Thread: forks

forks

ok bought a new set of forks. seals good to go. just need help dropping the forks that are on my bike and installing these. hopefully trying for this weekend or something can anyone help me out for some beers?

black and chrome 2006 cbr 1000 rr
    black and chrome 05 toyota tacoma
    csc representing

You could order a set of stands from Handy (cheapest) or get stands from many places locally... That way if you ever need to take the front apart again, you'd already have the tools...

You'd need stand #13000 (universal rear) and #13003 (headstock front). Alex has this exact set, and has been using them regularly for a couple of years...

http://www.handyindustries.com/welcome.asp

I've got the PitBulls, and they work better, but cost more.
    dave.
    "Helping motorcycles live up to their potential."
    www.STMSuspension.com

I actually got mine from Kowa, but they appear to be the same manufactur as the Handy stands. You can say the Pitbulls work "better" if you like, but all I know is my front stand came with pins for every possible bike, and both my stands cost the same or less than 1 Pitbull.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller

what are you doing friday? You can come by and we can switch out your forks? Got tools, stands, and you can bring the beer oh yea, got hotdogs and hamburgers too
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Where the pit bull stands "work better", at least IMO, is that they're easier to use. They have big handles and you don't need as much leverage to lift it. Also the pit bulls look to be made of some much more substantial material. If my bike is on a stand, I expect to be putting some force on it with tools and such. I've heard of the LP stands stress-fracturing and dropping bikes, so for me I want the best stand I can get. The $50 or $100 I might save on a stand, would be more than used up on bodywork or paint repair if that thing broke.

I think my Kowa rear has better leverage than a Pitbull, it definitely takes less force to lift. They lasted me all last season, and I plan on using them this season as well.

Don't get me wrong, the Pitbull stands are dope as hell, and very nicely made, and I agree the LP stands aren't very user-friendly. I just want to report the positive experience I've had with mine.
    Alex
    MRA #68
    http://www.3dstickfight.com/racing/
    Racing Performance Services, Racer Supply Co., Morse Racing Products
    ”Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature nor do the children of humankind as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing."
    -- Helen Keller