gotta love spring riding in colorado.. started a ride in t-shirt weather (was wearing a vented mesh jacket, helmet, jeans, and light gloves)
went up towards the hills and still golden. got about halfway and it got really freakin cold (this is whear i start wishin i had a sport touring bike with saddle bags for extra gear)
first it got cold, then the rain to dampen the clothes and stick them nicely to my skin.. Hail soon followed and since my clothes were already clung to my skin i had nothing to kill the sting from the hail. then it got a little colder. (this would be mother nature kicking me when im already down) so i decide to get the heck outta there and head back.. about ten miles of riding in rain puts me south of the storm.. dry roads, sunny sky, wind, nothing more.. so whats going on now? well.. im soaking wet to the bone, and the lovely wind is catching the country side and blowing it all around. so the dirt and dust is having a tar and feather effect on me.. needless to say, by time i got home i felt about like a 150 grit sheet of sandpaper.. (mother nature salting the wound)
but all in all.. it happens all the time tho.. only when i do bring the right gear is when its hot as hell and then i just roast.. good ol murphy strikes again! happy spring riding!!!