Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Another downed rider....

Re: Another downed rider....

Quote Originally Posted by Theory123 View Post
    I want to take space on this thread to thank JustSomeDUde for slowing down on the ride last weekend to make sure I was still upright. I was going at my own pace on a road that I havent been on (up by squaw pass). Road was pretty bumpy and I'm still a little nervous with the new bike. Thanks for the comradery!

Now lets all cross our fingers that the weather clears up by this weekend!
    Now, that's some leadership traits right there!

'06 SV650S

Last edited by UpOn1; Thu May 24th, 2007 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Theory123 View Post
    I want to take space on this thread to thank JustSomeDUde for slowing down on the ride last weekend to make sure I was still upright. I was going at my own pace on a road that I havent been on (up by squaw pass). Road was pretty bumpy and I'm still a little nervous with the new bike. Thanks for the comradery!
    No prob! I remember my first few times down that road - scared the poop out of me. I had leaders who waited up to make sure I was OK... so I do the same when I see some one disappear from my rear-view mirrors - especially if I know it's their first time on a road.

I'm glad you were also able to ride your own ride - and didn't worry about trying to keep up. That's what we all should strive to do when we hop on 2 wheels. I probably shouldn't have gotten worried so soon!

I have already spoken with Mike and Tobin through AIM and PM's.... seems as though everyone including myself has learned something from this. So it's time to move on and just keep getting better as a community.

The CSC is like an extended family, things don't always go so smoothly but here it is much more tight knit than any car forum I have been on.

We both have said things a bit out of anger, and I admit since I recently lost another friend due to bad decisions, it may not have been the best of times to post the thread.

Not that I'm of any help but if either of you called me for anything, I would still do my best to help out.
    Last edited by Slo; Thu May 24th, 2007 at 11:58 AM.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Everyone makes mistakes, its what you learn from those mistakes thats important.

Now get on that bike!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UpOn1 View Post
    There have been quite a few people that have influenced me in a very positive way on this forum, which i greatly appreciate. All the rest that I quoted, who are ignored, fuck you, I roll with the best.

"not a thread to get everyone to hate these 2 people"

..." Umm or not at all?!? "

"Call'em out J! "

"Neither were what I considered friends" "But no, we will not be friends."

"I won't be associating with them"

"People already recognize your bikes as something negative."

"ARE you forreal with this shit brah you and tobin and that other asshat on the honda right. "

"you fuck heads. You wont be gettin any invites from me forsure."

"I wouldnt worry about getting any help from me and any of my people."

"I will NOT ride with these 's. What a crew of inconsiderate ass-hats "

Just consider, all the negative energy you put out will come back around.

I'm done apologizing,

I love how we bond together in this club to discriminate against riders with different predilection to riding, it really does make the bike community grow stronger, with people that are faker than a blue eyed cracker nailed to a crucifix, I just had to get that shit off my chest like breast reduction

and N1KSS1KS1x, nick, I'm not even quoting your shit, it's like you've got down syndrome at your fingertips.... I'm not your BRAH... bro. Trust this, you can't offend me
    May I suggest deportation?
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

is this E-BONICS? EUBONICS? Eukanuba? Teletubbies?? I am guessing dude is the Purple one.....

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    ARE you forreal with this shit brah you and tobin and that other asshat on the honda right.
    Dawg you guys had me embarressed with you guys I had 4 differant people ask me if you guys where with me and How I knew you. I made a stop in my ride to meet up with you fuck heads. You wont be gettin any invites from me forsure.
    Crowdin me and that guy that wanst even with us in while passin all the jags was bullshit and then all the crazy and unsafe passin shit you guys did is all good if you wanna ride that way by yourself I dont care its your life but damn you makin all rest of us look like shit when you ridin with that many bikes. I got so many of those jags owners lookinat me efed off and flipping me off cause of you fools. AND WTF good lookin out BRAH and waitin for me right after I told I wasnt gonna lead you cause that didnt matter in the first section and you were ridin a little crazy for me and that I would come around you at the bottom to show you where the place was. We wernt even 4 turns in and I went to flip my visor down and it came undone and I had to stop and take off my gloves, my lid,fix the shit and roll. All of the slow group stopped and waited for me so I gave umm a thumbs up and there lead rider lead them off. Did you even wonder what happend to me? Seeing how over half of the way down was raining. Not one of you asked me what happend once we got down there either again good lookin out, You guys seem like you would be real good friends.
    Anyways sorry for the rant. I had a bad feeling something bad was gonna happen with her being with you guys. Thats sucks for her. I learned what I needed to learn from ya. I wouldnt worry about getting any help from me and any of my people.

Douche Yearly Supporter Sortarican's Avatar

Interesting thread to say the least.
    Actually a nice mix of personal opinions, ranting, and less emotionally charged but benifitial points on riding styles.

Thumbs up to those that have helped reel in the emotions when they started running a little in the redline.

I've ridden with Jay once, and all his self defacing comments to the contrary, he his quick.
    Quick, but very safe.

On the one ride I went on with him we delt with rain, snow, a lot of sand, and traffic.
    I thought everyone did a nice job of riding together for a very mixed group of bikes and riding levels.
    (Another good ride lead by Pilot, per usual.)
    Had one rider go down due to sand, and the lead group was just mounting up to go back and check when he rolled in.

One issue that's come up in this thread that I've wondered about was the topic of drinking.

On the ride I mentioned I had a Bloody Mary with my lunch (mild hangover from the night before had kicked in).
    I didn't consider that a danger to myself or the public, was already riding pretty slowly and planned to continue at a mild pace.
    I'd never have more than maybe one beer on a group ride, and not even one if planning to ride for speed.
    Maybe it's a leftover mindset from poker runs and the hardley days.

So what's the attitude CSC?
    Zero tolerance?
    Moderation?
    Case by case, judgement call?

BTW,
    Anyone I ride with please feel free to tell me if my drinking even half a 3.2 beer makes you nervous.

Riding with friends, and knowing they feel comfortable riding with me, is more enjoyable than
    the coldest beer on the hotest day, or the fastest run on the nicest stretch of twisties.
    Last edited by Sortarican; Thu May 24th, 2007 at 11:14 AM.
    Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls would scarcely get your feet wet.

Geriatric Curmudgeon Lifetime Supporter Nick_Ninja's Avatar

I belong to a club who's motto is SMOKE DRINK RIDE And you wouldn't believe who's in it. No ----- I won't tell you or any of your buddies either.
    "Its all about the motorbikes, always has been and always will be.". ~~ Ewan McGregor 2007

"It's hard to play the blues when nuthin's really wrong."~~ ---- Joe Walsh 2012

I.B.A. # 14748 124@X - YRMV

Quote Originally Posted by thida_r6 View Post
    hi everyone. thanks to all for your well wishes and concern. i'm sorry for everything and all the mistakes that i made. i learned quite a bit from this thread and i wish i could start over with everyone but i can't. i'm pretty resilient so i'm sure you'll see me around. take care everyone.
    Thida, the good thing is you're OK! I'm relatively new to riding myself, and it is sometimes difficult for me to stick to my own ride, and not push myself to hang with the pack. It's a balance between pushing ourselves and riding within our limits - while striving to learn more from the seasoned veterans out there. There are times when I know the people I'm riding with plan to grip it and rip it, and I tell them straight up, "I might not keep up - so don't wait for me!"

Keep your chin up and get back in that saddle!!

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Like I said earlier, I believe this situation can end positively. I have seen a much welcomed change from the initial defensive lashing out to true attempts to recognize mistakes and deal with them. I believe the parties involved can work this out and all grow from it. A cooling off period will be good and I'd encourage bystanders to resist the temptation to add further inflammatory comments to the thread. I am impressed and encouraged by the attempts of the people involved to stay focused on the goal of becoming better and safer riders despite all of the negativity tossed back and forth in this thread. Situations like this can end with everyone pissed off and walking away. Or they can end with mistakes being recognized and addressed, with riders remaining committed to helping each other. I truly believe that was the intent of this thread to begin with and Jay has said that the recent death of a friend simultaneously motivated and clouded the thread. I can, on a very personal level, identify with that. I have talked to Mike behind the scenes, and I am impressed with the response I have gotten from him. The rest of us should just let things cool off and this will get worked out in a way that leads to growth for all of us. Ultimately, that's what's important.

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by AshliRider44 View Post
    Nobodys excited. Jeez!!

Not that I really think speeding through the canyons and doing wheelies is that smart either
    you know DK can't do a wheelie....

No matter our intentions, when we kill the innocent, we become the enemy.

I'm getting better, I've been practicing on this R6 this clown left me in my garage.

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Strange how the 600 picks its head up easier then the liter... hmmmmm

btw you need to hang out with this clown some more!

No matter our intentions, when we kill the innocent, we become the enemy.

Ya, "Ebony" does not have a pizza sproket on it like someone's bike!

Let me know when your taking a break from Circus Circus and we can fix that bike!

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    She said she was doing 80+ and still couldn't keep up.
    Have her contact me, bro. The fastest I go on non-highways is 64 MPH. On I70 or 36 and then I might be doing 70-80. And I don't even think about stuntin'. I know I have no skills.

I'm a troll. Ignore me.

My brain cant parse this stupid paragraph.

From your paragraph (after glancing at it for 5 seconds) i believe you're a tard.

Quote Originally Posted by N1KSS1KS1x View Post
    ARE you forreal with this shit brah you and tobin and that other asshat on the honda right.
    Dawg you guys had me embarressed with you guys I had 4 differant people ask me if you guys where with me and How I knew you. I made a stop in my ride to meet up with you fuck heads. You wont be gettin any invites from me forsure.
    Crowdin me and that guy that wanst even with us in while passin all the jags was bullshit and then all the crazy and unsafe passin shit you guys did is all good if you wanna ride that way by yourself I dont care its your life but damn you makin all rest of us look like shit when you ridin with that many bikes. I got so many of those jags owners lookinat me efed off and flipping me off cause of you fools. AND WTF good lookin out BRAH and waitin for me right after I told I wasnt gonna lead you cause that didnt matter in the first section and you were ridin a little crazy for me and that I would come around you at the bottom to show you where the place was. We wernt even 4 turns in and I went to flip my visor down and it came undone and I had to stop and take off my gloves, my lid,fix the shit and roll. All of the slow group stopped and waited for me so I gave umm a thumbs up and there lead rider lead them off. Did you even wonder what happend to me? Seeing how over half of the way down was raining. Not one of you asked me what happend once we got down there either again good lookin out, You guys seem like you would be real good friends.
    Anyways sorry for the rant. I had a bad feeling something bad was gonna happen with her being with you guys. Thats sucks for her. I learned what I needed to learn from ya. I wouldnt worry about getting any help from me and any of my people.

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    BTW,
    Anyone I ride with please feel free to tell me if my drinking even half a 3.2 beer makes you nervous.

Riding with friends, and knowing they feel comfortable riding with me, is more enjoyable than
    the coldest beer on the hotest day, or the fastest run on the nicest stretch of twisties.
    I'm impressed! We need more people like you

'06 SV650S

Business in the front, party in the back! CYCLE_MONKEY's Avatar
    The white section of Aurora (Tallyn's Reach)

Forreal BRAH, it's foshizzle I won't be riding with some-drizzle who 'cain't even speak proper English-nizzle.

My .02? The lead riders are not parents, or hall-monitors. I believe their responsibility is only to make it very clear to the noobs that they should NOT try and keep up if they feel they're over their head, and that the group WILL wait. That said, the noob still needs to ride their OWN bike. I can tell my son HOW to ride a bicycle, and help him with it, but I can't ride it for him, nor can I prevent him from ever biffing it. Lets hope everyone learns from this. The 2 guys, the unfortunate girl, and the rest of us. Hey, maybe even some of us will learn grammar!
    --------------------------------------------------
    "...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

-Theodore Roosevelt 1907
    Blu/Wht '01 Gixxer 1K, '91 KX500
    Tokin' SortaTalian
    (Pronounced: Kind-A-Dago)

fosur brah...and I'm glad to hear she wasn't seriously injured.
    John
    KTM Duke 690

Board Newbie

I've riden a lot with new riders. I think the single most important thing is to remind---to the point where they are annoyed by the repitition---that a new rider should never, under any circumstances, try to keep up with an experienced rider. This is one of the main causes of crashes for new riders, "I didn't want them to think I was inexperienced." Tell new riders that you'll wait for them, and always drive in your comfort zone. And also, it doesn't make sense to have a new rider when you know you're riding fast----then people shoudn't bother to bring them. (all-right, have I reached 15 posts yet??!! ) Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Sortarican View Post
    I thought everyone did a nice job of riding together for a very mixed group of bikes and riding levels.
    (Another good ride lead by Pilot, per usual.)
    Thanks Jeff, I always enjoy a good jaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by CYCLE_MONKEY View Post
    Forreal BRAH, it's foshizzle I won't be riding with some-drizzle who 'cain't even speak proper English-nizzle.

My .02? The lead riders are not parents, or hall-monitors. I believe their responsibility is only to make it very clear to the noobs that they should NOT try and keep up if they feel they're over their head, and that the group WILL wait. That said, the noob still needs to ride their OWN bike. I can tell my son HOW to ride a bicycle, and help him with it, but I can't ride it for him, nor can I prevent him from ever biffing it. Lets hope everyone learns from this. The 2 guys, the unfortunate girl, and the rest of us. Hey, maybe even some of us will learn grammar!
    For the most part here, I'm going to have to agree with Frank. Personally, I like to make a quick stop (when there are unfamiliar riders) and ask how the "pace" is. Then let the group know how the group feels. With well planned out stops (not too many, please) everyone can manage their best (safest?) pace.

We keep talking about "ride your own ride", agreed but with this thought in mind... Always, always work on technique. At the beginning of each ride I like to have a personal plan in mind. Ex: Today I'm going to work on looking through the turns.

Ride safe, have fun and for God's sake, please wear as much safety gear as you can afford.

Well, nuff said.