Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: High Plains Raceway

High Plains Raceway

Glenn...hope you don't mind me spreading the good news from the MRA site.

Borrowed from the www.mra-racing.org site. Check this out about the new track that's working its way to reality!

http://www.mra-racing.org/PDF/News_R...s_with_FAQ.pdf

It shows the proposed track layout and there's a link for www.HighPlainsRaceway.com that's not quite working yet, but should be in order within the next day or so.

================================================== ===================

As The Gecco mentions on the MRA site, "We got a positive (5-0) vote from the Arapahoe County Planning Commission last night to approve adding Amateur Motorsports as a Use by Special Review to the zoning regulations that govern the land we want to purchase. This is a VERY big step and a good sign from the Arapahoe County staff!!

Completing this step is also the trigger for kicking off the fundraising campaign. The materials for the mailer you will all receive are at the printers and are scheduled to be mailed on July 5th (previous commitments at the printer/mailer prevent them from being finished sooner) but if you want to get a preview of some of the stuff you will receive you can go here:

CAMA NEWS RELEASE

The website mentioned in that document (www.highplainsraceway.com) currently points to the old CAMA website, but it will be updated around noon tomorrow. Everything you need know about the new track and how to donate will be on that website, and it will include a "thermometer" that measures how close we are!!

NOW IS THE TIME TO STEP UP AND DONATE! WE HAVE COME SO FAR, OVERCOME SO MANY OBSTACLES, WE ARE *SO* CLOSE....IT WOULD REALLY BE A SHAME IF IT ALL FELL APART BECAUSE OF A FAILED FUNDRAISING CAMPAIGN.

================================================== ===================

For all of those serious about trackdays/racing, this would be a good thing to check out and support if you so desire.

Enjoy!
    Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Wed Jun 20th, 2007 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Separate Glenn's comments.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

I'm Ashli with an I bitches AshliRider44's Avatar
    Never Ever Land or Trackside/Pitside Helping/Cheering On #33 or in our new home!

Re: High Plains Raceway

My Other Ride's a Hoopty

Watch Out for us Gene, We Will See You Again

Awesome!!! (in Napolean Dynamite voice)
    Elden (The Superchink) MRA #415 / AFM #102

Do you want to take your riding to the next level?
    http://chicanetrackdays.com/

Unique Track Day event to benefit children!!!
    http://www.racing2savelives.org/

Understanding that course layout would be dictated by elevation changes which were stated in one of the letters, and that until all the deals are done you are not going to put any money into track design...

That being said is there any info on the layout besides 2.4 miles with a Pueblo style paddock? I assume it is not going to have a Laguna Cork Screw but is there anything yet?

Oh, and yes this is very good news to hear. A lot of hard work and time has gone into this and it is much appreciated by us amateurs.

40, 60, and 70' of elevation changes on a few portions of the track.

ladder to heaven and to hell on a bobsled are a couple of named sections.

There has been a lot of work done behind the scenes to get this far. The track layout has been staked one time already, but the winter wheat crop is still growing.

They want to hit the ground running as soon as the fund raising goals are met.

I was able to get a look at the "blueprint" style plans for this.. The elevation changes stand to be pretty significant. From my understanding half of the track is spent climbing or declining.... The straight is also of Pueblo proportion. Anyway, Im sure as many of you Im hoping for this track to happen big time.

Another nice thing to point out is that the track is only located on 1 side of the land. There is TONS more space avail for future growth or what ever... (All though the terrain is quite hilly on the other side...)
    R6-Forum's June 2010 Ride of the Month!

Sig. Courtesy of GIJoe007

Dion's Sponsorhouse

Sponsors:
    Rief Resources Media/Rebellion Motorsports /
    Lockhart Phillips / Factory Backing / GoPro Camera

Chief Viffer Lifetime Supporter dirkterrell's Avatar

Is there going to be a CSC fundrasing campaign (via the MRA)?

Dirk
    Formerly MRA #211 - High Precision Racing

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by dirkterrell View Post
    Is there going to be a CSC fundrasing campaign (via the MRA)?

Dirk
    Good question...perhaps there's a good answer from the leaders of each organization.
    Liberty never came from government. The history of liberty is a history of resistance. The history of liberty is a history of limitations of government power, not the increase of it. Woodrow Wilson, September 9th, 1912

"The sportos, the motorheads, geeks, sluts, bloods, waistoids, dweebies, dickheads - they all adore him. They think he's a righteous dude."

Damn... sproutin wood here.
    When I ask a girl to dance I always look for the one with the yo-yo in her pants!

Yeah, i gotta change my avatar... just saw that
    O.o
    When I ask a girl to dance I always look for the one with the yo-yo in her pants!

There! :-D

aka - The Devil Lifetime Supporter
    Site Admin

CAMA has asked each racer that plans on using the track to try to donate an amount equal to one set of race tires to the effort. If we wanted to make a concentrated CSC effort to donate through the MRA I'd be happy to collect the money and pass it on in the name of the CSC.....

Just let me know

Scott

Takeoffs?...heh

Re: Here's a link to contrubute!

Last edited by kixx; Thu Jun 21st, 2007 at 11:27 AM.

Just a heads-up. The www.highplainsraceway.com link now works and has plenty of good info. on it. There's a cool link to a detailed map of the proposed track on here. Go to TRACK MAP link near the top of the page, then go to the bottom of that page and click on the "View the track in detail" link. Very nice layout and you can really see the elevation changes.
    Last edited by *GSXR~SNAIL*; Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 at 07:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by *GSXR~SNAIL* View Post
    Very nice layout and you can really see the elevation changes.
    Agreed. It reminds me a little of one of my favorite tracks: Road Atlanta.

I'm ready to get behind this with money. I'm not a rich man by any means but I am willing to put $1000 in now and more later. However, I want to see the interests of non-racers represented, hence my question above about whether the CSC would officially be involved in a fundraising campaign. I'm hoping that as a group, we can make a decent-sized contribution from the trackday crowd.

So, I'll pledge $1000 now to the HPR campaign via the CSC. Who else is in?

Dirk

"A strict observance of the written laws is doubtless one of the high duties of a good citizen, but it is not the highest. The laws of necessity, of self- preservation, of saving our country when in danger, are of higher obligation. To lose our country by a scrupulous adherence to written law would be to lose the law itself, with life, liberty, property, and all those who are enjoying them with us; thus absurdly sacrificing the end to the means."

--Thomas Jefferson

Has delusions of Kawi grandeur konichd's Avatar

I rather pledge money to R2SL where it goes to a great cause. I have no problem treking to Miller or Pueblo to ride. No matter how many CSCer's back this its mainly up to the general public to accept this track as they have more pull (like the Nascrap track taking a dive).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for a track closer to Denver, hopefully bring R2SL to it, but honestly I'd almost rather donate to Pueblo, an established track that has done alot for CSCer's.
    303 Cycle | FaceBook | Twitter | Google Plus |

MRA #161 : 2014 Sponsors - Bell, Knox, Silkolene, Forma Boots, Chicken Hawk Racing, Bazzaz

Wonderland, chasing the white rabbit.....

sigh, looks like the GSXR is going to be a track bitch!

~ Mrs. Pissy Pants ~
    "Saw It, Wanted It, Had a Fit, Got it!"
    1998 Grand Cherokee ~ 4.5" lift on 33's
    The Poserific Mall Crawler
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~
    2001 Kawi ATV (Da dirty dirty-Sold) ~ 2006 GSXR 600 (Sold) ~ 1998 FZR 600 (Sold) Even the Jeep has been sold. feck.
    RIP Gene, 502

Find me on Facebook!

Site Admin

David,

The track is approved, the zoning and land purchase is taken care of and the government agencies are already behind it. The ONLY thing holding the track up at this point is money. I am a HUGE supporter of R2SL, but will be donating some cash to this cause as well.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by konichd View Post
    I rather pledge money to R2SL where it goes to a great cause. I have no problem treking to Miller or Pueblo to ride. No matter how many CSCer's back this its mainly up to the general public to accept this track as they have more pull (like the Nascrap track taking a dive).

Don't get me wrong, I'd love for a track closer to Denver, hopefully bring R2SL to it, but honestly I'd almost rather donate to Pueblo, an established track that has done alot for CSCer's.

I saw the blueprints at Hastings. Lots of elevation changes and some negative camber turns. Whee!

Also, I read the business plan awhile ago. Recall something about there being a shooting range out there by the proposed track location. So, start thinking about where to put the gun rack in the bike trailer, people!

Quote Originally Posted by uberwench View Post
    Recall something about there being a shooting range out there by the proposed track location.
    Yeah, it's called Lead Valley Range:

http://www.leadvalleyrange.com/

Glen and Aaron are good guys. I hope local shooters will support them.

Dirk

--Thomas Jefferson

Site Admin

Quote Originally Posted by uberwench View Post
    I saw the blueprints at Hastings. Lots of elevation changes and some negative camber turns. Whee!

Also, I read the business plan awhile ago. Recall something about there being a shooting range out there by the proposed track location. So, start thinking about where to put the gun rack in the bike trailer, people!
    I think you saw the business plan for the private motorsports club that is ALSO trying to build a track in Eastern Colorado. look here http://www.genoamotorsports.com/

This is different from the track that the MRA is part of building. As far as I know there is no shooting range in the works for High Plains.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by RYBO View Post
    I think you saw the business plan for the private motorsports club that is ALSO trying to build a track in Eastern Colorado. look here http://www.genoamotorsports.com/

This is different from the track that the MRA is part of building. As far as I know there is no shooting range in the works for High Plains.

Scott
    Actually, there is an existing shooting range that is just across the road from the CAMA track location. We are to the North of their property, thankfully all of their ranges point South!
    The GECCO

You begin your riding career with a bag full of luck and an empty bag of experience. The trick is to fill the bag of experience before you empty the bag of luck.

Here is where the lead valley shooting range will be and the orientation of the ranges.

HPR and Lead Valley land