Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Re: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Quote Originally Posted by Devaclis View Post
    ^^what release is that?

Is it Antiquities or Arabian Nights? How come there is no tap symbol on it? It is an instant or an interrupt or just a sacrifice for effect card?
    ^^ Geek Overload, Exhibit A
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Mother Goose View Post
    Wow, I'm sure glad we bump this once a month.
    It needs to be bumped..as bikers need to know that the 500 dollars they were planning to spend on mods could be going right to the city if they are the wrong mods...

We are slowly moving to the "Land of the Free (as long as the freedom is DICTATED to you by your King), Home of the Brave (but if you get too brave and step out of the herd for too long...Your gubment will swiftly put you back in said herd)

Oh and does this ordinance pertain to home invasion? If someone breaks in my apartment to steal my bike..and I let my mossberg loose, will I get a ticket for breaking the noise ordinance...cause one shot is certainly more than 100db
    Last edited by lightspeed; Fri Feb 13th, 2009 at 09:39 AM.
    The cheapest mod that you can make to increase HP on two wheels is to remove the weight from the equation. In other words, put the spoon down once in a while and loose some fat off ur a*s ..lol.

I asked a state trooper yesterday about it, and he said that this is one of those things to be worry about in the mountains. In the city they are not that picky. I don't know anything about it therefore don't shoot the messenger.
    MEN NEVER GROW UP, THEY JUST GET CHUBBIER

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Crush View Post
    I asked a state trooper yesterday about it, and he said that this is one of those things to be worry about in the mountains. In the city they are not that picky. I don't know anything about it therefore don't shoot the messenger.
    WTF? Dude, that makes no sense. It's a Denver ordinance. The cop was jerking your chain or just plain ignorant.

Carl

Long Distance Gear Checklist 2002 Hayabusa - Now with 100,000+ miles!

Huge Member Site Admin Mother Goose's Avatar

And thanks for bumping this!
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Account Deactivated at users request

State Trooper can give you a ticket for having an after market pipe that isn't DOT approved.

Not only can Denver stick you with a fix it ticket, if you have a loud pipe you're getting an extra $500 stuck on you.

Well, sorry guys. I don't know much about things, that's why I asked. Believe me, I had the best intentions. I have no idea how it goes. I at least learned not to ask this questions in the future. Sorry again.
    Best Regards,
    Newt.
    MEN NEVER GROW UP, THEY JUST GET CHUBBIER

Well, sorry guys. I don't know much about things, that's why I asked. Believe me, I had the best intentions. I have no idea how it goes. I at least learned not to ask this questions in the future. Sorry again.
    Best Regards,
    Newt.

Don't be sorry Bro . We all learn lots of things by asking. You know I've been riding for a while but every single time I log on I learn something out of the Forums...so good luck to ya !!!

Carpe Diem Civibus!!!

I still haven't had any issues with my bike in Denver, and it's a little on the obnoxious side, I just don't act like an A$$ on the street.

I for one am quite glad this kept getting bumped, because as I just moved to Denver, I have a handy 2-year history on people's experiences with this law, since it got implemented. Respect the bump!

btw I read somewhere else on them inner-nets that (sorry, I dont recall where) that these tickets, if written, were largely getting thrown out in court. Can anyone speak to that?

In these times this would be an excellent revenue generator.
    13 BMW F800GS, 01 Suzuki DRZ 400S
    "It's not about the destination. It's about the ride"
    www.colorado2wheels.com

Wink Re: Noise Ordinance in Denver Passed

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    I still haven't had any issues with my bike in Denver, and it's a little on the obnoxious side, I just don't act like an A$$ on the street.

I have to agree with this. With the slew of modified bikes i have ridden, if you keep the R's low, then the fuzz will generally leave you alone.
    " Anyone can point straight and pull the trigger....Canyon anyone?"

didn't they already try something like this but throw it out because cop cycles couldn't meet the ordinance, or am I thinking of something else?

OK, so this thread is 2 years old with 5000 views.

Has anyone actually gotten a ticket or know anyone who has? Or was it all just a lot of bullshit and hype?

Quote Originally Posted by BHeth View Post
    OK, so this thread is 2 years old with 5000 views.

Has anyone actually gotten a ticket or know anyone who has? Or was it all just a lot of bullshit and hype?
    Got stopped in Denver about 4 days ago. My new bike along with Temp Plates has a ridiclously loud ass M4 Full system.The officer just wanted to see if i was the registered owner. He made no comments on my exhaust.

Like it's been said beofre. If you're not being an ass-hat and rev'ing your motor at every red light or trying to get attention of some female, you'll be fine.
    Remember Yesterday. Plan For Tomorrow. Live For Today.

Current Stable:

'o5 SuzukiGSX-1oooR
    (Custom Street Fighter).
    'o6 Pitster Pro 50cc Pit Bike (125cc Big Bore Kit).

I thought I had to rev it at every light to keep it from dying!? Dang all those hoochies must have been laughing at me then!!!!!

2003 Triumph Bonneville (Goodwood green with gold inlay)

2006 Fusion White Speed Triple (SOLD)

Again?? Really??
    Chadwick
    MRA #825

"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that, than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

Quote Originally Posted by merlotSV View Post
    I thought I had to rev it at every light to keep it from dying!? Dang all those hoochies must have been laughing at me then!!!!!
    Hate to break it to you man, but now that you have the S3, the "hoochies" won't pay any attention to you...

You've moved up in the world from the Gixxer Groupies!
    Do not put off living the life you dream of. Next year may never come. If we are always waiting for something to change...
    Retirement, the kids to leave home, the weather or the economy, that's not living. That's waiting!
    Waiting will only leaves us with unrealized dreams and empty wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Like it's been said beofre. If you're not being an ass-hat and rev'ing your motor at every red light or trying to get attention of some female, you'll be fine.
    I'm not an ass-hat. You are not an ass-hat. But Denver is full of fucking ass-hats. There are hundreds, at least. Maybe thousands. That doesn't even count the ass-hats who just pass through Denver at 10,000 RPM. I just wanna know where the tickets are.

You know if some ass-hat got a ticket for loud pipes they would be out here, or somewhere else, bitching up a storm.

I live smack dab in the middle of denver and this kinda sucks. My FZR has a 07 R6 shorty can on it(with EPA stamp) but it is pushing the limit of the sound level. The can itself isnt that quiet since I dont have the emissions equip that the R6 does, but hopefully that EPA stamp will serve me well if it comes down to it.

There is a guy who lives about 2 blocks away who has several harleys. They have aftermarket exhausts that are loud, but not what I would call excessive, but Im not sure if they would pass muster or not. He usually rides right by my house at about 12-1am every night on his way home from work. I never wake up from it. It doesnt bother me. What does bother me is that it sets off the alarm of this one PIECE OF SHIT! ford pickup with every plastic stick on accessory and decal from auto zone. But I dont blame the bike. I can fart in my bedroom and set the alarm off. The train goes by 2 blocks away, it goes off, a big rig drives within a block, it goes off. It is so f'ing sensitive that it goes off at least 10-15 times a day/night. I doubt it reaches 80db, but the variance in tone is absolutly obnoxious and I want to light it on fire and do a little dance around it while it burns to the ground. Ive called the police for disturbing the peace complaints and they just dont give a shit. I beat on the door to tell them to turn it off and get blank stares because they dont understand a word Im saying. The bikes are fine, leave them be. But enforce the true distrubing noises!!!

Only here for the free Wi-Fi Site Admin Spiderman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MrFreeze5 View Post
    I beat on the door to tell them to turn it off and get blank stares because they dont understand a word Im saying.
    Get the same alarm as theirs, put it in a wooden box with a car battery, rig up a remote to it, put it in front of their door, hide in the bushes with the remote and turn it on. Turn it off when they open the door, then turn it back on when the go back inside. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Bob <------ Asshole Nazi devil moderator out to get each and every one of you
         - 2002 Yamaha R1 (92K+ miles... bought new) ---------------------------------------->
         - 2015 Yamaha Bolt C-Spec (Cafe Racer)
         - 2004 Yamaha R6 (racebike)
         - 2006 Yamaha R1 (racebike)
    R.I.P. 502
    ~ Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out, it isn't the end.

Chadwick
    MRA #825

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
    Get the same alarm as theirs, put it in a wooden box with a car battery, rig up a remote to it, put it in front of their door, hide in the bushes with the remote and turn it on. Turn it off when they open the door, then turn it back on when the go back inside. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!!!!

don't forget the video camera! it'd be a you tube epic!

I love my 100 buck slash cut GP exhaust system, especially when it's bouncing off the rev limiter.
    Last edited by kawasakirob; Tue Aug 18th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
    www.chuckdavisrestorations.com

Go Crutchlow #35

Go Hayden #69

Go Stoner #27 "The Absolute Intercontinental Ballistic Missile of MotoGP!"

Go Sykes #66 2013 WSBK Champion. Go Green!