Thread: IMI Suggestions

IMI Suggestions

Ok, I read through the thread I started yesterday and tried to glean out the important information. I'm not an experienced track rider but I do want to know what to do.

http://schelin.org/imi/

Take a look. It's just thrown together right now. If you have suggestions for rewording or how to make things clearer, additional info and such, let me know.

I think this should be made available at IMI so we can all ride safe and be able to ride home. It might even be a good introduction to other track newbies.

Thanks for all the responses in the other thread.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Re: IMI Suggestions

Btw, this rant is not directed towards you, Carl. So please don't take it personally. This is just my general viewpoint - a view that will probably be shredded or blown off by most but them's the breaks.

<Rant on:

The theory behind giving people information, guidelines, whatever for IMI is great. The problem is little to no fucking rider to rider consideration.

We talk the talk about being a community and how we should take care/watch out for each other. We also tell newbies to get out on the track to learn as there is no better place plus they'll be out there with experienced people willing to help out. Yeah, right. That may be the case for some of the riders but lately...

The last time I went out to IMI it was a gd cluster-fuck.

First off, it's a CART TRACK! Not MotoGP. Christ. Fucking get over yourselves, people. You want to race, show-off, break records, whatever...go to a real track and whip your balls out there where it might actually amount to something. Being the "best" at IMI doesn't amount to dick.

Most of the people riding IMI have never been to a track school, do not race, have no idea what the "rules" are so get over it. There will be inexperienced riders, slow riders, bad lines, blown apexes, incorrect braking, blah, blah, blah. Handing them a piece of paper with guidelines isn't going to fix all that. Quite a few people are simply there to have fun and learn in an environment where we are less likely to be seriously injured from any mistakes we make. And we do make mistakes. If that sort of thing pisses you off or you simply can't handle it - go to a real track. You'll be much happier. And everyone else will be much safer.

If you really want to make a difference at IMI...why don't you physically help out a fellow rider that is struggling...that you've watched blow their lines or ride like a dumbass or whatever. Instead of getting pissed off, go up to them and OFFER your help (because they aren't likely to actually ASK). Not only do you get your ego stroked for whatever that is worth but you make the track safer for everyone. It means a helluva lot more than handing someone a page of guidelines. And your huge penis and fantastic riding skills won't suffer from taking a coupla slow laps giving pointers (slow meaning you actually stay with the person you're trying to help ).

Fucking walk the talk.

We can post up about "guidelines" for the next twenty years. It won't amount to a damn thing without teaching by example. Some CSC members do that...others are a gd embarassment. I still have a lot to learn and I am slow so my ass won't be on the track with a large group of riders, CSC or not, anymore. I happen to like my bike in one piece. And from what I've seen lately, the chances of it staying that way drop considerably on a track filled with CSC members. Sorry but it's true - read the posts.

Rant off>
    Last edited by Bat; Mon Jun 4th, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
    ...you're one of them, aren't you? No, I'm something else...

It's a trick. Get an axe.
    ~~~ ~~~

"I say let the sky continue to fall on those that expect nothing else, and let the sky continue to be limitless, for those of us who will settle for nothing less." Barn in a sublime moment (well-done!)

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Bat,
    I couldn't agree more! IMI is turning into a disaster
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

8: All female riders must ride in front of #777 at least 2 laps for proper "line technique".

Quit fuckin crying if ya don't like ridin there DON'T. NEWSFLASH IMI is a race track may be small but is still a race track, YA GO THERE TO RACE. Not to sound like a asshole but quit bitchin and ride. If you need some advice or help just ask. Jim KTM #777
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Thats more like it someone with a sense of humor. Ya still can't ride in front of me
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet

9: For safty reasons the max speed limit will be 35mph.

10: If any confusion to these rules see rule #8
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet

Bat, that was sweet!

and so true.
    Eric
    CSBA#477
    00 Triumph Sprint RS
    www.cocsba.com