding.

3. This PMP safety class is exclusively offered by Joe and his group. Joe and his group has designed an affordable class to help PMP attain our goal to make PMP as safe as possible. To take the PMP Bike Safety Class, riders must contact Joe. There are ther private instructors which teach incredible classes, which has Joe has stated goes beyond the "basic" class. Sure this requirement has "ticked" off some but very, very few. The overwhelming response has been positive and after taking the safety class nothing but raves. If you are in the mininority please accept my apology and perhaps there is other tracks which offer a open track day you would be happy to participate in.

4. Scott wants to do a great thing for CSC and has my complete support. Joe and his entire group are my hero's. So,

SIGN UP, JOIN IN, LAUGH, CHALLENGE YOURSELF and at the end of the day pocket some positive memories to keep you warm when ole man winter blows hard on all of us again.

Ene

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    I think the requirement to be a club supporter is right in line, if you can't give a bit to ensure that this is not a financial burden on the few then you don't need to be part of an exclusive club event. Quit the bitchin' and pony up $15 bucks, and if you are hesitant because of that paltry sum then I doubt will even know your missing.
    First off, I was simply asking what the fee is to be a supporter as I'm not here much. Secondly, I wasn't arguing with anyone about the policies set for this track day. The $15 + the exclusive fee is fine and if I'm not out of the country during the 29th I'd love to join in, probably with a few others as well.

When's the cut off date to sign up RYBO? Do we simply pay you at PMP? Also thanks for setting this up. Weekend bike time at PMP is pretty much impossible to find.

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by albinohickey View Post
    When's the cut off date to sign up RYBO? Do we simply pay you at PMP? Also thanks for setting this up. Weekend bike time at PMP is pretty much impossible to find.
    If you need to take the class the cut-off will be July 1st. That being said, I'm not terribly interested in having 100 bikes out there either. I'm going to seek some advice from track management as to what the maximum number of bikes at the event should be and as we approach that close down the sign up.

I'd love to leave it to "pay me at the track" but that is going to leave me hanging out there pretty good if people decide not to show up. As we get a little closer to the date I'll be posting up a request for payment. It's a little too far out for that right now.

Sounds good thanks for the info. I'll have a fresh MRA license after Friday and hopefully I'll be able to join you guys for this.

Site Admin

OK....The absolute limit for bikes will be 60. At that there will be a minimum of 3 sessions with a max of 20 bikes per session.

Board Newbie

I have just join the CSC. This is my very first post! Me and my husband don't race, but we love to do track days, and we would love to support our local club. We really appreciate you putting this track day together. My question is do me and my husband have to sign up with CSC seperately? So we each have to pay the yearly membership fee?

Thanks again for putting together the track day. We can't wait to ride!!

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by rrobards View Post
    I have just join the CSC. This is my very first post! Me and my husband don't race, but we love to do track days, and we would love to support our local club. We really appreciate you putting this track day together. My question is do me and my husband have to sign up with CSC seperately? So we each have to pay the yearly membership fee?

Welcome! Glad to have you with us. I just learned yesterday that the CSC is almost 3000 members and that is just cool.

Track days have become a little scarce here in Colorado, especially on weekends, so I'm glad you found us.

As far as being yearly members goes, get one of you signed up for now, hang out on the boards and get to know us some. The $15 isn't that much and it really goes a long ways to making the website and such possible. You also get a 10% discount at Fay Myers (a large local motorcycle shop) for being a CSC member. The site would always appreciate your support. For now, get one of you signed up and I'll put both of you on the list for the track day. I'm assuming you'll need the safety course (group 2) ? If so you're in for a treat as we have some excellent instructors that have stepped up to help make riding safer at Pueblo.

Again welcome!

Scott

Greetings. Take a sec and post up in the new members "introduction" section to introduce yourselves. Also, there is a Newbie introduction ride being held May 13th, easy pace all riders are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    I will try and save Scott some headache on this one.

Ricky's and Mark's Schools and the Star School are all very good. I am actually trying to get to the Star school this year. The PMP class is focused on the requirements of PMP, however with that said many of the same topics and drills are covered. It really is going to depend on what level of track riding experience you have. My class is focused more on street riders making the transition while Mark and Ricky focus more on the "finer points", not to say that Mark or Ricky can't/won't focus on the transition, just to say they have a lot of experience at high level's of racing and can help a rider/racer get much much faster.

With all that said you won't go wrong with any class that is offered in the region

Joe

Thanks Joe, I hope to be there and meet you on the 29th

Scott you should edit the no antifreeze to the whole system not just the rad. So folks dont just drain the rad and fill with water and call it good.

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post

What do you need to do to be on the list: You need to support the CSC as either a yearly or a lifetime member. This is in place because this weekend day is HIGHLY desirable in the open market and while I don't want to exclude anyone, I don't want people becoming members here for one day to get in on this and then not contributing to this community again.
    so does this mean that I wouldn't be able to attend if I became a member RIGHT NOW? I have been on this board and otherwise somewhat involved with the club for 5 years...happy to pay that $15...

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by TribalTT View Post
    so does this mean that I wouldn't be able to attend if I became a member RIGHT NOW? I have been on this board and otherwise somewhat involved with the club for 5 years...happy to pay that $15...
    Yup, all I ask is that you are a supporting member before you sign up for the track day. You can find the place to do that in your user CP menu under subscriptions. Once I see "yearly member" in your profile I will add you to the list!

Thanks!

Scott

Board Newbie

We are very excited about the track day! Actually me and Steve don't need the safty course because we just took the MRA class w/ Mark. But we do have a friend who really want to do the track day for the first time, and he will need the safety course. Can i just go ahead pay for his membership, so you can add him on the list? (his name is Brian Petitmermet ) Let me know. Thanks Scott!<br>

Site Admin

We are very excited about the track day! Actually me and Steve don't need the safty course because we just took the MRA class w/ Mark. But we do have a friend who really want to do the track day for the first time, and he will need the safety course. Can i just go ahead pay for his membership, so you can add him on the list? (his name is Brian Petitmermet ) Let me know. Thanks Scott!<br>
    Hey!

The easiest way is just to have Brian sign up for the club and pay the membership. That keeps it clean and easy. At this point we are over 25 folks and my ability to remember who did what is going to be maxed out soon. Being able just to look up someones screen name will keep things in order for me. I hope that's OK.

Thank you!

Site Admin

GREAT NEWS!

Team Vanmar Racing has agreed to bring out their truck with Michellin tires and the such to support our day. New and good take off tires will be available for sale from them RIGHT AT THE TRACK!

Tammy has promised to send me some prices in the near future, but she assures me they will be fair. in addition they will be prepared to mount and balance tires on site.

The Vanmar folks are some of the nicest people you'll ever meet and that they are willing to support this day is outstanding.
    Last edited by rybo; Mon Apr 30th, 2007 at 01:33 PM.

damn, gotta start saving my lunch money!!!!!

Rybo, count me in...

--
    Terra
    >>>He who dies with the most toys is still dead.<<<
    Black 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    Black 2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R (MRA #112)
    Blue 2006 Yamaha WR450F
    Black 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC (URD SuperCharged)
    Black 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX
    White 2002 Horton "The Wedge" 16' trailer

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Scott,
    Got good new about my summer travel plans and it looks like I'll be in state for this.
    Couple questions:
    2) Are there any safety/orientation classes prior to the 29th?
    1) Is Joe running the class on the 29th?
    3) Do all bikes, water and air cooled, require closed belly pans?(Thinking of bringing the RD350 just for grins.)
    4) Can you run a naked bike? (Since they won't let me ride naked.)
    5) Any chance of getting them to make the 29th a twilight bike night? (Open till 8pm)

Optional extra credit question:
    6) What is the meaning of life?

And thanks you (and Joe, and enyone else involved) for setting this up.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    Scott you should edit the no antifreeze to the whole system not just the rad. So folks dont just drain the rad and fill with water and call it good.
    It's also important to note that flushing it once will not cut it. I can't tell you how many people had to reflush their cooling systems at R2SL last week because they didn't know that. Of course then there were also the ones that tried to tell us "oh yeah it's good, you don't need to check" and sho'nuff, when we did it came out bright green.

Flushing it isn't hard, just a little tedious. I can't be at this track day, but maybe we can set up some kind of pre-PMI flushing extravaganza somewhere (note - this would not be a "I'm lazy, flush it for me for free" type of deal, but for people who actually do not know how)...

I know Scott won't be checking, but statistically at least one of you is likely to have at least some residual coolant in there, and you do not want to spill even a trickle of that on the track. Unless you're positive that the fluid in there is completely void of Glycol, have it looked at before you get on the track and accidentally make a mess!
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I would be willing to hold a "bike tech" day before the event if people want. We can go over fluids, tire pressure, suspension settings, etc.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz