Thread: Anyone have experience renting bikes in Vegas?

Anyone have experience renting bikes in Vegas?

I have a trip planned in July... I fly in Wed night, but the people I'm meeting don't get in until Thursday afternoon. Since I have a day to kill I was thinking about renting a bike and rolling up to Red Rocks and/or Mt Charleston.

Has anyone tried sportbikerental.com? Their a bit pricey, but I got a free airline ticket, so it would all come out in the wash...

Or maybe contact a local HD dealer and see about a Buell for a day... hmmm....

Any suggestions?
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Re: Anyone have experience renting bikes in Vegas?

Brizz and Co. rented some dope scooters last year. Scooters aren't that different from a Sprint anyway.

you would know all about riding underpowered pieces of crap wouldn't ya...

Seriously though... I'm not looking to toodle up and down the strip, I'm going to kill a day up in the hills outside of Vegas.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!

put my zed in your checked luggage.

hmmmm.... let me think about that...

haul the zed or rent a 1098... yeah, think I'll stick w/ the Duck

I'm pumped... Let's let the healing begin! Lifetime Supporter ~Barn~'s Avatar

They don't like to be called "Rentals". They prefer the term "Working Bikes".
    ~Brandon~
    Aprilia RSV 1000 R Factory - "Gemma"
    MV Agusta F3 800 - "Amy Lou"
    Rattan Fat Bear Plus - "Lynda"
    (720) 935-6438
    I rarely think of motorcycles without a little yearning. They are about moving, and humans, I think, yearn to move – it’s in our cells, in our desires. We quiet our babies with cyclic movement, and we quiet ourselves by going.
    Melissa Holbrook Pierson

I'm in LV now. Is there something specific I can do that will help (besides renting a bike)?

Thanks, but not really.

I spoke w/ the sportbikerental people and they have half day rates on everything but the 1098, so it looks like it'll be a VFR day.

I'm renting the new CBR600RR from them this weekend in San Diego, I'll let you know how they are when I get back. Dunno 'bout Vegas but in SoCal they are based out of Orange County and will be delivering the bike to me down in SD (for a fee of course).
    Last edited by asp_125; Mon Apr 16th, 2007 at 02:27 PM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...

I reserved a VFR from them so let me know how it goes. Since I'm not terribly interested in 600's my options were kind of limited, and I didn't want to cough up 250 for 1 day on a 1098.

They're located right on the strip, so a quick cab ride and I'm there.

Have you driven these roads before?

Lived there for a year...

It's crazy!

Sportbike Rentals showed up on time for the delivery, but they didn't have my 600RR, they called me the day before and said if I'd take a Gixxer 600. I had already ridden a Gix before and wanted to try the Honda. No big deal, I just really wanted to ride. The Gixxer was a new 07 with 750 miles on it. It seems the outfit has a office in Vegas, and warehouses some bikes out of Irvine now in SoCal. For $45 they delivered the bike to me in San Diego. Cost is a bit spendy. All told with taxes, insurance (reqd in Cali) delivery, a two day weekend rental cost me $400. But if you consider that renting snowmobiles or a weekend in Vail .. then it doesn't seem so bad, I was saving on accomodations so that helped. They make you sign all these releases, and take a pic of you with the bike to document the condition, and then ask you to demonstrate your riding ability by riding up the block and coming back. Then they hand you the keys and let you play.

Other than it pissed rained on Friday (3"), Saturday's riding more than made up for it. There are some great roads east of the city into the desert and towards the border. Two lane rollers with sweeping high speed curves, and tight technical corners with blind apexes and elevation changes ..oh man, up, down, 100mph straights with 40mph blind entry into corners, twisty left-right-left sequential corners, and best of all, because of the previous day's rain, no traffic and for the most part, no sand! Still, there was snow on the roadside at 5000ft and fuggin cold, but still a great ride.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable:09 Thruxton \ 09 FZ6S2
    Sold List:97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 02 VFR800, 08 Spyder RS, 12 Street TripleR, 09 KLX250S, 16 KTMRC390, 10 F650GS
    my Facebook, SpeedShots
    Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...