Thread: Newbie

Hey guys... just joined the site and was doing some prodding around. Wow, track day forum, canyon carving, even stunting? I think this forum was made for me. Heres a vid I made a while ago... still have some work to do. Sorry for the watermark in advance.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY-xdKcZ13g

Re: Newbie

Cool Now we need an SV video

'06 SV650S

Ha! Thats the wife's bike for the most part.... good luck catching me doing wheelies on that! I've actually tried a couple times, but it "didn't have enough power" while I had my 929. Haven't actually tried it since I got the 30 hp motard. Maybe while shes gone tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by tarded400 View Post
    Ha! Thats the wife's bike for the most part.... good luck catching me doing wheelies on that! I've actually tried a couple times, but it "didn't have enough power" while I had my 929. Haven't actually tried it since I got the 30 hp motard. Maybe while shes gone tomorrow...
    The SV didn't have enough power for a wheelie? Wow...that's crazy. Must have been a big change to the '06 model.

'06 SV650S

Well like I said I was used to my 929... as far as I know theres no changes from 03-06. Do you clutch yours or just power em up? I'm so used to the motard with really short gearing and light weight... it'll be different on the SV. And I don't really wanna practise tomorrow, being Memorial Day with cops everywhere. I met my father in law in Nederland on saturday, and he said he counted something like 25 cops in 30 miles, and every cop I saw (20?) had someone pulled over- they weren't just rollin with the flow, every time they got done with a stop they'd find someone else. Luckily it wasn't me!!

I'll wheelie that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by tarded400 View Post
    Well like I said I was used to my 929... as far as I know theres no changes from 03-06. Do you clutch yours or just power em up? I'm so used to the motard with really short gearing and light weight... it'll be different on the SV. And I don't really wanna practise tomorrow, being Memorial Day with cops everywhere. I met my father in law in Nederland on saturday, and he said he counted something like 25 cops in 30 miles, and every cop I saw (20?) had someone pulled over- they weren't just rollin with the flow, every time they got done with a stop they'd find someone else. Luckily it wasn't me!!
    Power Up. I'm not proficient with the clutch method thus far.

'06 SV650S

Whenever I tried to clutch i up it just spins. Damn those long lasting tires!!

Gold Member

let the air out of the tire... 15 pounds no more spin...

Lol yeah... no WAY she'd notice that... and she took it to work so no fun for me... One reason I love the motard so much is the low speed of the wheelies. I don't need a freakin football field to wheelie off power like my 929. Hopefully I'm getting better, I used to just use the power and revs of my cbr, but theres neither in the DRZ.