Thread: Another downed rider....

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another downed rider....

*****EDIT*****
    This is not a thread to get everyone to hate these 2 people, hopefully it'll educate others and possibly avoid something very bad in the future.
    *****end of edit*****

Alright, seriously dissapointed here in a couple of newer members of this board, you both know who you are so we will keep it "nameless". I suggest you don't reply to this thread and possibly take it as a costly learning point at the expense of a girl that I know.

I have a female friend in Boulder that is new to bikes, already been down a couple of times and needs help with riding from competent experienced riders. So she has been looking for others to help her ride. She obviously found the wrong people.

Sunday, she decides to go riding from Boulder with these 2 people and they end up stopping somewhere, have a little bit (not sure how little) to drink and take off to go riding. She said she was doing 80+ and still couldn't keep up. Accident occurred which was deemed as her fault but these two guys were far enough ahead of her that they didn't know she went down and ended up coming back a little later while she was waiting for the ambulance.

All this stuff with wheelies, or stoppies out in traffic, doing 80+ down broadway has got to stop. If you want to ride spirited, choose the right time and place.....along with the right people. Don't take a newbie and endanger them trying to show off you "skills". Theres a reason why I don't ride with these people in the street any longer, but now after this, obviously I won't be associating with them either.

Injuries were not life threatening, road rash on her leg(s).

And I have people asking me why I don't ride in the street anymore?
    Last edited by Slo; Mon May 21st, 2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added more comments