Thread: Just got a zx9r and its hot! (literally)

Just got a zx9r and its hot! (literally)

97' zx9r.. The guage says all is cool, fan runs at half-way mark on guage and cools down slightly, fan shuts off.. but my ass and legs are really hot! Even running down the expressway.. Is this nornal? My 1987 air-cooled GPZ750 was never this hot.. its almost uncomfortable with just jeans on.. I can really feel it where my socks are exposed.. and boy, its nice to hear I have a hot ass from time to time but not like this!

Anybody have one of these beasts?

I bought with broken radiator from a tip-over.. replaced with used one.. I bled the water pump alittle after frying my ass for a half an hour.. (there is a fitting)... could I still have air somewhere? 50/50 glycol... filled to the top.. The guage has never gone passed half way even right after the radiator change.. I even pulled the thermostat and tried it.. just ran cooler on the guage buy not my ass.

joe
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice

Not really sure what to tell you - but since the radiator was just replaced I would star there and double check everyhting.

More of a bump than help....

Just as a follow-up to this... I found a air bleeder on the water pump. Bled the air and all is well.

Joe
    03 zx6rr (soon to be race)
    MRA#533 novice