Thread: Lost Focus

Red face Lost Focus

Lost focus heading the straight at PMP. I fixated on his bike and not where I was and missed brake point.javascriptl('http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b6067cf-f00e-4f82-a5cc-9941014704b5.htm');

Re: Lost Focus

what's the point? did you hit the guy or just run off?

just run off. Like it said just lost focus nothing bad happened.

Little different animal...that straight at PMP, huh? I know some of the "top" guys are hitting 180+ on that straight. The littlest distraction can turn into bad news quick. Looks like you did a good job just taking the run-off.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...30659288878640
    Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Sat Jun 2nd, 2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added video link
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Member Yearly Supporter SixnChange's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Slowster View Post
    Lost focus heading the straight at PMP. I fixated on his bike and not where I was and missed brake point.javascriptl('http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b6067cf-f00e-4f82-a5cc-9941014704b5.htm');

<a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6b6067cf-f00e-4f82-a5cc-9941014704b5.htm">Click for Video by Slowster</a>

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/6...41014704b5.htm

Let's see if this link works... Streetfire video links can be a little touchy sometimes

Ya, just use the 'link' button in the post edit window, globe with a chain link over it
    ---------
    '05 R1 in Yamaha Blue
    word

Resident Hater Site Admin Canuck's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    Little different animal...that straight at PMP, huh? I know some of the "top" guys are hitting 180+ on that straight

I would like to know who, because I don't know of anybody who can hit 180 at PMI. Maybe the drag racers, but even then I highly doubt it.
    RIP Gene. You are a good friend that will be missed. I'm Gene Bazyl Bitch!!

That video he posted of Jason Pridmore, had him hitting 182mph on the straight. I would imagine all of the equipment used on Pridmore's bike is accurate to give the speed, braking and other readings.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

"So live your life so the fear of death can never enter your heart. Trouble no one about their religion; respect others in their views, and demand that they respect yours. Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life. Seek to make your life long and of service to your people. Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.
    "

"Finish today what others won't, so you can achieve tomorrow what others can't."

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck View Post
    I would like to know who, because I don't know of anybody who can hit 180 at PMI. Maybe the drag racers, but even then I highly doubt it.
    Pridmore, Turpin?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    That video he posted of Jason Pridmore, had him hitting 182mph on the straight. I would imagine all of the equipment used on Pridmore's bike is accurate to give the speed, braking and other readings.

Yes...thanks BK. I included the video to support what I wrote. And yes, Canuck, I was a little surprised to see 180+ on the straight as well.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I haven't seen the video, so I'm going off of experience with racing and practicing at PMP and with several fellow MRA racers who are/were considered in the "top" class. I have no doubt that they are achieving close to those speeds, but my initial reaction of the 180+ speed was of speculation. I know that I can hit just above 140 on the speed-o before I hit the brakes for trun one. My speedometer is not accurate, (about 10mph off, and that is slightly better than the Japanese bikes), and I don't see why theres are accurate as well. Yes, those bikes are alot more powerfull than mine, and the "top" racers have bigger balls than I going into turn one. I'm not arguing about the insane speeds that they are pulling, just the accuracy of the 180+ mph speeds that are indicated.
    Maybe I am out of it

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    Pridmore, Turpin?

Yes...thanks BK. I included the video to support what I wrote. And yes, Canuck, I was a little surprised to see 180+ on the straight as well.
    Mike Smith,
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

I have now seen that video and am now more of a believer