Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gene Bazyl Memorial Ride: Take 2

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Gene Bazyl Memorial Gathering: Take 2

So I figured since we did this last year that we need to keep the tradition alive. Bertha, help me out here, and anyone else who came along (or who didn't come along and would like to this time). I can't remember what trails we did but Kim and Dean should know since they were there too. ANYWAY! Lets do it again. We want to shoot for Saturday July 14th, we'll drive up Saturday morning, ride all day and hang out by the campfire that night and shoot the shit with all our fave stories of Gene. What do you say?
    Last edited by AshliRider44; Wed Jun 20th, 2007 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Thanks Bueller!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Re: Gene Bazyl Memorial Ride: Take 2

i am down..........well, at least for the camping, bond fire, story telling and drinking that is.

but no riding for me
    ~MR. PISSY PANTS~
    R . I . P. Gene, you will be missed!

01 Dakota (Yama-hauler)
    00 WR-400 (da da dirty dirty)
    06 GSXR 6 (street toy)
    06 KLX 110 (play toy)
    02 Kawi Quad (play toy #2) maybe for sale...anyone interested??

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

<--and yes i think this is a Texas flag Well, at least i THOUGHT it was, until peanut took it away...dam you peanut, DAMMMMM YOUUUU!!!!!

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

i think you'll be healed up by then, but you're definitely not going to be riding anytime soon. no need to risk you falling and jacking it up all over again!
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

AKA "Devaclis"

^^^ not riding anytime soon.....jacking it up, again. You kids and your damn tupperware parties.
    First rule of the internet: *bleep* you and everything you stand for. Second rule of the internet: FKZOR U AND RRYTHING U STND FR!

Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Quote Originally Posted by Suki View Post
    i think you'll be healed up by then, but you're definitely not going to be riding anytime soon. no need to risk you falling and jacking it up all over again!
    What she meant to say was... "Stop being such a fucking pussy!"
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

We both blame ashli.... just kidding. that's what alan gets for crossing me, that's karma for you... mexicorean style!

~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

We both blame ashli.... just kidding. that's what alan gets for crossing me, that's karma for you... mexicorean style!

Dont blame me for him not being able to handle the woops.... "Lets take the long EASY way back everyone" LOSER!!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF DEVIL WOMAN!

poor thing, he's pretty banged up too. when i went to the ER to pick him up i told him "just because you're up in this hospital bed doesn't mean that i'm not pissed off at you!" Asian's never forget. so as soon as he's well again, then i'm back to being pissed off at him. and THAT, is how i roll.
    ~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

YOU SHUT YOUR MOUF DEVIL WOMAN!

poor thing, he's pretty banged up too. when i went to the ER to pick him up i told him "just because you're up in this hospital bed doesn't mean that i'm not pissed off at you!" Asian's never forget. so as soon as he's well again, then i'm back to being pissed off at him. and THAT, is how i roll.

Wait wait wait.... you're callin me the devil woman!
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

I think I was there last yearAnyway I will be there.
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

You were, but us old guys didn't get too far that day.
    I am in for this.

Everyone talk Jayrz into selling me his crf for 2000.00 so I can go..Shane's 500 scares me
    HighSide Racing
    Marine Corps vet
    http://roadrunnertg.com/

Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 64BonnieLass's Avatar

Is this ride for everyone who wants to honor his memory or just for those that knew him and/or are hotshots on the road? What do you all think?
    "Keep that "what if" thought in the back of your mind; it's the angel on your shoulder balancing the devil in your right hand."

"There are many things in life that will catch your eye, but only a few will catch your heart...pursue those."

2005 SV650S Street

This is a trail ride Terri, the street bike version is on the other thread. Gene also liked riding the dirt.

Where is this going to be, Rampart? What time do we meet? Where exactly? Will the ride portion be kid friendly? Now dont think my kids are slow, they ride hard and furious on the local tracks.
    Any more details of the Gene Bazyl Memorial ride would be helpfull.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

Bueller help me out here! I know that the trails we did weren't "beginner" even though it was my first time on dirt. I can't recall what trails we did exactly though, I'm sure some of the guys could recall, I dont think anyone would care if kids came so long as they could handle the trails we do (SHIT I hope I can handle the trails we do ) LOL We will be at Rampart and meeting Saturday morning (lets say 9:30 AM (?) Maybe meet up at Flatrocks to start the day?
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

The ride is probably not beginner (trail rider) friendly since we generally don't have a set ride in place and it always ends up going "wherever we end up" type thing. Rich if you wanted to go up there with the boys we can point you to the easier trails, and some of the attendees might be interested in an easier cruise.
    Last year the girls were just learning to ride the the hills but this year they have made some great progress so they are keeping up much better and tackling some of the more advanced stuff so we don't have to watch what trails we hit.
    Last year we went up to Devils Slide, mostly intermediate although the "slide" is expert there is a bypass, but not something a newer rider would enjoy.
    I think if there is good turnout there would be enough diversity as to be able to do a couple of skill level groups. And I doubt we would be gone all day on a single ride, maybe it should be listed as a gathering rather than a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Bueller View Post
    The ride is probably not beginner (trail rider) friendly since we generally don't have a set ride in place and it always ends up going "wherever we end up" type thing. Rich if you wanted to go up there with the boys we can point you to the easier trails, and some of the attendees might be interested in an easier cruise.
    Last year the girls were just learning to ride the the hills but this year they have made some great progress so they are keeping up much better and tackling some of the more advanced stuff so we don't have to watch what trails we hit.
    Last year we went up to Devils Slide, mostly intermediate although the "slide" is expert there is a bypass, but not something a newer rider would enjoy.
    I think if there is good turnout there would be enough diversity as to be able to do a couple of skill level groups. And I doubt we would be gone all day on a single ride, maybe it should be listed as a gathering rather than a ride.
    You got it
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

We'll be up there with you to "gather" then. You'll be surprised at how well my kids can ride.
    '01 SV 650 S
    '08 Gary Fisher mtn. bike
    '69 Austin Healey Sprite
    '92 GTI

This is still happening everyone. We are gonna be camping Friday night now too since Dave was able to get it off from work after all. That way we can find a good spot since its such a pain to find one on Saturdays.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

I'll probably try to head up Fri. also, I know of two really great spots, one is a pull through but the best one is a cul-de-sac that is aways off the road.

I'll probably try to head up Fri. also, I know of two really great spots, one is a pull through but the best one is a cul-de-sac that is aways off the road.
    Lets meet up somewhere along the way or give us a call. What time were you thinking friday?
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty

probably 5 or so, unless I have my shit together and take off work a little early.

probably 5 or so, unless I have my shit together and take off work a little early.
    I've got a half day but I'm sure Dave will want to sleep a lil' while longer so 5 will work. Let us know if its later. We'll meet somewhere in Sedalia or sumthin.
    My Other Ride's a Hoopty