Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BOOTS????

BOOTS????

i'm currently riding with just plain haha FUBU boots... i'm wondering if riding boots will make to much of a difference?

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: BOOTS????

Yes, especially if you fall down.

If you are about a size 9 I have an old pair that I'm happy to give to you.

good helmet good gloves and good boots are a must.
    i have sidi vert corsas i recommend dropping the coin on them. just about last pair you will need. damn near everything is replacable
    04 RC51

haha i acctually am around a size 8-9 do the boots run small at all

Quote Originally Posted by txrc51fatboy View Post
    good helmet good gloves and good boots are a must.
    i have sidi vert corsas i recommend dropping the coin on them. just about last pair you will need. damn near everything is replacable

i have a good helmet and gloves already... glad i have them

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by scottiegwood View Post
    haha i acctually am around a size 8-9 do the boots run small at all

I've got a couple old pair, you're welcome to try them both and take the ones that fit you.

I'm gone this week for Racing 2 Save Lives, but get with me the second weekn in may, I can bring them to the Breck for bike night or something if that works for you

Scott

damn too bad their not a little bigger. I really really need to get a pair. Any recommendations?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Site Admin

I'm wearing Oxtar's now and they are OK. If they fit you I really like Sidi boots.

They are all really quite good, A stars, Sidi, Oxtar, dainese. IF you really want to spend the big $$$ and look like a pro you can get a set of Daytona boots. Anyways, get what fits.

s

Personally I like the boots ICON has, I fell about a month ago with the Super Duty 2 boots @ about 60mph, and they held up extremely well just a little scuff, if I had other boots or shoes on I probably would of had a fucked up little toe. I just purchased the Field Armor Boots and have had these about 3 weeks. I love them to death and wouldnt trade them for anything, they are a little bigger so getting your foot under to shift is rough the first couple rides, but after the boot is worn in I like it a lot for a street boot. Just my .02

RYBO, I'm a 9 - 9 1/2 and looking for a pair for R2SL. Would you mind if I take a look at your old pair?
    I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

Site Admin

Banshee,

I'll bring them with to R2SL, find me. Bike is a red ducati #69.

Since I've already offered them up to scottieG, it would be unfair for me to give them to someone else, but you are welcome to use them for the event.

S

AKA "Devaclis"

Quote Originally Posted by Jobe View Post
    Personally I like the boots ICON has, I fell about a month ago with the Super Duty 2 boots @ about 60mph, and they held up extremely well just a little scuff, if I had other boots or shoes on I probably would of had a fucked up little toe. I just purchased the Field Armor Boots and have had these about 3 weeks. I love them to death and wouldnt trade them for anything, they are a little bigger so getting your foot under to shift is rough the first couple rides, but after the boot is worn in I like it a lot for a street boot. Just my .02
    I agree 100%. I too have the Field Armor Icon's I REALLY like them a lot. And they are easier on and off than a lot of boots I have tried on.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...115&division=1

First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

No worries. I wasn't trying to undercut Scottie, sorry if it sounded that way... I'm not quite THAT big of a jackass... (Well, depends on who you ask.) I may end up getting a pair before then anyways, but if he doesn't want them I'd be interested.
    I'm old enough to know better, but still too young to care.

Site Admin

I didn't think you were...I just like to say things out loud and then there isn't any confusion.

I'll bring the boots with, if you need them, use them. If not, they really don't take up that much room!

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I wrecked in a pair of Joe Rocket street boots (basically leather and toe sliders) and my foot got a lil messed up (took a tortion impact and got an occlusion fracture at the joint). After that, I decided it might be best to go with a pair of something a lil more armored for tortion impacts and picked up a set of Komodos...I have loved them so far!

For anyone looking for boots, I have a pair of the Joe Rocket streets in a size 44...the boots themselves are in good condition, but the velcro on the side is starting to peel a lil.

Also, the moto gear shop run by Lincoln Auto off Santa Fe had a fair number of street boots, mostly Tecnik and Rocket from what I saw and all were 50% off.
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    I've got a couple old pair, you're welcome to try them both and take the ones that fit you.

I'm gone this week for Racing 2 Save Lives, but get with me the second weekn in may, I can bring them to the Breck for bike night or something if that works for you

Scott

that sounds good... i should have my bike entirely street legal by then and i plan to come down if i don't have to work. if not i can work around your schedule and try to come and pick them up.

that is if they fit

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    I agree 100%. I too have the Field Armor Icon's I REALLY like them a lot. And they are easier on and off than a lot of boots I have tried on.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...115&division=1

how well do these boots do with ventilation?
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

AKA "Devaclis"

They do pretty well. It is surprising, I wore them all winter and my feet were never cold. I wore then at the end of last summer and through the fall and they never got warm.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

They vent a lot more than the Superduty 2 boots, I can def feel wind on my feet.

haha ventalation on my feet will be a welcome experiance... no more foot swamp haaha. we all know the ladies love the swamp haha

yeah boots i bet are worth it, i was wearing reeboks when i was cut off, and my ankle was shattered. i would like a pair of boots to ride in, i saw some on caliscott that looked nice.

I went down a couple of weekends ago wearing some Sidi boots, the right toe is scraped up but other than that they are fine. I have no foot/ankle problems after the crash. If I would have been wearing my hiking boots, my feet would probably be messed up.

They were the older version of the Sidi Sport Tepor Boots, they are still the same price ($180). They are very comfortable for everyday wearing/walking and for the most part look like regular boots under jeans.

i went by that discount gear place on santa fe just south of union. and i'm going to be buying some boots from him on saturday, so if you want to give those boots to someone else thats fine.

PS the guy has so much nice stuff all at at least 40% off its amazing