Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question to Admin's/Mods/Members on "rules and riding signals"

Re: Question to Admin's/Mods/Members on "rules and riding signals"

I'm with Bueller on this one.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

we were on a ride the other day and there were some fallen rocks on the road just smaller then my gas tank, on the inside of a blind corner, i saw them the second the lead bike corrected his line, we both pointed with our feet and i imagine the others behind us did as well. i feel that a good rider can multi-task enough to point out debris in the road. i point out debris in the road because those are my friends behind me, and i dont want them to get hurt, and i think we all know people who get lost in there own little words from time to time. and while my foot is the preferred choice for pointing out debris, i have used my hands every now and then when i needed to.
    THE HIGHER...... THE FEWER

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams,
    I have spread my dreams under your feet,
    tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
    -Yeats

"HOW IS IT POSSIBLE...... I STILL HAVE SO MUCH TO LEARN ???"

Quote Originally Posted by leviathin View Post
    we were on a ride the other day and there were some fallen rocks on the road just smaller then my gas tank, on the inside of a blind corner, i saw them the second the lead bike corrected his line, we both pointed with our feet and i imagine the others behind us did as well. i feel that a good rider can multi-task enough to point out debris in the road. i point out debris in the road because those are my friends behind me, and i dont want them to get hurt, and i think we all know people who get lost in there own little words from time to time. and while my foot is the preferred choice for pointing out debris, i have used my hands every now and then when i needed to.
    Perhaps not every pebble, like Bueller said, but I'm a "plus one" with Ken on this. Friends don't come cheap.

Managers:

Thanks for updating the signals section on the site:

Signals:
    Transmit these signals to the rider/car behind you when appropriate.
    Meaning Usage Hand Signal Left turn Mostly for lane changes - not intended to replace turn signals Left arm straight out beside you (palm open & facing forward), or angled downward to where you are going Right turn Mostly for lane changes - not intended to replace turn signals Left arm out beside you, bent with forearm & hand up (palm open & facing forward) Slow down/
    Stop/
    Don't pass Mostly for unexpected stops, also to indicate it is unsafe for riders behind you to pass car(s) between them & you Left arm out beside you, bent with forearm & hand down (palm open & facing back) Police ahead For oncoming riders and riders behind you, warning them to check their speed Pat your head with your left hand (this is the signal we use).
    Some riders do an up & down motion their left hand out at waist level, palm down (like they're dribbling a basketball). Danger Dangerous obstacle in road (sand, gravel, pothole, oil slick) Point to the obstacle with the nearest hand or foot, but only if you can do so safely (without putting yourself at risk) Gun it to indicate it is safe for riders behind you to pass car(s) between them & you Up & down motion with left arm out beside you, forearm & fist up (like a trucker pulling his air-horn cord) Back