Thread: Blip it if U got it

Blip it if U got it

I'm a newbie to CSC and I find the threads very helpful. Question. I'd like to learn the true technique of blipping the throttle. Can anyone give me some pointers/tips or a good book to read etc?

Re: Blip it if U got it

Here's something that might help you.
    http://www.sportrider.com/ride/RSS/1...blip_throttle/

'06 SV650S

pick up a book called "sportriding techniques". treat it like a bible
    04 RC51

You know, I've stopped blipping the throttle. And I've stopped going down one gear at a time. Now I apply the brakes, grab the clutch, change down the required number of gears, and let the clutch out... No more blipping down each gear. Way quicker into the corners.

YMMV.
    dave.
    "Helping motorcycles live up to their potential."
    www.STMSuspension.com

irdave, is your technique a more common technique or just something that works best for you? Because I still see many racers blipping, not that I'm a racers but I am getting more track experience.

Quote Originally Posted by irdave View Post
    You know, I've stopped blipping the throttle. And I've stopped going down one gear at a time. Now I apply the brakes, grab the clutch, change down the required number of gears, and let the clutch out... No more blipping down each gear. Way quicker into the corners.

YMMV.
    Dave, are you doing this with a slipper clutch? And is this in race mode or street or both?

Me, I'm doing a bit of both on the street. But on the track, all brake-- then downshift. No slipper clutch either. So, my goal is not to let the rear end brake loose as I'm preparing to and entering the corner (straight braking, downshifting, and trail braking into the first 1/3 to half of the turn. All of this requires a hell of a lot of steering control, especially on a 600 pound+ Kawasaki, with NO steering stabilizer. (I need a sponsor-- preferably rich and cute and Swiss--there soooo orderly.)

On a better (see track) bike I'm sure I'd have more success with all these appendage contortions.
    Last edited by pilot; Mon Jun 11th, 2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: brain finally catching up to fingers. maybe.

Pilot, good meeting you yesterday at Scott's during the tech work. I was the african-american dude trying to absorb all the tech info. I guess I may just try both techniques and see what works best. I want to learn a technique that I feel comfortable with and applying in my riding on track days. Typically I see blipping so I figured that must be preference of choice across the board.

New issue of SportRider actually has an article under "technique" towards the back of the issue on blipping and sliding. Decent read.
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

When I was learning I used the sport rider article.... Read it 5 times and went out on the ole hwy in the middle of no where to practice..... After about an hour... Nailed it down.... I still do it, I have a slipper and still do it.... Dropping multiple gears at a time with out blipping on a track will get you a new noggin.... The RPM change is so drastic doing that..... The back wheel would be all over the place... Just my thoughts.. Id never try it so I guess I can nock it...
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Quote Originally Posted by lightning126zp View Post
    Here's something that might help you.
    http://www.sportrider.com/ride/RSS/1...blip_throttle/

Good article lightning. Short and to the point. Thanks.

in my momma's basement of the singel wide

On the track I blip and slide the clutch cuz I don't have no stinkin slipper clutch. On the street I don't blip cuz it draws attention, just slide the clutch a little more. Oh, sorry, Bash and #1 Townie, I don't really ride street....
    the racing lawyer

Fighting on forums is like winning the Special Olympics!

MRA #442: NUM Marketing, SR-Tuning, Bashed Bikes, the former Morse Racing, Vanmar Racing, Michelin, Bijou Tattoo, the former 4-Play Motorsports, JDH Welding (aka Dallas).

Quote Originally Posted by Redflash3 View Post
    Pilot, good meeting you yesterday at Scott's during the tech work. I was the african-american dude trying to absorb all the tech info. I guess I may just try both techniques and see what works best. I want to learn a technique that I feel comfortable with and applying in my riding on track days. Typically I see blipping so I figured that must be preference of choice across the board.
    Good meeting you too Red. Have fun practicing.