I've been a fan of Motorcycle Consumer News since my first copy arrived back in December of 2006. While at the motorbike show at the Denver Convention Center one of those "Hey buddy, I got a great deal for you." guys lariated me into buying a subscription. A month later I opened up my mail box and there was one of the best X-mas gifts I ever gave myself--and it keeps on showing up month after month.

For those of you that have never seen a copy, let me tell you that they don't spend your fee on fancy glossy covers, color photos and tons of advertising. For that matter there is no advertising at all. As an example the June 07 copy has 48 pages of meat!

Whats inside? Well, if your looking for low-angle shots of umbrella girls, read on no further. But, if your interested in the latest tech on bikes, you and everything that whips the vortex of cycling, then this might just be for you. Each month they cover a myriad of topics.

For instance, June: Harley's Screamin' Eagle VRSCX 1250 V-Rod, First Impression, BMW's New 650 Singles, Headlight Modulators-Fact, fiction and installation, Motorcycle Fatalities-Part 1: What's Happening, Medical Evacuation Insurance - Are you covered for a $50,000 helicopter ride?, MCN's Yamaha FJR1300 Owner's Survey, Medical Motorcycling-Summer Riding, Motorcycle Design- The BIG wheel (as in 24"), Mechanic's Stethoscope- Playing doctor with sick bikes.

In addition to the varying articles each month, there are the monthly Departments: Open Road, Letters, MC Bulletins, Downtime Files, World Motorcycling, Mental Motorcycling, Proficient Motorcycling, What's Happening, Street Strategies, Contact Patch and Innovation of the Month.

Here is a link from a back issue on one of the Departments: Proficient Motorcycling- Construction Hazards http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/proficient_motor/PMC04A.pdf

As well as a link to their main page:
http://www.mcnews.com/mcn/home.aspx

"I'm such a firm believer in this magazine that if you order it and don't like it, I'll buy you a beer and a burger and let you tell me why (good for the first three takers-proof of purchase required)".
-Pilot

The standard cover price is $7. That's half a tank of gas on most bikes.

Right now they are offering 12 issues at only a $1.83 an issue. Uh, that's less than a soda at dinner ($2 nowadays). Think of the value.

So, here's my recommendation 'O-the-Day. Order MCN and if you're not yet an Annual Member of the CSC, please join. Money well spent- indeed.

Let me know if you get this so we can BS about the articles.