Thread: Joe Rocket Pants - Who's Got 'Em?

Joe Rocket Pants - Who's Got 'Em?

I am getting ready for my track day, and need some zip-around Joe Rocket pants to match my jacket. However, I have not been able to find a store in the area that carries JR Supermoto or Speedmaster track pants. Before ordering them online, I'd like to get an idea of fit.

I'm a taller guy, 6'-1", 200+ lbs., 36 waist and 33 inseam. I have monkey arms and fit comfortably in my size 48 JR jacket. The is a smidge of extra room at the waist, but the 46 jacket was just way too short on the wrists to make it a practical option.

If anyone else out there has JR Supermoto or Speedmaster pants, I'd appreciate it if you could list your height/weight/waist stats, along with the pant size you wear. Hopefully I can get a good idea of the pants I need to order so I don't have to deal with returns. I'm thinking 38 will work based on the JR size chart - I just want to make sure I don't need a 40.

I promise I'm not creating a database of forum members' body-types!

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

Re: Joe Rocket Pants - Who's Got 'Em?

check out

www.newenough.com

they are simply the best mail order experience I've ever had. They are experts at fitting you right and if it doesn't work they are extremely good about exchanges.

Scott

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    I'm a taller guy, 6'-1", 200+ lbs., 36 waist and 33 inseam. I have monkey arms and fit comfortably in my size 48 JR jacket. The is a smidge of extra room at the waist, but the 46 jacket was just way too short on the wrists to make it a practical option.
    I am about the same size, 6-1 and 220, and I too seem to have longer than average arms. I have a couple of JR jackets and they are size 48. I have a pair of the JR Blaster pants, size 38, and they fit me well so I'm betting that's what you'll want. And I agree with Scott, New Enough will take very good care of you.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

From a girls perspective, I just bought some Phoenix textiles at Performance and the selling point was their length 'cuz of my long legs.

They are way comfy, too, breezy, but comfy (obviously not too familiar with tex pants)... now called my "Happy pants"
    Last edited by sprtbkbabe; Mon May 14th, 2007 at 07:16 PM.
    "Every Crotch is a Rocket" HDAVE

'09 Suzuki SV650
    '07 Honda CBR 600RR
    '14 1875 watt Conair

MRA#522

I was just at Performance today and saw some Joe Rocket track pants with a full zipper. I'm not sure what style, but they should give you an idea as to size, if you want to try some on.

Quote Originally Posted by sprtbkbabe View Post
    From a girls perspective, I just bought some Phoenix textiles at Performance and the selling point was their length 'cuz of my long legs.
    I may have to check out your long legs. I mean, your pants. Just to see how they fit - you know - in case I want to buy a pair of Phoenix. Purely informational. Think of it as a research project. Eh? I'm not selling this too well, am I?

Quote Originally Posted by sallina View Post
    I was just at Performance today and saw some Joe Rocket track pants with a full zipper.
    Are you SURE they had JR track pants? I know they have the full track suits, but I didn't see pants. I was just in that place on Saturday and there was nary a JR track pant to be found. It was like a swirling cosmic Joe Rocket vortex... and all their track pants got sucked in. They had Alpines, Techniks, etc., but no JR bottoms. If you can confirm your sighting before I haul my happy ass down there - that would be fabulous beyond words.

Fabulous indeed, my friend!

Quote Originally Posted by JustSomeDude View Post
    If you can confirm your sighting before I haul my happy ass down there - that would be fabulous beyond words.
    I stopped to look at them because they had a full zip and my MotoGP pants only have a short zipper in the back. I thought they were JR, but I wouldn't swear to it. Maybe if you call, they can confirm for you?

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sallina View Post
    Maybe if you call, they can confirm for you?
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

size 38 non-track JR pant at that closeout place on santafe. They were like $140.

I purchased a pair of JR blaster perforated pants at Performance on Saturday. There were about 5 pairs hanging on the rack next to the A* pants.