Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IMI today apr28

IMI today apr28

Had a great time today guys. If I could do it all over again I would...well except me going down. Yep the trusty 998 went down. Only cosmetic stuff of which will set me back about 1200. There goes that damn dampener and slipper I wanted. Nothing big, just a lowside on that last turn going into the straight. Had a fuck-up angle when I went into the turn. Ended up running off of the track by about a foot wide and some 10ft after the turn lost it and stopped about 60 feet from the turn. To the riders who help get the bike off of my ankle thanks a bunch!

Anything that can be picked up from all this...WEAR YOUR LEATHERS. I got off scot free. Even the leathers managed to survive. Damn I knew it was going to happen about 3/5ths of the way into the turn. Sadly it was too little too late. I had two options as I realized I wasn't going to make the turn...1 straighten up the bike and run way off the track or 2 stick my ass out and lean like a bat out of hell. I opted for option 2 in the .0003 secs I had to react. I got about 1.5 feet to the edge of the track when the gravel pushed me to the outside.

Everyone did well and to the rider with the popped shoulder I hope you make a quick recovery. Those sliders saved your bike BIG time, wish I had them. The person who caught my eye the most was slo. He was smooth throughout all the turns and even better at judging and predicting a good time to pass. I kept getting hung up as to a when to pass.

Wow this post is longer then I'd anticipated. Okay I'm out and to those of you who took pictures. Please post them up, I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say we'd all enjoy them!
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Re: IMI today apr28

I'm sun burnt... haha
    2006 DRZ SM
    2003 RIZLA GSX-R 1000 (sold)
    2008 R6

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Yeah, sorry to see you guys go down but glad you walked away with relatively minor damage to the Duc. Tobin had a pretty bad shoulder separation so he'll be sore for a while. That's a common injury with lowsides if you don't have time to rotate the shoulder and get the impact on the shoulder blade rather than the end of shoulder. I didn't see what instigated his fall, only the end of it when I heard that sound we don't like to hear.

A big thumbs up to Jay. He had burgers delivered to everyone that wanted one and even though I didn't partake because of a late breakfast, thanks for doing that man. And he stuck around to make sure that everything was taken care of with Tobin's bike after his girlfriend (wife?) took Tobin to the hospital. Jay, you're one of those guys that make the motorcycling community such a cool thing to be a part of. A big to you brother!

Dirk
    Last edited by dirkterrell; Sat Apr 28th, 2007 at 05:39 PM. Reason: spelling
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

yeah, another bump on jay for letting my borrow that bolt.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Jay,

Just gotta say, it seems like you're really coming into your own on the track. I look forward to putting down some laps with you in the near future!

B- sorry to hear about the wreck. Skip the factory body work and get some race plastics, way cheaper and way easier to fix. I like SharkSkinz stuff the best. You can paint it any color you want!

Tobin- Heal up quickly man....good evidence that it's always good to bring someone to the track with you. Post up if you need anything.

A big thanks to Chris for the pictures!

http://reddeth.com/crisco/main.php?c...-28-07/&var2=1

Thats weird, it didn't add in anything in after the link, oh well, what I had said was:
    Also a big thanks to Jay, Dirk, Sebastian (hope I spelled your names right), and everyone else that gave me a lot of pointers on what I was doing right and wrong, as well thanks to Paul for showing me the ropes of the track.. Its guys like you that make this sport that much more fun, sorry I didn't stay longer but it got a little to crowded. Expect to see me a bit more from now on!

Sorry to hear two guys went down, hope you get better and get the bikes up and running!
    Last edited by reddeth; Sun Apr 29th, 2007 at 11:52 AM.

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Had a great time as well. I can definately feel myself getting more confident in the corners and moving my ass off the seat

Glad you're alright Bassil and Tobin, heal up quick man..

Jay, thanks big time for getting this started, the burgers and the pointers

Thanks for the pics Chris...I look awesome hehe
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

wassup all looks like this sling wont stop me from typing!! Lesson is street tires only have so much traction and literbikes have a LOT of power to the rear wheel.

-big thanks to Jay and Chelsea for lunch and the ride to the hospital.
    -thanks to Mike for the ride home and the beer--combined with pain killers got my head really spinning (fyi pain killers and alcohol do triple)
    -Chris for the in-yo-face pictures
    -and to Adam for getting the bike home

Doc says I had an AC separation not a dislocation and that I have to wait for it to heal... or get staples to replace torn ligaments. DAH! I can't ride!
    Here's a giant a$$ pic of the xray showing my collar bone sep;arated from the shoulder. that was the bump we all saw.. peace guys i'll still come out and watcj while healing up just not next wknd
    http://johnnycash.springsips.com/~toby/shoulderACseparation_cropped.jpg
    -out of town
    Last edited by SixnChange; Mon Apr 30th, 2007 at 09:48 PM.
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

wow that's a nice one
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Hey a big thanks to everyone for the nice words.....

Besides the military there is nothing better than the comradery of the two-wheeled community by far!!!! It's amazing to watch everyone assist everyone else with food, drinks, advice, supplies, pretty much anything that can be of benefit.

Seemed like everyone out there was getting more comfortable and looking much better than previous times. B, you were doing awesome out there, I still remember how we were watching you come around that turn!!!!

Tobin, man, hope you heal up quick and hop back on two wheels ASAP.

Crisco (MYSPACE)is not on this board, just a friend that is willing to come out occasionally and take pics for us. I hope to get some video the next time of each individual so we can all recap later and see what we are doing instead of just feeling how good we are doing.

Still can't wait to take a race school and join up with our brothers and sisters on the bigger tracks!!! So much to learn......

Damn Tobin.....ouch!!!! Tell the doctors to take care of you, we need you out there with us.

Damn that sucks Tobin hope you get better

Sorry I had to leave so early but my Truck Club was in a car show and I had to make an apperance.

I have more fun just being able to go watch you guys the photography is just a plus.
    Last edited by Crisco; Sun Apr 29th, 2007 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
    I have more fun just being able to go watch you guys the photography is just a plus.
    Hey Crisco, thanks for taking the pics and posting them up. That's some mighty fine work you did!

Tobin, heal up quick man. You're young. You be back onboard in no time.

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

badass pics, I need to get back up there soon, track looks much cleaner
    Did I hear that they are repaving in may ? I that gonna take all month,once its done is the price going back down?
    Heal up quick Tobin. Holla if you need help with anything k
    Basil +1 on the sharkskinz bro

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    Did I hear that they are repaving in may ? I that gonna take all month,once its done is the price going back down?
    Yep, they told me sometime in May for the repaving. I was out there on a Wednesday a couple of weeks back and a paving contractor was measuring the track. I believe I heard that it would only take a few days. No idea if the price will drop. I wouldn't bet on it.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Price will not drop, will remain at $35.00

Also, not sure which is correct, one guy said track will be down for a week, but another advised it will be down for 2 weeks.

I liked the comment that was made how we all are helping each other now, then once we all are in the MRA, "Damn, why did I help him?" "You're supposed to take those corners with one hand." I had a awesome time that day guys. See ya there next week.
    2006 DRZ SM
    2008 R6

hey has anyone seen my license plate? the last i remember i was looking from busted up shoulder to Dirk holding it in front of me with a smile on his face... Did it get into Chelsea's car or anything?
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

we haven't seen it, but will let you know if it turns up. If you can't find it, it costs something like 10 bucks or so for a new replacement one.

Newbie...Again!!! Lifetime Supporter ZX Rider's Avatar

Great day ! Too bad Bassil and Tobin went down.
    Well, it happens!
    Tobin heal up quickly man. You will be OK in two-three weeks (don't ask me how I know ).
    +1 for Jay !
    2010 ZX-10R

Quote Originally Posted by tobin View Post
    the last i remember i was looking from busted up shoulder to Dirk holding it in front of me with a smile on his face
    Must have been adrenalin 'cause it wasn't me.

I did see someone pick your plate up from the track after they got you off track but I don't remember who it was. I was flagging down the approaching riders while they were moving you off and picking up the (fortunately) small amount of debris on the track.

Someone (Adam maybe?) told me you were going to have surgery. That's unusual for a separation but yours did look pretty extreme. I've had more shoulder dislocations than I can remember and had to have my right shoulder rebuilt due to the damage to it from football injuries. Should have had the left one done too but it was a long rehab and my throwing motion was totally messed up so I moved on from football. I hope you don't have to go under the knife.

If you had to go down in that area, it's good you were farther along and missed the wall. I always take it a little easy through that turn because there's not much run-off and if you dump it, that wall is probably going to mess you up pretty bad. It's much better when they run the track counter-clockwise.

Looks like the R1 came out of it in reasonably good shape though.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Shea's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tobin View Post
    hey has anyone seen my license plate? the last i remember i was looking from busted up shoulder to Dirk holding it in front of me with a smile on his face... Did it get into Chelsea's car or anything?
    Yeah I put it in the trunk along with your gloves...
    Shea
    Now bikeless...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
    THERE IS NO TIME FOR RATIONAL SOLUTIONS!
    WE HAVE TO TAKE DRASTIC IRRATIONAL MEASURES NOW!
    LIVES ARE IN DANGER!

Had the girl check out the trunk and she found it. From what she said, it's obviously bent up but I'll have her drop it off at my work maybe tomorrow.

EDIT
    Might have to wait for another day for your plate. I am trying to find out if my neighbor is the guy that died on Saturday up in Bouler Canyon.
    Last edited by Slo; Mon Apr 30th, 2007 at 11:03 AM.

Talking Re: IMI today apr28

thanks man, i'm still in a sling. need to make another doctor's appointment here real soon. I'll get that plate from you sometime--I work at wadsworth and hwy 36 so maybe I can get it from you sometime when I'm around there, thanks for hanging onto it!
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word