Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunday Dec. 8th - 17th Annual Harley-Davidson Toy Run

Sunday Dec. 8th - 17th Annual Harley-Davidson Toy Run

Last year we had about 15-20 bikes. Let's see if we can't double that this year!

Show you care & be part of a 20-minute-long parade of bikes to the Children's Hospital. Bring a new unwrapped toy for sick child.

Complete details on the Calendar page of the website:
    http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/club/calendar.html

See you there!

Definitely, I hope we can get a big turnout this year! Seriously guys, it's an awesome way to freeze your butt off on a Sunday morning. :mrgreen:

If you're not sure what you should bring as a gift, they have put up a "wish list" of ideas at:
    > http://www.rmh-d.com/pdf/docs/wish_list2002.pdf <
    You will need Acrobat viewer to see this as it's a PDF file.

Now the question is, do I go with the reindeer antlers on the helmet again, or something better? We shall see...

Board Newbie

if the harleys won't mind a bunch of jap bikes showing up, and as long as our bikes don't end up in some bon fire, then count us in. (us-my girlfriend and i, she refuses to learn to ride her own bike but having passengers, especially in december, helps keep you warm)
    i love to work on my own bike and to fix up the old ones (every bike needs love).

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

WE ARE IN

:arrow: A few of us from the north will be in attendance............. WITH BELLS ON !!
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Re: .

Quote Originally Posted by weatherman
    if the harleys won't mind a bunch of jap bikes showing up, and as long as our bikes don't end up in some bon fire, then count us in. (us-my girlfriend and i, she refuses to learn to ride her own bike but having passengers, especially in december, helps keep you warm)
    It's no problem at all! Like spidey said, last year we had 15-20 bikes show. All of the people there are way cool, they're bikers too. Just different tastes is all. I was a bit aprehensive at first as well, but they're an awesome group (all 7,000-some of them :mrgreen. Worst case we'll just let Harry deal with them, he's a harley transient too. heh.

If you're bringing your girlfriend maybe I'll give her some photo duties. Last year I had my g/f photo and video the ride itself, but she can't come this year and I don't think I can manage both myself without taking out other riders... Or someone else who is riding two-up, just let me know.

I'm there too...see ya @ Panera in Highlands Ranch @ 8:30.

This is a great ride to also bring along a child to get them into a safe fun MC environment. Or bring your s.o. or even your dog. *****If you do choose to bring a little kid, I'd strongly suggest ear plugs for the little ones,(loud pipes wake the dead ya know)

For anyone in need of a turkey, you could participate in a turkey run this upcoming Sunday too. If interested it's again sponsored by RMHD 303-703-2885.

damn it and me with no street bike to ride. hmmmm....... may have to beg steal or borrow a bike for it again this year

Bryce Random racing MRA #418

Since it's the Season of giving........ You can ride the DRZ 400S for say a Guiness,(ok so I'm not exactly giving)- or an Americano @ the bread place.

Unless it's snowing big time,(then I'll be having to ride it ya know) :wink:

Should that be the case however...I'm sure you could ride Sway

's pillon, cuz she rides year round too.

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

"CSC - Meet up and ride (with) your fellow members..."

I really hope it's not snowing big time, my pilot sports are sticky but I don't think they're *that* sticky. :mrgreen:

DEC 8TH RIDE

Count me in as well.......should be way cool. I hope some great pics will come out of it as well!
    And try to keep the bonfires down to a min, hmm, Santa suit and a red VFR......should I bring a Ms. Claus???? :wink:

Chris

I think we need an official CSC Stripper/Cheerleader gang in tight leathers to ride along... Yes, that would be good. For some of us anyway. Even the harley crowd would have to give props to that... (hmm, little elf suits for christmas?) Ok this is pretty off topic now so I'll stop.

Quote Originally Posted by rforsythe
    I think we need an official CSC Stripper/Cheerleader gang in tight leathers to ride along... Yes, that would be good. For some of us anyway. Even the harley crowd would have to give props to that... (hmm, little elf suits for christmas?) Ok this is pretty off topic now so I'll stop.
    I don't know if leather is, well, um.. seasonal.

I was thinking something more along these lines:

Mind you, the gear police might come after us, not to mention the CHILL factor!

thanks Harry I'll have to keep in touch with you on that near the day of the ride

Bryce Random racing MRA #418

So speaking of wheelies spidey :mrgreen:, you were right! Got going from a stop, about 3k RPM (the torque kicks in low on mine fo' sheezy!) just rolled on and gave it a little tug - she comes right up NO problem, and I was doing that both ways of my commute today plus the work parking lot. heh. I think tomorrow I'll play with 2nd gear roll-ons (i.e. no bounce), if I hit the power curve just right I'm guessing I can pop it up pretty easily, if what I'm doing in first is any indication.

I can comment from personal experience.... RMHD doesn't care what you ride. Just ride!

Depending on circumstances, I will probably be there as a HOG passenger. I might be willing to take some pics if you ask nicely...

Quote Originally Posted by Rue
    I can comment from personal experience.... RMHD doesn't care what you ride. Just ride!

Depending on circumstances, I will probably be there as a HOG passenger. I might be willing to take some pics if you ask nicely...
    Not gonna represent the sportbike riders huh?

:mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman
    I was thinking something more along these lines:

Mind you, the gear police might come after us, not to mention the CHILL factor!
    Umm, well I of course need someone to take some pics ... of the ride, yeah that's it... So she should ride with me! hahahaha (just picturing my girlfriend's reaction to that one) :mrgreen:

Chill factor might be a GOOD thing spidey! Ok now that I've managed to offend the entire female contingency in one post, I'll quit for now. (Hey, we never said this board was politically correct! heh Just gotta keep milehigh from posting p0rn and we'll be ok...)

COME ON RUE.........

Hey Rue, we need the posing of women on sport bikes!!!! Besides it would be a blast!

Chris

Chill factor might be a GOOD thing spidey!
    It all fun & games until somebody gets POKED in the eye! :wink:

Not gonna represent the sportbike riders huh?

:mrgreen:
    Well.... here's the deal:

1. I don't know that I'm personally ready to ride in a group that size. That's just me being honest and safe.

2. I have a personal connection with RMHD and I've been bugging a certain someone to take me on one of his dad's big rides for years but it's never panned out. I was hoping that this time might be different considering the conversation I had with him last week. I'll wear my Joe Rocket jacket in support of my fellow sportbike freaks while seated on the back of a beautiful Fatboy. If that doesn't pan out... well I could show up to wish ya'll well on your voyage. (unless of course someone else would like a back warmer.... )

3. I can still take pictures.

Well.... here's the deal:

1. I don't know that I'm personally ready to ride in a group that size. That's just me being honest and safe.

2. I have a personal connection with RMHD and I've been bugging a certain someone to take me on one of his dad's big rides for years but it's never panned out. I was hoping that this time might be different considering the conversation I had with him last week. I'll wear my Joe Rocket jacket in support of my fellow sportbike freaks while seated on the back of a beautiful Fatboy. If that doesn't pan out... well I could show up to wish ya'll well on your voyage. (unless of course someone else would like a back warmer.... )

3. I can still take pictures.
    1. After seeing it last year, it sounds a lot scarier than it is. Everyone there is absolutely concerned about safety, I think there were quite a few new riders there last year as well. We never get above 30mph anyway. My girlfriend was a new rider last year when she went on my bike, and commented to me that she would have been comfortable in that group after seeing how things went. That's your call though, I understand.

2. There's no wishing us anything! You show up, you come. :mrgreen: We'll have room for ya if your HD ride doesn't pan out, or if you don't ride yourself. However we understand if you want to ride on the Harley, like you said it doesn't matter what you ride.

3. Good, I'll give ya the camera then.

SANTA RIDE

Your always welcome on the back of my VFR Rue........

Chris

yeah it seemed real safe last year 'cept for me and barn riding wheelies the whole time!!!

Bryce Random racing MRA#418

Quote Originally Posted by Bryce
    yeah it seemed real safe last year 'cept for me and barn riding wheelies the whole time!!!

Bryce Random racing MRA#418
    Don't think you'll have to worry about that this year. :mrgreen: