Thread: Corner Workers Needed!

Easily distracted by shiny objects and bouncy things jplracing's Avatar

Corner Workers Needed!

I received a call from the track this moring.

Apparently there is only ONE corner worker for this afternoon's practice. I don't how about the weekend situation. But if you have the time to come down and help out it would be very much appreciated....I think you will also be paid for your time, but that is up to the MRA

Joe

www.rebellionmotorsports.com

Grant_me_revs personal snake catcher!!

Re: Corner Workers Needed!

Quote Originally Posted by jplracing View Post
    I received a call from the track this moring.

Apparently there is only ONE corner worker for this afternoon's practice. I don't how about the weekend situation. But if you have the time to come down and help out it would be very much appreciated....I think you will also be paid for your time, but that is up to the MRA

Joe
    Hey all-

Listen...This was really a pretty good gig...and they need corner workers bad. For the whole day session you get paid for your time, they give you food and drink, it's a great atmosphere, and you get an awesome seat to watch the races. Try and help out if you think this would appeal to you. BTW, even just helping out once during the entire season would help these folks out. Have some fun out there.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

When is the next training session?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Say what again... Site Admin rforsythe's Avatar

You don't need prior training to cornerwork, actually. They will train you "on the job". Basically just show up on time, bring sunscreen and a hat (just dress for and bring what you need to stand outside for hours), and don't wear anything red or yellow since racers will mistake you for a flag.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous
    than sincere ignorance
    and conscientious stupidity.
    - Martin Luther King, Jr.

disce quasi semper victurus vive quasi cras moriturus

The return of MRA #321! Sponsored by Western Ambulance, Chicane Trackdays, and a very patient wife...

Yes...thanks Ralph, I should of mentioned that. Maybe a fold up chair, and light (white or khaki) color clothing if it's expected to be sunny and warm out are a few other things.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Ok, I can't make it tomorrow but I'll try to help out when I can. I have race experience from years ago so I'm not unfamiliar with what corner workers do but wanted to check to see if there was any official training needed.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson