Thread: Might be moving to Denver

Might be moving to Denver

From the NoVa/DC area.

What's the track situation out there?

We have Summit Raceway and VIR here. BeaveRun PA, and Nelson Ledges are 7 hrs away, Jennings and some of the other east coast attractions are a good days ride.

Looking for NESBA, TPM, CornerSpeed, or thier equivs out there.

Thanks

Re: Might be moving to Denver

I'm relatively new to motorcycling so I can't give you all the nitty gritty - but it is my understanding that we are currently in one of the worst stretches in Colorado track history. Many of the well known/popular tracks close to Denver have closed over recent months/years due to noise complaints.

There are plans for new tracks in the future further east, away from pissy residents, but those are at least 18 months away from reality (some claim spring 2008 - we'll see). Right now, the decent tracks relatively close to Denver include Pueblo Motorsports Park (about 2.5 hours south), and Miller Motorsports Park in Utah (8 hour drive). PMP track day for CSC (this forum) members is July 29th, and a Miller NESBA track event is going on August 19th and 20th.

I grew up in NE PA, and I can tell you straight up that we don't have near the abundance/availability of tracks out here that they do back east.
    Last edited by JustSomeDude; Wed May 30th, 2007 at 06:53 AM.

Well that's a more than a little depressing...

I consider anything within 4-5 hours an easily accessible track, 8 hours and you're really looking at a weekend (which is fine), and that can be a problem when many of the track days are during the week
    2005 GSXR-600 - Prepped for the 08 race season!
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-600 Alstare - STOLEN
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD
    1981 Kawi 440z - Being Cafe'd

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

There is one other opportunity within about 5 hours of denver in Hastings Nebraska.

Since you're in that neck of the woods already (and I don't know what your move date is) check out Racing 2 Save Lives. We're having an event at VIR in August!

www.racing2savelives.org

Yea that got posted on www.dcsportbikes.net a while back. Some girl out there (think she rides a CBR1000... yes it's sad when those are the details you remember about someone) in Denver posted it up. CBRChick13 posted it up.
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by Gixrben View Post
    Yea that got posted on www.dcsportbikes.net a while back. Some girl out there (think she rides a CBR1000... yes it's sad when those are the details you remember about someone) in Denver posted it up. CBRChick13 posted it up.
    Yup... that would be me! The whole being called a spammer thing made me hesitant to post up more there

Welcome to the CSC!
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

Don't take it personally... that's true DC style right there.
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD

HAHAHAHAHA

They did offer to validate you if you flashed them
    http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/sh...ing+save+lives
    2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD

HAHAHAHAHA

They did offer to validate you if you flashed them
    http://www.dcsportbikes.net/forum/sh...ing+save+lives
    Yah yah yah
    '05 Titanium 1000RR

Missed some info in there.... Tracks in 'reasonable proximity' and time to get there (doing no more than 5 over to get there)

Highplanes Raceway (new track) 45min, will be done spring 08 (center line of the track is already staked out, and the track layout is awesome! it is going to have a corkscrew turn... (ie 40 foot blindish drop) and have a longer straightaway then pueblo and MAJOR elevation changes) pretty freaking cool

Pueblo Motorsports Park - 1.5 Hours (at MOST 2 hours away from downtown denver... if you live on the south side of town, plan 1.25 hours)

Hastings NE - 5.5 Hours

Sandia Motorsports Park, Albuquerque NM - 6.5-7 Hours

Miller Motorsports Park Tooele, UT - 8 hours

(other tracks in the 8-10 range) Mid America, Kansas 8ish Hours, Hallett Oklahoma 8ish-9 Hours, Arroyo Seco, Deming, NM- 10 Hours

(others in the 10-12 range) Las Vegas Classic Course and Infield Course and spencer schools (and Las Vegas!) 11.5-12 Hours, Spring Mountain Motorsports Ranch (aka Pahrump) 12.5 Hours.

So there are some REALLY cool track around that are worth making a nice weekend out of.... and if you really want to push were only 15-16 hours from cali tracks.

Jason
    Jason Leleck
    MRA #399

Faster Motosports, XBAM!, Unink, Printworks, Leo Vince Exhaust, Gaerne Boots, Bridgestone, Chickenhawk Racing, Ferodo Brakes, Woodcraft-CFM

Jason-

Is there anywhere on-line that has any information on the new track, High Plains Raceway? I'm pretty excited about the possibility of this being so close to us and all the speculation surrounding it.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

that's a bit more encouraging. I'd LOVE to make a long weekend out of Buttonwillow, Willowsprings, or Laguna. Out here I spend an hour and a half just getting 25 miles to work, so driving isn't really an issue, I can drive forever.

Highplanes sounds awesome! VIR has some great elevation changes, and blind turns. If any of you get out this way in the next six months be sure to hit me up... it's easy to scrounge an extra bike up

looking like the tentative move date is Nov. I don't imagine I'll be riding a lot beyond November out there until the next spring anyway.

Here are my two favorite girls:

4 da track

4 da street (sans every sticker the previous owner ever had, the chrome wheels - which I sold for profit, then directly spent on tires *sigh*, and all the parts listed in my sig added)

2004 Ducati 620 - SOLD
    2003 GSXR-750 - SOLD
    2001 GSXR-600 - SOLD

From the NoVa/DC area.

What's the track situation out there?

We have Summit Raceway and VIR here. BeaveRun PA, and Nelson Ledges are 7 hrs away, Jennings and some of the other east coast attractions are a good days ride.

Looking for NESBA, TPM, CornerSpeed, or thier equivs out there.

Thanks
    You forgot the Poconos

'06 SV650S