Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CSC exclusive track day Sign UP -Filled to Capacity!

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Re: CSC exclusive track day Sign UP -Filled to Capacity!

Isn't there a campground (KOA kinda thing) a couple miles west of PMP on hwy 50?

Might be fun to get a bunch of people together and sit around the campfire singing Kum-Ba-Yah and eating smoores.
    (OK, maybe cranking out Godsmack and drinking Tequila.)
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Tequila by nite, track by day...not a good combo!

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Going to stay at the Best Western near 25/50, got to use those points on somethin'
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

I just set my reservation at the Ramada for $74.00

Shea, I will call you on that saturday, maybe we can all get out to dinner then.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    I just set my reservation at the Ramada for $74.00

Shea, I will call you on that saturday, maybe we can all get out to dinner then.
    Count me in
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    I don't think it costs anything to go spectate. I have a couple of buddies coming down to watch and take pics as well, let me know if you'd like to join. But we may be leaving on a Saturday though.

I am probably going to take you up on that offer. Shoot me a PM with what time you are leaving on Saturday, if I need to drive, if I should get a room or if I need to chip in.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Got my room at the Ramada! Game on!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Has a schedule been drawn up for the day? Time for check in. School sessions, experienced sessions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kristian View Post
    Has a schedule been drawn up for the day? Time for check in. School sessions, experienced sessions?

there should be no need to split into sessions. The schools will go out in a line of a few riders w/ each instructor and will be going slow enough that anyone should be able to pass them in an open area (ie 8-9, down the straightaway, 3-4, 4-5 etc)... realistically i dont see why it wouldnt or shouldnt stay open track unless there is an incident.

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Sorry if I missed the part of what time it opens on July 29th?

Quote Originally Posted by Lel View Post
    there should be no need to split into sessions. The schools will go out in a line of a few riders w/ each instructor and will be going slow enough that anyone should be able to pass them in an open area (ie 8-9, down the straightaway, 3-4, 4-5 etc)... realistically i dont see why it wouldnt or shouldnt stay open track unless there is an incident.

lel
    So you want to put all 60 riders ranging from people who have never been on a race track to highly experienced racers all on the track at the same time?

Does anyone have a back protector I could borrow for the day? Funds are drying up and I dont know that I have enough to get that and take care of other expenses for the day.

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

lel
    Jason not exactly.

In the morning there will be sessions. We will be running a street session, race session and student session...probably 20 min each. After noon will either be slow, med, fast or just slow and fast.

With 17 students who have never been on PMP or any track, there is no way I want people as fast as brad and burke passing us at full speed while we are doing no brake or line drills....sorry

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    Jason not exactly.

In the morning there will be sessions. We will be running a street session, race session and student session...probably 20 min each. After noon will either be slow, med, fast or just slow and fast.

With 17 students who have never been on PMP or any track, there is no way I want people as fast as brad and burke passing us at full speed while we are doing no brake or line drills....sorry

Though people like brad and burke wont be there... thought this was a CSC day and a lot or even most of the people arent racers anyways.

Pretty expensive day for a sessions trackday... I just HOPE there are no comps etc because of 'over payment' and that all the overpayments and extra money goes to the Gene fund, its a great cause and deserves to go there...

Just out of curiosity can we get a breakdown of the amount going to the fund?

if there are 39 riders + 17 school riders = $4760 should be paid by all the riders @ $85 each for the 'tracktime'. minus the rental fee... what is it $1600? Should we be seeing $3160 go to the fund?

I understand and agree that there should be a few 'breaks' in the normal schedule for the class to go about and do their stuff, but to set up sessions for that much of the day kinda defeats the purpose of the track day imo.

lel
    Last edited by Lel; Sat Jul 21st, 2007 at 11:06 AM.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Quote Originally Posted by counterfit zx10r View Post
    So you want to put all 60 riders ranging from people who have never been on a race track to highly experienced racers all on the track at the same time?
    yes and no...

one of the best track day organizations i have ever been to is called socal trackdays, what they have is a riders meeting in the morning, then a 20 min 'instructional' time for new riders at the track.

I agree that there should be a 'break' in the schedule for the new riders. So that puts it down to 40 riders on the track at one time.. IF everyone is out there at once... which they wont be... realistically it will be half that at any given moment. Which is not a lot of people on the track.

Honestly... if Joe thinks their should be sessions, then there should be sessions. Joe is an experienced rider and racer and knows how to run a safe track... it should not be based on opinions of people have have been to a few or no trackdays before.

lel
    Last edited by Lel; Sat Jul 21st, 2007 at 11:10 AM.
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Though people like brad and burke wont be there... thought this was a CSC day and a lot or even most of the people arent racers anyways.

Pretty expensive day for a sessions trackday... I just HOPE there are no comps etc because of 'over payment' and that all the overpayments and extra money goes to the Gene fund, its a great cause and deserves to go there...

I understand and agree that there should be a few 'breaks' in the normal schedule for the class to go about and do their stuff, but to set up sessions for that much of the day kinda defeats the purpose of the track day imo.

lel
    First, I have placed a call to Scott to confirm my information. I got voice mail and assume that he will chime in shortly.

Vanmar will be in attendance to provide tire support. They have also purchased some of the track day spots. I am not totally sure of the attendance list, however I do know that some of the vanmar crew will be riding...so I am making an assumption that brad, ryan, zack etc... will be there running in the race/fast session

In terms of "comps" I have no idea. What I do know is that some of the insturctors have discussed donating the instruction fee back in to the Gene fund...but am not sure if everyone will donate a portion or all..it is there decision. I also understand that Scott is planning on make a donation with the proceeds into the Gene fund.....and yes plans are underway to "spend" the fund.

Jason, if we are talking about two different things or I am creating confusion with my statements, please call me....you should have my number

Joe

if there are 39 riders + 17 school riders = $4760 should be paid by all the riders @ $85 each for the 'tracktime'. minus the rental fee... what is it $1600? Should we be seeing $3160 go to the fund?

lel
    Oh yea PMP charges $2000 for a private rental. They also charge a fee for every rider over 20. So with 60 total riders the amount of the donation will be greatly less than 3160. Unfortunatly, I don't know what they charge for riders over 20.....again I am sure Scott can provide more detailed information

Eitherway, this will be a fun day and I am looking forward to seeing everybody out there. Now some of you can learn why the some of us are so addicted to the track!

I agree w/ you 100% joe... I just want to make sure that things go toward a good cause and everyone stays safe out there.

It would be awesome if the members could get a breakdown of what was spent so we know how much money is going to the fund.

lets all have a fun safe day is whats most important

lel
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

I agree w/ you 100% joe... I just want to make sure that things go toward a good cause and everyone stays safe out there.

It would be awesome if the members could get a breakdown of what was spent so we know how much money is going to the fund.

lets all have a fun safe day is whats most important

lel
    I am sure Scott will let us know how things are split up. Scott is very dedicated to helping charities and has done an awesome job putting this event together along with many other people. It is going to be a great time.
    Sheila Paul
    Instructor - Texas Tornado Boot Camp
    Race Official - MotoAmerica

Gold Member Yearly Supporter McVaaahhh's Avatar

Woo hoo, I made it in!!!

Now, just got to get a back protector, full zip jacket, and a place to stay.

I'm taking my Tahoe and open trailer, might have an extra space for someones bike, but let me know asap cause I'll need another wheel chock for it. Could definitely haul coolers, or gear or anything like that for people riding down.

Hell Yeah, I'm excited!!!!
    '02 RC-51 - Street
    '05 Pitster Pro 125 - Pitbike madness

Be polite. Be professional. But be prepared to kill everyone you meet.

"Motorcycles tell us a more useful truth: we are small and exposed, and probably moving too fast for our own good, but that's no reason not to enjoy every minute of the ride."
    ~Dave Karlotski

I will be staying at the Ramada, could probably cram a couple more people in there if you bring a blanket haha..... let me know.

If Sully bails on me I've got room at the Ramada Brian...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by McVaaahhh View Post
    Woo hoo, I made it in!!!

Now, just got to get a back protector, full zip jacket, and a place to stay.
    Glad you made it in, Brian. If you get in a pinch finding a jacket in time, I can bring my Joe Rocket Honda jacket (size 48 ) if you have Rocket brand pants. (I think JR runs their waist zippers in the opposite direction to most other manufacturers.)

Anyone know a local source for wheel chocks? If I can get another one, I can haul another bike down for someone.

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Tue Jul 24th, 2007 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Emoticon gone wild
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Fay Myers has them in stock and you get a 10% discount for being a CSC member.

s