Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BOOTS????

Re: BOOTS????

next time someone goes down there could you get me the exact address. I'm really really bad with directions unless I mapquest it
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter t_jolt's Avatar

I know this is probably to much to ask, But because of my wonderful noobness. Are there any riding boots that could be worn all day at work? Or am i just asking a little to much? Also whats the feel on say a steel toe'd contruction boot? Thats what i wear to work.

Tyrel

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

Wearing anything is better than nothing (i.e. better than sandals or Reboks or what not). I personally didn't like riding in steel toes because they were more difficult to get under the shifter...I have been known to ride in "work boots" in my past but VASTLY prefer riding in moto boots. If you have to change to a uniform or something at work on a daily basis, just leave a change of shoes @ the office
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

AKA "Devaclis"

^^ Werd. Good over the ankle support and a solid non slip sole is more important than steel toes IMO
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

wow, thanks for making me feel stupid. Thats a perfect idea. I dont know why i didnt think of that.

Tyrel

AKA "Devaclis"

haha what? Who made you feel stupid? That was not my intention. Did Mel do that?
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Mel did a good job... hahaha
    Mitsujagvettecedes 1000RXTS GTR

Hand built by Jerry Garcia, Dan Gurney, Chuck Norris and Duntov's ghost. GT97 turbo,
    8WD, berilium pistons, titanium rods, unobtanium crank. Block forged from the dead souls of Mongol warriors. Depleted Uranium Dog box, Flubber tires, and stage 87 axles.

-1.07 @5.7c

now with bi-turbo goodness Site Admin Mel's Avatar

I did something good!

Oh, wait.....
    Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you

Quote Originally Posted by Beotch View Post
    I did something good!

Oh, wait.....
    ^^^^^^ hahahaha

right now i'm riding in steel toe work boots and don't really enjoy it. its a constant struggle to keep my foot far enough forward due to where the heel cuts off.... and i think that riding boots will eliminate this problem

Quote Originally Posted by t_jolt View Post
    I know this is probably to much to ask, But because of my wonderful noobness. Are there any riding boots that could be worn all day at work? Or am i just asking a little to much? Also whats the feel on say a steel toe'd contruction boot? Thats what i wear to work.

Tyrel
    A guy that I ride with works for Austin/Travis County EMS, he said that the steel toes can do some nasty stuff to the feet if you go down the wrong way with them, he did say that overall they are pretty good protection. The big drawback is shifter feel as previously stated.

The Sidi's that I had were great boots, very comfortable all day long. They have a flexible, low-profile Vibram-like sole and just looked like black boots for the most part.

Sidi Sport Tepror
    Last edited by bluedogok; Sun Oct 7th, 2007 at 09:14 PM.

Went to that shop off of santa fe and couldn't find any boots that fit me. They have some really good prices if they have what your looking for. My cousin did pick up a helmet for half off. They still have some boots left but not much. They've got a ton of jackets and still a lot of helmets. The only one piece leather that they got is a size 40 white and blue yamaha
    If you don't like me I'll shave your cat, steal your extension cords, not limited to your multiple supply outlet adapters and raid your fridge. Please don't let this inhibit you from contacting me, just be mortified;-p

Just had to bring this thread back up, becuase I wanted to mention how much it helped me out.

I just bought a new pair of Icon Field Armor boots, and although I love the looks and style and all that, holy freaking crap are they STIFF. I'm hoping that they loosen up a bit to make shifting a little easier. Love the easy on/off though!
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

Webman I just bought the same thing and I said the same thing,they are really stiff'so I've been wearing them as much as possible around the house ect and it seems to have helped so far.
    Work hard play harder!!!

Man, that's good to hear, cause they freakin suck, but I know they're nice boots. And after seeing nick go down this past Saturday and the injury to his ankle when not wearing actual riding boots, I can't wait to break those suckers in.
    2008 Honda CBR600RR - Graffiti
    2002 Yamaha WR250F

AKA "Devaclis"

They do break in and get a lot softer. I have actually already worn mine out. Bought them this Spring and they are worn through on the left toe from shifting. Like the boots a lot tho I will not be buying another pair. I need boots I can wear while at work and the Icons squeak mad!!

Do AS have the sqeeking prob?

I picked up a pair of Joe Rocket Orbit Boots last spring and use them as my work shoes... They look like Docs and when I finally got them broken in, they were/are no more or less comfortable that Docs.

If you're looking for something to commute in, these make a good choice. No need for the shoes at work thing.
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

AKA "Devaclis"

No clue. I am going back to the Magnum tactical boots. They were REALLY nice. Got the last pair at the Army/Navy surplus store on Broaway and Hampden.

http://www.magnumboots.com/magnum_06_elite_series.html

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow Bullet View Post
    Do AS have the sqeeking prob?
    I have a pair of AS S-MX's for weekend and long distance riding. I don't have any squeaking problems, but they were misery wearing to work. That's what I get for going waterproof I guess?!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by salsashark View Post
    I have a pair of AS S-MX's for weekend and long distance riding. I don't have any squeaking problems, but they were misery wearing to work. That's what I get for going waterproof I guess?!
    Good to know, im thinking about picking up some boots from AS
    Last edited by Yellow Bullet; Mon Oct 8th, 2007 at 02:07 PM.

Yellow bullet - My wife and I have A* SMX Plus and they definitely do squeak. Several of my buddies have the same boots and found that it is possible to get rid of the squeak with enough lube. For riding comfort and protection, everyone I know loves them. They are even quite comfortable off the bike. The only downsides are the squeaking and the warmth factor(if you don't get the perforated ones). Also - they fit a wider foot(not sure if that is good or bad). I couldn't even get Sidi's on because they were all so narrow.
    www.cocsba.com

'00 ZX12R
    '03 SV1000

Sweet man, I got a fairly wide foot.

Thanks man.... I like AS products.