Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MT RUSHMORE TRIP

Ok, dudes and dudettes! I have been doing some rethink for the dates on this trip. June 25th is becoming increasingly difficult for more and more people, plus the weather has been extremely hot so far for the month. I am looking at pushing the dates back to around September time frame, let all of the hoopla blow through Sturgis and get a little more seasonal for "Plains" hwy riding. I definatley want to pull this off so give me some feedback.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500
    01 Jeep Cherokee <It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand>

alrighty then.....now I can "do" Sturgis & not have the guilt.

Well, since you asked.....that is my Birthday weekend and I was looking forward to it

But, September will be nice and cool

B-day weekend???? Oh my Gawwwwd. I cant dissappoint our little "Angel", if you want to rock to the Prez...then lets roll! Seriously, get the Harley you were going to rent and lets rollllll!!
    I still have the time, anyone else game pm me .

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

September sounds good given the current heat wave...

After talking to some peeps at Caldonia's on Wednesday, September is now what we are shooting for. I havent looked at the Calendar yet, but we are pushing it back.

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

High Mileage Month

This will be a real HIGH MILEAGE MONTH Ride The Divide happens at the front end ---- watch the employment thing pick up and I can't do either I'll just have to negotiate riding privileges
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

HAHA suckers! I beat you all here. I'm chillin in Rapid City right now and yes, chocolate pie is on the menu. :P

I'll scout out some roads for ya. Being unemployed has its benefits... but a severance package would have been nice.
    Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious.

Scope it out

Hey 'Fool'!! :

Scope out the state parks and check out the little cabins. I here they are way cool and cheap to hang in for the night . But tell me this .......... WHY RAPID CITY? I guess it can't be THAT backwards ----- you're yakin via I.P.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

Rapid City rocks!!
    They have something occur only 1 week a year at a little establishment that coincides during the Black Hills MC classic!! Not to be missed.

Fool, I can't imagine you'll be up in the Hills that long, but if you are, give a holler. I should be close by on 8/2.
    Sucks about yer job.....however, it seems to me a couple of years back, I went to Vegas with a bunch of unemployed yahoos that were having what appeared to me, the time of their life being unemployed!

Re: Scope it out

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Ninja
    WHY RAPID CITY? I guess it can't be THAT backwards ----- you're yakin via I.P.
    Gramma has broadband! I came up here to do a few chores, chill out in the AC, job search over the 'net, and enjoy Granny's good cookin'. It is HOT up here- I made the ride in 6 hours and when I pulled in at 0830 it was already 90F. I guess it's hot everywhere, though. As far as the little cabins go, they're everywhere. Camping's a cinch as long as you're not coming here during bike week. Custer state park is good riding but I haven't been too far out of Rapid yet. Apparently the Wyoming Staters have no sense of humor about the speed limits on the state highways. I made it through just fine since they were all sleeping but I've heard of people getting fined for +5MPH (of course I this was after I got here at mach1). I guess that fire season isn't going very well so you may have to be flexible on riding locations up here- something to think about.

Harry- I'll be back in CO by next thursday for a camping trip- I'm gonna have fun while I can, I'm just not going to pay for it.

I did the math

Dyscofool wrote:

It is HOT up here- I made the ride in 6 hours and when I pulled in at 0830 it was already 90F.
    So Dysco ---- you left on this road-trip after the bars closed @ 2:30 AM

The IBA type riding you've been doing has yer clock all screwed up! Glad you have those x-tra lamps huh?

If I could get those lamps to work, I'd be set. All they do now is look cool. I had my 'lectrical genius friend come over the other day and he said the harness provided by Hella was wired outside of their own specs. My high beam is pretty nice, though, and I can see critters at 200 yards. Riding at night has its advantages: no traffic, drivers who know that they're doing, and fewer LEOs...

Alright- I snagged a handful of Black Hills maps with all the attractions -and dirt roads- listed. It's pretty damn informative so I'll be passing them out at Caldonias on Wednesday to interested parties. I'll also be checking out camping spots but there are so many of them it's probably easier to just pull over at the nearest one and see what's available- esp after Bike Week.

Right on Dysco!! I will be seeing you at Cal's!

Chris
    U-Haul General Manager
    www.uhaul.com
    303.956.2975 v

04 Ducati ST3
    00 Mercedes Benz SL 500