Thread: Slammed and Stretched Pricing?

Question Slammed and Stretched Pricing?

So whats a good estimate guess on how much it would run to slam, stretch and put a fairly descent turbo on a bike? Just trying to get a good ball park estimate on what kinda price im lookin at..
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

Re: Slammed and Stretched Pricing?

Just give it to me, I'll ruin it for free!

Badhabit

Current bikes: 2005 KTM 625 SMC, 1998 Honda Superhawk

Past bikes: 2004 Yamaha R1, 2001 Buell M2 Cyclone,
    1999 Yamaha R6, 1996 Kawasaki EX500

Not exactly what i was shootin for but ill keep it in mind..
    "If you love something, let it go... If it comes back to you, you've just high sided!"

'01 GSXR 750~Scorpion Exhaust~Carbon rear wheel cover, chain guard, intake, mirrors and signals~Targa Windscreen

plan on at least 5 grand

06 DR650SE

The question is not what you are going to do to it, stretch, slam,turbo... to determine price. The cost is dictated by only one very important question...

How fast do you want to go.

Those items can all be done from cheap to uber money req'd. Cheap can still be fast but maybe not as safely.

Once you do them you are really limited to Bandimere, or posing down town. All three of those items will, as said above, ruin a "sport bike" for riding the way it was designed to be ridden.

IF you are planning on doing this to your GSXR 750 try gixxer.com or even suzukihayabusa.org as there are a lot of zuk guys there and search the forums to find what you are looking for. Its your money so I hope you have a lot of it if you want fast and safe.

Good luck.

I "was" recently (earlier this year) looking into a full build and big big turbo that was going to top off almost 20k.....

But if your not looking to build the motor, it will all depend on which turbo kit you go with, how much dyno/tuning time you will need, and which swing arm you go with. The lowering is the cheaper part, but the swing arm can be costly of course depending on which swing arm you get.

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

Throw up some pics of your sweet ride J!
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

I'm kinda depressed with the ride, still needs tuning, the original shop closed down with no notice to any customers.... lost a couple of OEM parts due to it and had a couple of small parts (lowering links & straps) on order which I will have to order them myself this time.... Was to be tuned/dyno'd but noooooo, I got stuck with a base map that runs rich.

Theres other things I am not happy with either but I will be fixing the little things to make the bike mine again, instead of a bling bling bike. Then I will post pics.....after the frame gets powdercoated black, stretched widened black swing arm, lowered, tuned, etc.

http://www.kwsmotorsports.com/suzuki.htm

These guys put together some pretty damn nice motors from what I hear. Check out some of the other links on their page.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I just received some new frame sliders from them that work with the vortex base pieces.

Here is the company I was in contact with for the motor build and turbo kit....

RCC

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

J, if I don't see that schweet Busa I'm going to rail my Kawi into you at turn 1 at IMI
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    J, if I don't see that schweet Busa I'm going to rail my Kawi into you at turn 1 at IMI
    You can go to my myspace in my sig and look into my BIke pictures.

I would host it but I am blocked at work.

Bike isn't lowered yet.

My universal hello:

Last edited by Slo; Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 at 01:48 PM.

i just got wood.... again.... stop posting these pics jay.....

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    ...and had a couple of small parts (lowering links & straps) on order which I will have to order them myself this time....
    BTW you can have my lowering links if you want them.... just let me know, ill drop em in priority mail, i returned mine to stock last weekend, with no plans to lower it again.

06 DR650SE

Thanks man but I already got a set, just waiting on what I will do with the swing arm, thinking of traction dynamics or something along those lines.

Quote Originally Posted by Slo1299 View Post
    Thanks man but I already got a set, just waiting on what I will do with the swing arm, thinking of traction dynamics or something along those lines.
    i thought u did, but your post i quoted made me think that had fell thru

06 DR650SE