Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: 3rd Annual Newb Ride - Sunday May 13th (new condensed thread)

Re: 3rd Annual Newb Ride - Sunday May 13th (new condensed thread)

I will stop by for the ride. I work the evening; therefor, I may need to cut off. I would be more than happy to sweep as I may be doubled up.

Aaron
    '08 Suzuki GSXR600

Quote Originally Posted by Brat View Post
    is that early enough, i really dont want to speed down the interstate or anywere a cop can ticket and individual... ( )
    Brat
    I know it doesn't take an hour and a half, so we should have plenty of time. Should take just under an hour to get there...i'd say we could take 105, but I havn't been on it and don't want to be showing up fashionably late We won't have to hurry or anything so don't worry bout the smokeys

Interchange Update - C470 and Morrison Exit:

Just came from a ride down Bear Creek Rd, Evergreen to Morrison. CDOT has traffic flowing southbound on C470 exiting at the Morrison offramp. Northbound (didn't get a real good look) appears to be exiting at Morrison. On ramp from Morrison to Southbound C470 open. Looks the same for on ramp to northbound C470.

Basically the overpass is closed for paving work.

Talking Re: 3rd Annual Newb Ride - Sunday May 13th (new condensed thread)

so this is the exit to get to bandimere? right? that gas station as you enter bandimere?
    good looking out on the road condition post too eh. if 105 is the road the goes to denver from castle rock on the west side of I-25 i know the way, and it connects with 470. shizaym
    Brat
    Last edited by Brat; Sat May 12th, 2007 at 04:31 PM.

I will be showing up for the ride also.. I can't ride long, I will have to cut out early guys...

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

so this is the exit to get to bandimere? right? that gas station as you enter bandimere?
    good looking out on the road condition post too eh. if 105 is the road the goes to denver from castle rock on the west side of I-25 i know the way, and it connects with 470. shizaym
    Brat
    Actually it is 85/Sante Fe that you are referring to. 105 goes from Sedalia to Palmer Lake/Monument.
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Board Newbie

What is the anticipated return time to denver, I have to be downtown by 1:00pm for other plans. I have never been on a larger group ride so I have no idea as to how long they generally take, the most I have ever ridin with is two other bikes.

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

Well, assuming we leave at 9:30, I estimate it taking about an hour and a half at the most to get to Palmer at our slower pace (it's about ~45 min down I-25 from there). So times two, I'd say we will be back to the south end of Denver at about lunchtime, 12:30 or so. That's just a guess though.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Well, we may be bailing. We took a ride over to Co PowerSports in Boulder and then did some running around and she's more interested in going up Peak to Peak (plus the 500 she was looking at is in Ft Collins and she wants to take a look).

We'll be there in the morning but we'll head on up to Peak to Peak.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

I'm not an inexperienced rider but ever since I broke my leg in April I've been trying to get back on the bike so I think I'll tag along and attempt to rehabilitate it I'm looking forward to meeting some new riders! See you in the AM
    "That which does not kill you only postpones the inevitable."

Went down with some Noobs to Deckers and back, seemed like it's all they could handle on a HOT day. Had fun. Goin there tomorrow again.
    95 ZX9, 02 GSXR1000

firegixx why so early in the am? if 9am is depart time? but i should still be in! +NINJA IF he can

firegixx why so early in the am? if 9am is depart time? but i should still be in! +NINJA IF he can
    I'm just guessin on the time...I figure leave here by 7:30 get there round 8:30-45? I'm just very punctual and am never late(usually early for that matter)! Ur welcome to roll out 30 or so later than me

Count me in...

I guess I'll be the cop magnet and keep them busy for a spell...

--
    Terra
    >>>He who dies with the most toys is still dead.<<<
    Black 2006 Kawasaki ZX-10R
    Black 2007 Kawasaki ZX-6R (MRA #112)
    Blue 2006 Yamaha WR450F
    Black 2006 Toyota Tacoma 4x4 DC (URD SuperCharged)
    Black 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GTX
    White 2002 Horton "The Wedge" 16' trailer

Gold Member Yearly Supporter Sully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dm_gsxr View Post
    Well, we may be bailing. We took a ride over to Co PowerSports in Boulder and then did some running around and she's more interested in going up Peak to Peak (plus the 500 she was looking at is in Ft Collins and she wants to take a look).

We'll be there in the morning but we'll head on up to Peak to Peak.

Carl
    Just be careful .. heard that from Nederland to 7 is sandy !
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Sol Performance - Pirelli Tires

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Perhaps, yes. It will depend largely on the demographics of the riders who show up. It won't be parade pace by any means, but we are going to have some very new riders on this thing, and will stay within everyones' limits. If a subset wish to pick up the pace and meet at the next checkpoint that's fine with me, but we'll always have leaders there to hold back with the ones who aren't comfortable with that.

The last noob ride I went on, was 2/3 experienced riders, and 1/3 noobs. It was also a messy experience and we witnessed a lot of stupidity with new riders trying to do the same things the experienced riders were, which almost ended badly. So if this seems like hand-holding to you Jeff, then this isn't the ride for you. This ride is for new (i.e. intimidated, impressionable, possibly scared) riders to get some time under their leathers with experienced people in a safer way. This isn't the ride where experienced riders demonstrate how fast they can go, or how tight they can pass that car - it's where experienced riders teach the new ones, remembering that those new riders have but a fraction of the experience or acquired skill.

It isn't hand-holding, it's education. And as I've said to everyone already, this is not a typical CSC weekend ride - don't show up expecting anything different. If a bunch of experienced folks want to have a different ride somewhere else it won't hurt our feelings any; we just don't want to mix one of "those" rides with this one.

You were slow and inexperienced once too Jeff, and the "but it was the 1800's and we didn't even have bikes then" excuse doesn't cut it.

Yes! Pre-ride meeting will be at 9:10 sharp, please be parked and lid-off by that point. Ride leaders/sweepers be in the same condition by 8:45 so we can all chat beforehand.
    Thanks Ralph. You said it MUCH better than I could have

You wanna go on a regular ride, don't go on this one. You want to help some new riders WANT to become comfortable with regular rides, come and help us out!! Really, I was a newb not too long ago. Having a group or individuals like this is what made me want to become better and made me all happy in the pants to be a part of this community

Can't wait to sse you peeps tomorrow. Get there safe!
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Is this Conoco station at C-470 and Morrison Rd.? I was originally going to be with a group coming down from the Northern lands but the thread seems to have died once Cathy bailed so I'm not sure what it going on. In case I don't hook up with anyone who has actually been to this place, I'd like to get a better idea of where I'm going than just "Morrison Conoco"

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

I don't know the exact address.. but you could probably mapquest or google it under the Bandimere Raceway .. it's the same exit
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Is this Conoco station at C-470 and Morrison Rd.? I was originally going to be with a group coming down from the Northern lands but the thread seems to have died once Cathy bailed so I'm not sure what it going on. In case I don't hook up with anyone who has actually been to this place, I'd like to get a better idea of where I'm going than just "Morrison Conoco"

Dirk
    Yes, that is the place- Conoco/Circle K. There is a clock tower in the parking lot (not pictured).
    Last edited by pilot; Mon Jun 11th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I don't know the exact address.. but you could probably mapquest or google it under the Bandimere Raceway .. it's the same exit
    Ok, I think I see where it is. I'm sure I'll see all the bikes. Thanks Sully (edit: and Pilot).

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Talking Re: 3rd Annual Newb Ride - Sunday May 13th (new condensed thread)

damn look at that pic, i dont see a single bike as old as mine... damnit. lol. firegixx i am gonna swing by id rather bikavan there, that way if i get lost i can blame you.. see ya in the a.m.
    Brat

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

I'll be there.
    I can sweep if needed.
    2010 ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by ZX Rider View Post
    I'll be there.
    Excellent!

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Remember to give yourself some extra time due to the lane closures at the Morrison exit....
    Glitter Factory Racing
    MRA #415