Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 1st (annual?) SoWeCo Ride - June 30/July 1 - Fricken awesome!

Gold Member Yearly Supporter mtnairlover's Avatar

Re: 1st (annual?) SoWeCo Ride - June 30/July 1 - Who's going?

Cool beans, Ralph! All points taken into consideration. You all realize that I will be coming from Loveland in the wee hours of the morn to meet up with ya in your neck o'the woods. So, um, I guess you'll have to let me know what time you're thinking for departure and I'll add about an hour or so to that so I can wake my arse outta bed with time to spare...naw mean?

Oh, and Ralph? You said something about finiding the accommodations? Just let us know about costs (well me, especially, so I can budget for it). But, maybe I won't have to worry about costs, since I'll be sleeping out on the lawn anyways.

...ready to take on the world...one canyon at a time...

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

I'm good for leaving early, I'm also willing to meet somewhere in between Loveland and Denver if we can route that in and everyone is cool with it.

Ralph. Is it your throttle hand that bothers you? I know I wouldn't survive long rides on my RR without my throttle lock. I would have to say best mod for under 30 bucks aside from my garage door opener.

If you think I might need anything special, like a sleeping bag for sleeping in a cabin, let me know. Unless I hear different I will just bring my normal gear.

Sounds interesting. How many miles total are you guys thinking? Where is the ride starting from? Colorado Springs? Denver?

Damn I wish I could find saddle bags or at least a tail bag for the 07 R1

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

500 miles the first day, probably around 350-400 the second would be my guess.

Yeah it's my throttle hand the most, I will look into a throttle lock - that's a good idea!

We're starting from wherever; I am in Denver, my guess is Cathy and other northerners will come down and we can go west from there (I can also meet you kids over on the west side of town). Coming from Fountain, I think if you went west on Hwy 50 towards Canon City you could probably intercept the rest of us and join up. Bags are nice but not needed (I don't have any yet either), I am just putting everything in a duffle bag as best I can and strapping the thing on.

Regarding accommodations - Terry Howard, a very nice lady who is the state coordinator from ABATE, fired off some email to their Durango office for me to get a recommendation from them on where to stay. I will post up the results of that as soon as I get it.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

If we are doing map #2 to Durango, we will be going though Woodland Park right? If so then Clovis could just head N 25 for W on 24 and meet up in Woodland Park. Unless I'm looking at it wrong that would be a lot closer place to join up. Clovis, come along. Throw your stuff in backpack and strap it on. I have extra room in my soft packs we could cram your backpack in so you don't have to wear it the whole way.

Cathy your in Loveland... I'm a dumbass. When I hear Loveland I always think of ski resort. Scratch my last "meet in between" idea.

Ralph, Vista Cruise Universal Cruise Control is what I have. I think they are 25 buck at Performance. Pretty cheesy but it works.
    Pros: My back and wrist love it.
    Cons: Can contribute to throttle binding. Robs valuable grip space.

Quote Originally Posted by noskills View Post

Cathy your in Loveland... I'm a dumbass. When I hear Loveland I always think of ski resort. Scratch my last "meet in between" idea.
    Yepper and nope, you're no dumbass...everyone thinks that. You're not the first to think it was the ski area that I live in, ha! And probably won't be the last.

Anyway, I was thinking of some point down south to meet up at....as in Littleton, which is south for me. And, then we can pick up peeps along the route as you mentioned in Woodland Park, etc. If anyone knows of a central place, or a gas station or something that is along the hwy, that would be the place to meet clovis.

I'm gonna come up with a southern (Littleton) meeting spot and will let ya know where it's at.

Edit: Oh, and I think it would do us all a bit of good to share cell #'s, so we can all be in contact and make sure everyone knows what's going on. I'll send those who have posted my cell in a PM.

Check out my WordPress blog -- Exploring Colorado’s 25 Scenic and Historic Byways: A two-year tour by sport bike, auto and 4×4 @ mtnairloversview

Like my Facebook page @ Colorado Scenic Byways Tours to learn more about the byways

Re: 1st (annual?) SoWeCo Ride - June 30/July 1 - meet-up

How's this place? http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=co&zipcode=

We could meet in the parking lot there. There's also a gas station, a Starbucks (for us coffee hounds) and other conveniences as needed.

I'm in if you don't mind a SOCO rider on an ugly bike..Meet you in Woodland Park...Mike

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Here's what lies ahead (Thanks TYZO)

"Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

The meeting spot in Littleton looks good. Is the gas station/ Starbucks on the east or west side of Kipling and at what intersection? As far as meeting in Woodland Park. There is a huge parking lot on the east side where 67 and 24 intersect. That would be convenient. I would put up a nice pretty link like Cathy does but I'm a De dede, when it comes to mapquest.

The Cell Idea is a great one. Along those lines, I know CSC rallied to put together emergency list on ppl. I for one would like someone if not everyone on this ride to have my info. If you would like I will compile a simple list for this ride, send them back to everyone and print up hard copies to be handed out when we meet. If you don't want to be included that is fine. If you do send me:
    1. Name and board name
    2. Your cell number if applicable.
    3. Emergency contact name and number
    4. Alergies or pertinent medical info.
    Does this sound good? Likes, dislikes? Need more/less info?

Man the scenery looks awesome. I am ready!

zetaetatheta - What are you riding? If I don't get my fairings back on then Ugly is good. My naked cyclops will need all the help it can get so it's not the ugliest. But if your idea of ugle is a Triple then you can just stay home. Mmmmmmm I love the look of the Triple. vbmenu_register("postmenu_184763", true);

Multistrada...like the ugly girlfriend with the smokin body and handles sooo..well.

Multistrada - Hell almost Cadillac like comfort for long rides. With the web like sub frame you have endless strapping possibilities for a duffle bag.

Doh - I'm thinking of Clovis. zetaetatheta vbmenu_register("postmenu_184824", true); probably has bags. Now Clovis, not so many strapping possibilities. I just can't get over it, a 25 y/o w/ an R1. Not sure if that makes me mad or jealous! I was just getting married at 25. hmmm... Maybe that was my problem; I chose to get a couch not a sports bike! Yep it's definitely jealousy!
    Last edited by noskills; Sat Jun 16th, 2007 at 01:09 PM.

The meeting spot in Littleton looks good. Is the gas station/ Starbucks on the east or west side of Kipling and at what intersection?

If you do send me:
    1. Name and board name
    Does this sound good? Likes, dislikes? Need more/less info?

Man the scenery looks awesome. I am ready!
    Ok, so the place I posted is a Kohls. The store is on the south end of a shopping area, but on the East side of Kipling Pkwy. The gas station is a little north of Kohls, but in the same center. The location, or intersection that is close by is C-470 and Kipling Pkwy. I hope that helps.

As for the emergency info? Good job asking for that info. I'll be PM'ing here shortly.

Can't wait to see those mountains again.

Those pics are making me excited in funny places!

I picked up a new set of Anekees (more streetish dual sport Michelins with Pilot Power compound) from Stan, and will get a windscreen on order Monday-ish since the DR has none and that much riding will be very fatiguing without it. Littleton meeting spot works for me, I haven't looked at the map link yet but that direction is fine with me.

than sincere ignorance

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

OK....I'm in.

Going to figure out the time off here in the next couple of days, but I'm in for the SoWeCo ride.

Also count me in +1, I think I've got one other person convinced to come along....

can someone PM me the accomodation info and costs?

Thanks

Scott

Welp, since I'm such an earlybird *cough*, I thought I'd throw out a coupla start times for Saturday and you guys decide which is best. I can get down to Littleton within about an hour, so how about?...

Arrive at 7:00, leave at 7:30

or

Arrive at 7:30 and leave at 8:00

Oh, and Scott...if you guys are leaving from Milliken, can I follow along? I wouldn't mind the company in the wee hours.

Site Admin

Cath,

Near as I can tell you're the lead dog on this thing....it would be me following you! Of course we can team up, but isn't the 29th a Friday?

s

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    Cath,

Near as I can tell you're the lead dog on this thing....it would be me following you! Of course we can team up, but isn't the 29th a Friday?

s
    Yep, it is, but I think we're just gonna do this over 2 days...just Saturday and Sunday...at least that's what I read in Ralph's post...please correct me if he posted a change and I didn't see it. Oh, here's part of that post...

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    Sounds like Cathy may be the route planner on this one! I'm hoping to get a discount on a Corbin seat so my bony ass can handle 2 days on that thing, and a few other accessories here and there.

Hopefully we have a real list of who's going in the next couple weeks. Let's set the date now as June 30/July 1, two full days of riding, good stories, etc. Cathy, if you want, figure out how far we're likely to get over some good roads on the 30th and what town we will end up in, and I can try to find some place we can all crash for the night.
    And, since I am (sorta) lead on this, I say we meet at 7:15 and leave at 7:45 and that's my final answer.

Site Admin

roger doger....

we don't even need 1/2 hour to meet, as you're coming south on 25 there is a little parking area at the Milliken Johnstown exit. Let's just meet there and roll!

I'm not sure where the 29th got injected, but this ride is a Sat/Sun thing, 6/30-7/1.

I think the 7:15-7:45 slot was for meeting in Littleton, wasn't it? We may need a half hour there. If everyone is on time though it won't take as long, but we should at least gas up and all that. No idea what my endurance is, I'd say 100-115 til reserve on that bike. Not exactly major distance, but I think we'd be stopping for a rest around then anyway. Unfortunately I won't have my IMS tank by then...

than sincere ignorance

I will be meeting in littleton and will be there as close to 7:15 as possible. I work till 12:30 am so I will try to be coffied up and smiling.

bump:
    PM me if you would like to be added to the emergency info list.
    1. Name and board name

Hey now, I'll be 26 in a few days and I've been married since I was 23

I can strap a small back pack from when I was in high school to the back seat - I do this when I take my bike to work - I'll goto work in jeans and switch into slacks and put a tie/shoes in there. It might work.

I still have to convince my wife to let me go, she wants us to finish yard work... but maybe she'll come too now that she has her own bike (zf6) which does have strapping room, heck you can get a saddle bag for it.

-Clov

Multistrada - Hell almost Cadillac like comfort for long rides. With the web like sub frame you have endless strapping possibilities for a duffle bag.

Doh - I'm thinking of Clovis. zetaetatheta vbmenu_register("postmenu_184824", true); probably has bags. Now Clovis, not so many strapping possibilities. I just can't get over it, a 25 y/o w/ an R1. Not sure if that makes me mad or jealous! I was just getting married at 25. hmmm... Maybe that was my problem; I chose to get a couch not a sports bike! Yep it's definitely jealousy!

New list of riders:

1. Me
    2. Cathy
    3. Noskills
    4. Jeff
    5. Clovis
    6. Zetaetatheta
    7. Scott
    8. Scott's Mystery Guest (?)

Sweet, this looks like a good turnout! I'm still waiting to hear back on accommodations in Durango, but are there any preferences for how we do it?

than sincere ignorance

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe View Post
    New list of riders:

1. Me
    2. Cathy
    3. Noskills
    4. Jeff
    5. Clovis
    6. Zetaetatheta
    7. Scott
    8. Scott's Mystery Guest (?)

Sweet, this looks like a good turnout! I'm still waiting to hear back on accommodations in Durango, but are there any preferences for how we do it?

Let's stay at the sleaziest places we can.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV