Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRESS RELEASE: Racing 2 Save Lives endurance race event!

PRESS RELEASE: Racing 2 Save Lives endurance race event!

As promised, here is the OFFICIAL press release on Racing 2 Save Lives, the first ever event of it's kind!

Link to the Press Release: Click Here

So how does this involve you? We need people! We're going to need racers and volunteer staff alike, so I'm breaking it out into sections below to give you an idea of what will be involved.

RACERS: We are currently working on getting bikes donated for our use during this race, along with the consumables (fuel, tires, oil, etc) we'll need to go through. We are anticipating over 100 racers during the week-long event, including some celebrity guest riders. In order to be a racer in this event, you must hold a current race license with the MRA or other motorcycle roadracing organization and have a current AMA membership - just like if you wanted to sign up for an MRA race. Racers will ride in shifts of probably about an hour (remember this is an endurance race, not a sprint - so you're not riding as hard), and we'll have enough bikes to keep things moving even while doing maintenence on one or two at a time.

CSC MEMBERS AND VOLUNTEERS: We are intending for the Colorado Sportbike Club to form the staff necessary to pull this off! The response from everyone so far has been incredible, and we need even more of it. Basically we need pit crews and other logistical support from those who won't be racing (or even those who will, if they want to do it in their off time). While we cannot expect to have a complete corner crew staff for the entire time, if some of you can do this and get time off during the week, at least having flaggers at a few points around the track would be useful. (We will have some modified corner procedures in place.)

Our official website isn't quite up yet, as the domain name is still taking effect. As soon as it is, we'll have an official signup on there. While it's good to see everyone showing their support here (please keep doing it!), that will be the "gospel" on who is volunteering their time, and as such we'll have you all go sign up there.

Many details are in the press release, so please read that before asking questions. Many more answers will be up on the website very soon.

Even though it's in the press release, I do want to point out that KBPI wants to do a week and a half of nonstop promotion for this event, and we're talking with Speed Channel about airing a story during Two-Wheel Tuesday... So this is a great way to show how the CSC, MRA, and Colorado's sportbiking community are the best people around!

This is going to be historic, as nothing like this has ever been done before. We expect it to be an annual event for years to come, and want every single one of you to be a part of it!

Apache/2.0.48 (Unix) mod_perl/1.99_12 Perl/v5.8.2 PHP/4.3.4 Server at www.racing2savelives.org Port 80

Almost up
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Ill head up security if you want. f there is going to be celebs there we might want something there. If not ill do what you tell me to do. HEHE
    If guns kill people then i can blame my pencil for mis-spelled words!!!! (Larry the cable guy)

Quote Originally Posted by haywood jablome
    Ill head up security if you want. f there is going to be celebs there we might want something there. If not ill do what you tell me to do. HEHE
    Thanks Chad,

I think we'll be ok w/o security (by celeb riders I mean famous racers and the like - they seem to do fine at the AMA's without bodyguards present).

I wanna be part of the security tooooo
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Me too Me too. LoLo can set up sniper positions.
    Proud Sponsor/pit crew to: -PUCK-MRA #719
    R.I.P 502

Quote Originally Posted by FriscoKidd
    I wanna be part of the security tooooo
    I'll be a body guard for a racer ... a hot racer that is ... you know ... like if Ben Bostrom decides to show up and give his support :P
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

There won't be security.

However, if you all want to cornerwork or do other volunteer tasks, that would be most appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    There won't be security.

However, if you all want to cornerwork or do other volunteer tasks, that would be most appreciated!
    I wanna race!!!!! Or cornerwork ... sometimes :P
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

So long as you have a current race license and AMA membership, you can race in R2SL.

So long as you have a current race license and AMA membership, you can race in R2SL.
    So ... that means I need to pay my $80 to get my license "renewed" and get a number?
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

Ralph are you ever gonna email me those stats?

Making the world a safer place, through Psychokinesis
    This moment brought to you in part by WWW.BOXHEAD.US

Quote Originally Posted by CBRChick13
    So ... that means I need to pay my $80 to get my license "renewed" and get a number?
    Yes, if you want to ride in this thing...

Of course if you race in July with the MRA like you were talking about, you will need to anyway, so...

Ripper: I will do it tonight when I get home. Couldn't the last couple days between work and everything else.

Yes, if you want to ride in this thing...

Of course if you race in July with the MRA like you were talking about, you will need to anyway, so...
    Yeah ... I figured that ...I was just wondering for the worst case scenario that I wasn't racing by then But ... (fingers crossed) Alan and I will have a race bike before the AMAs at PPIR ... so, in a couple weeks!!!

We'll just have to figure out how to split up the races
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by CBRChick13
    We'll just have to figure out how to split up the races
    Easy ... put him in the slow ones!

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar
    I would be highly interested in participating.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

Ooooh- graphics!

Loopty
    Pronounced with an "oopty"
    I'd be interested, but days off are few and far between... Afternoons are good though!
    MRA 33 (Retired)
    502- RIP my brother

I can do mornings until 2pm every day.

Dunlop or Tomahawk might be interested in helping with tires I'll check with my contacts there a few more details might help sway them a little though, like who are we racing to save? if I could get a pm or an email with a little more detail, something I could send them, it would be great. Also a basic idea of the more common tire sizes needed would help these guys like hard numbers

720-276-0106

rick@lifeon2.com
    If your gonna be dumb you gotta be tough

Thanks lifeon2,

We're actually working to get a tire sponsor right now, but I will let you know if that falls through for some reason.

Cool definitly do that I think I may have some good luck Tomahawk they do make race slicks and I have been testing their sport and sport touring tires they are pretty dam sticky never fear for those of you not diggin the colored thing they do make them in black but think of the colored burn outs

Hey I got a call from Ken over at Tomahawk today about the tests we're doing and I mentioned the race he said he would be more than happy to donate some tires he just needs the more pertinent information tire sizes etc and even if your sponsor works out this is probably gonna take more tires than one sponsor wants to provide

For all of you who wanted to volunteer, go sign up on the R2SL website now please!

http://www.racing2savelives.org

Let's show 'em what the CSC is made of!